Tracy's Journey Into The Unknown (Maintenance!!)

I was just wondering the same if that much pain is normal but I suppose everyone is different & no two knees are the same xx
Yes, that's definitely right - I've read loads of people's comments on their experiences of knee replacement, and they do vary such a lot, including some real horror stories, lol. I think mine's about average! :) xx

Yes, it takes up to a year for everything to heal properly, but the severity and rate of recovery varies a lot from person to person, from what I've read. It's definitely improving, and it feels quite stable, just really painful still. :) xx

I didn't know, gosh, it must be hard not knowing how much help the op is going to have been for a whole year! But just imagine what things you could be doing this time next year, pain free hopefully :) xx

How's the first week of full timeage going Tracy?

Hiya! It's going ok, thanks! I did full days Mon-Tue, then booked leave yesterday for a break, then back for full days today and tomorrow. Getting there, slowly but surely! Just remembered the auditors are coming to see me today, oh joy!! :O

How are you doing? :) xx

I saw a naughty nine again in the scales, yesterday, lol. It was only 9 13.8, and it's fine again today (10 0.4), so I'm not in too much trouble with Kathryn! :D My weight is bouncing round by about three pounds, between 10 and 10 3. That's pretty ok for maintenance, I think?! :) xx

That's a brilliant maintenance figure .. You are truly inspirational xx

Thanks so much, Stacey and Lisa! :) I've still got that weird thing going on in my head where I feel bigger than I rationally know I am - I wonder if it'll ever go away?! :) xx

Thanks so much, Stacey and Lisa! :) I've still got that weird thing going on in my head where I feel bigger than I rationally know I am - I wonder if it'll ever go away?! :) xx

I think that's the last thing to disappear , long after the weight has gone.. Then every now and then you catch a glimpse of yourself and you are like, wow where did I go? X

I think that's the last thing to disappear , long after the weight has gone.. Then every now and then you catch a glimpse of yourself and you are like, wow where did I go? X

Haha, that's spot on, Lisa. I think if I had a full length mirror at home I'd be able to see it better because, as you say, if I catch my reflection at work or somewhere I get a shock! Our brains are such strange things!! :) xx

Yes awesome ! Put a few full length mirrors up round the house ., just to surprise yourself :)?

Yes awesome ! Put a few full length mirrors up round the house ., just to surprise yourself :)?

That's a good idea :) how are you tracy, do you have your first full 5 days at work this week? X

Back