Treat after weighing in

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by missgalaxy, 15 March 2010 Social URL.

1. missgalaxy

missgalaxy Yummy Mummy! xx

Start Weight:
    248lb
    Current Weight:
    248lb
    Lost(%):
    0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    SW!
    When I used to do 'Whispers *ww*' after I weighed in I used to always have a treat such as a takeaway or some chocolate etc etc.

Just wondering how many people on SW do this? I normally treat myself to a packet of maltesers but then they are technically not a treat as I dont have any syns (barely have any food to be honest lol!!) before my WI so really they are in my daily allowance!

xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

We've had a fair few debates on this recently. I used to but don't any longer as I had a lot of syns.

I now have a small treat, on plan. The extra syns need to be lost before any future weight can come off that week so I personally don't think it's worth it now.

4. pesty

pesty Fighting the bulge

Start Weight:
    13st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(5.63%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I dont treat myself after WI as by the time i get home im not really hungry - and it has never occurred to me to do it tbh.

I have heard of a lot of people that do have something naughty afterwards! But i couldnt if i wanted to as i would put on the next week, my body is sooo sensitive!!

xx

5. *EB*

*EB* Gold Member

depends how im getting on - usually try to keep to weekly syn allowance!! xxx used to have a blow out and a black hole for the syns i was consuming - it caught up on me in the end....so if i want a good loss, i dont scoff after the weigh in....and keep a track of it all anyway! x

6. philly_x

philly_x Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st1lb
    Current Weight:
    15st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.33%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - Extra Easy
    I have a small treat after WI. I had many many treats after last WI because I couldnt decide what I wanted to treat myself to and it definitely caught up with me! So from now on I wont be having massive treats!

I normally have meals that I like that I thought were healthy before SW, like fajitas. or a waitrose soup. So not as bad as a take away pizza but not slimming either. Normally followed by some form of chocolate (atm its the malteaster bunniers, creme eggs or mini eggs!).

If I keep it small it doesnt normally impact my weight loss, and it keeps me sane! xxx

7. Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays Gold Member

Start Weight:
    9st11lb
    Current Weight:
    8st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(11.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I always have a glass of wine - which I do most evenings. But I make sure whatever I have after WI if it syns I make a note of it. IMO you're only fooling yourself if you have a 'treat' without syning it.

8. peachy7

peachy7 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(3.21%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I get weighed in Sat mornings, theres a Starbucks right next door so I always have a hazlenut latte and the have the rest of Sat off, and still lose weight so I'm happy

9. philly_x

philly_x Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st1lb
    Current Weight:
    15st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.33%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - Extra Easy
    ooh i'd be scared to do that! I WI wednesday evenings at 7, dont get home til about 9 so I dont have enough time to majorly sabotage myself!

If that works for you tho then thats great! I'm jealous :) x

10. pesty

pesty Fighting the bulge

Start Weight:
    13st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(5.63%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World

I am also very jealous!! I wish i could have saturdays off and get away with it!!

xx

11. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

You can only get away with it for so long ;-) enjoy it whilst it lasts!

12. peachy7

peachy7 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(3.21%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    No I've done SW about 3 times before and always done the same and it works fine for me! I imagine I'd have bigger losses if I didn't do it but as long as it goes the right way I'm happy

13. Littleslimmingbee

Littleslimmingbee Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    SW
    I always have a treat after WI. Usually my treat will be what some of you might refer to as a 'binge' but i will not being this for a very long time because its gotten out of hand. Il have a take away or faijtas and im restricting myself to 'GU' chocolate mouse pots for 7 syns (tiny but so sweet and such a choc fix) for my dessert rather tha\n 2 slices of cheesecake and cream.. (and the rest when i get home LOL) x

14. yohanna

yohanna Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    i always have a treat after weigh in i think that youve really worked hard and not had any treats so why not i think if you dont have any treats you will get fed up of the plan and cheat anyway.

15. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

^^^ but surely you should build treats in with your daily plans? 15 syns allows a bit of a treat each day.
    I fully understand "big treat" night though, I've done it but realised now that it's not worth it for me.

16. yohanna

yohanna Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    i have been doing slimming world since 2003 on and off and have always had atreat not sure if i could cope without it and with the 15 syns i tend to use them for highlights especially if im having a chocky moment but i do find that if i have atreat on the tuesday i feel like one on the wed and then it leads into thursday but sometimes just the tuesday so it could go either way :) may try it next week see how i cope

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.