Treat day..yes or no?

Curvygirl87

Silver Member
just curious to know if anyone has a treat day or a meal off once a week?

No I don't, I count all my syns! If I allowed myself a treat day I know I'd end up letting it role in two days then three days etc! I'm not very good with moderation!!

I save my syns for a few days in a month and then the last Sunday on every month I have a 'treat' usually a subway! Yum

No. Just can't do it. I have very occasionally (3 times in 10 months??) had a flexi day where it was simply impossible to quantify the syns in a restaurant meal but I have then offset this by being golden.

I wont be having a treat day, and I am going to be attempting to stay under 10 Syns a day as well. Maximise weightloss xx

Every Saturday is my treat day :)

I think i am going to have one treat each week and some maybe drink (not every week tho) and then minimise my syns the rest of the week.. i think this will work better for me and that way i will be able to stick better to it,as i dont need to use many syns durin the week i mainly use them bcuz they r there! i discussed it with my consultant and she does pretty much the same thing, so last night i was out for dinner and i had some wine and an open sandwich so thats my treat for this week :D

yes i do though try to have little syns during week so i can have chow mein chinese which one of the lower syn options and bottle wine...prob in excess but in reality its the way that keeps me feeling as though i have had a change in lifestyle that is limiting x

I always always syn my 'treats'. Even if I have a bar of chocolate, or a takeaway after weigh in, I have to Syn it. Simply because I don't have a lot of self control, and one bar of chocolate would lead to another otherwise.

The only thing I won't Syn is alcohol if I'm going for a night out. This might sound very strange lol - if I'm having a glass of wine in the house, I'll Syn it, but if I'm going out for a night with the girls, I never ever count or Syn my drinks. I'll be pretty good through the week, and use as little syns as I can, then when I make the most SW friendly choices I can, and drink vodka diet coke, etc, but I never restrict myself to how many I'm allowed - you still need to have a life.

I know this is a bit naughty, but each to their own. If having a treat night works for you, then great! Just don't let it hinder your weight loss xx

i would be the same where drink is concerned and thats why when i know im out for the night thats when i will have a “treat” night, as in alcohol and maybe a meal of plan and then use little syns during week but the weeks where im not out il do the same as u and syn everything.. i maybe wasn’t clear when i wrote what i did lol.. whats the most syns u would have in a day?

I have little syn treats as and when (2 jaffa cakes last night) rather than have one night off. Will be having a few drunks Saturday, so am going at attempt to stay within limits or borrow some Sunday Syns, I think if I did one big treat day I'd struggle to get back on the wagon!

whats the most syns u would have in a day?[/QUOTE]

I always stick to between 5 and 15 a day. If I know I'm going out though, I won't have any that day - but don't Syn my drinks, so to be honest, I'm not entirely sure! xx

whats the most syns u would have in a day?[/QUOTE]

I always stick to between 5 and 15 a day. If I know I'm going out though, I won't have any that day - but don't Syn my drinks, so to be honest, I'm not entirely sure! xx

Yeah thats wot i wud do too and if iv been out im gona try have as little as i can through rest of week.. do u keep a food diary?xx

Great thanks :D

Personally i do and it works well for me to keep me on track. Every saturday me and the hubby get a chinese curry with half chips and half fried rice - it makes me be good during the week coz i dont deprive myself :)

I have 1 day off,usually get a chinese and i have a bar of chocolate as well.If i never had a day off i no id go of the rails.By giving myself that one day it keeps me on track and i havent had a gain since starting sw :)

I weigh on a friday and normaly have a few extra syns on a friday night :) I dont save syns for this or ration syns after.
Chinese tonight, will have chicken chow mein, beef in black bean, boiled rice and some chips (shared between 2 lol) i have 8 syns spare, will probably be about 10 syns over daily limit though. It is working for me at the moment. I think it is ok for some people, but others tend to gain if they have a treat!
I keep a tab on my calories on myfitnesspal and today (In total) i will have about 1450 calories so still not bad for trying to lose weight!

Back