Original treat days

Personally I dont. If I want a glass of wine I Syn it & if Im going out for a meal/drinks/takeaway, I have what I want, draw a line under it & start afresh the next day, but that happens rarely.
There is a thread on here you could search about treat/cheat nights that you may be interested in......its a fairly recent one.

I have the odd "treat" night but I always try and stay within my Syns.

What I mean is if I fancy a takeaway, I'll have one. I'll go for something pretty low in Syns, such as Beef/Chicken in Black Bean Sauce and boiled rice from the chinese - 5 Syns. I might have a glass of wine or a bottle of beer with it too. It's a treat because it's not something I have every night, but I am still within my Syns allowance.

For me I can't just have a "sod it" night, and binge out on whatever I feel like, because I know that one "sod it" night will lead to a full week of saying "sod it" and having whatever I like.

However, there are members that have a day like this once a week, get back on plan the next day and still manage to lose that week. I'm not saying that this will work for everyone though - I guess it's about finding what works for you. Maybe experement with it? Give it a try and see how it affects your result - that way you'll know whether or not you personally should/can do it.

I don't have treat nights where I go completely off plan and just eat whatever I want... sometimes I have Flexi days, i.e. birthday or something - where I know that that day I will go over and at the start of the day I set myself a limit of say no more than 30 syns (rather than the 15). I then feel like I have more flexibility and I've never gone over...then the following day I'm back to plan and my maximum 15 syns...

one night a week (usually) I'll have a treat night (like Princess_Stevie) said above...where I'll usually have chinese...my favourite :) (sometimes indian) - but I'll still stick within my 15 syns. I usually save my syns for the evening (so eating only free and mainly superfree during the day (lots of fruit and veg...knowing that I won't be having so much superfree in the evening!), and then I'll have a healthier chinese option (usually chicken and mushrooms, or chow mein, or chicken in black bean sauce) - they're all relatively low in syns, with boiled rice (cos it's free!) and a glass of wine! It's a treat for me...I guess because I'm not having it every night of the week, it's a night off from cooking dinner(!), it's something I really enjoy, and it's guilt free...knowing I'm still sticking within my syns! (Technically it doesn't really provide my 1/3 superfree...but one meal a week has been ok for me so far!) :)

I also forgot to ask, have you checked out the Recipes sub-forum? There are literally hundreds of threads with recipes and alternatives to take-aways, etc. There are recipes for pizzas, curries, chinese dishes..even a kebab! And the best thing is, they're all a lot lower in Syns values than what an actual takeaway would be.

Why not give that a go? Some of the recipes are really simple, so even if you're not the best cook (I know I'm not!), there should be something there you could do :)

Hope this helps!

Once a month I have a whatever I fancy day but only if I lose weight the previous 3 weeks, keeps the pressure on to be good lol

Once a month I have a whatever I fancy day but only if I lose weight the previous 3 weeks, keeps the pressure on to be good lol

Thats a really good idea.
Now all I have to do is get a loss for 3 weeks in a row.
As you say keeps the pressure on to be good and stick at it.

I stopped treat nights at Xmas because it puts a negative feel on the whole week,If I want a take away I syn it so stay in control x

I have treat night every weigh day. It hasntever affected my losses and stops me cheating and craving. Doesn't Work for everybody but it helps me. X

beckyblue said:
I have treat night every weigh day. It hasntever affected my losses and stops me cheating and craving. Doesn't Work for everybody but it helps me. X

Someone said this last time too-but if you've always done it, how do you know it hasn't affected your losses?? Yeah you may still be losing weight, but without that twilight night you may have lost more? Just a thought???

Hi all,

I decided to have a treat after i lost seven pounds and it turned into a binge and this week resulted in puttin 3lbs on, unlike some im unable to have a takeaway or a blow out because i dont stop eating the naughties and thats what made me join SW at this massive weight in the first place!!

I have red days all week then on a saturday i have a Extra Easy day which to me is a treat, on a saturday night i started to make SW pizzas, or SW burger and chips! Then i have a chocolate bar after!!

After my mega fail last weekend :sigh: tonight i am making SW speedy chicken fried rice (with lots of SF veggies in it) and then a kinder Beuno (which i no is quite high in syns but i save extra syns for this treat yumyum)

If you feel you are able to have a takeaway or a 'night off' and still lose then you do that but i learnt the hard way last week! And if it wasnt for some of the peopl on here i would of totally lost it!
But after my experiance i would say just have a treat but count the treat within your syns!

Thats just how i think though no body knows your diet or body better than you :)

x

Someone said this last time too-but if you've always done it, how do you know it hasn't affected your losses?? Yeah you may still be losing weight, but without that twilight night you may have lost more? Just a thought???

I often think this but as I am relatively good at weekends its my treat that keeps me going, ie, if i fancy some wine on a saturday I think ''no I will wait for Tuesday''. Ironically the ONE night I was good after WI I didn't lose the following week! I do limit the treat to Tuesday night's dinner though and dont go on a rampage.
Once I get to target though. I will definitely not do it every week x

I often think this but as I am relatively good at weekends its my treat that keeps me going, ie, if i fancy some wine on a saturday I think ''no I will wait for Tuesday''. Ironically the ONE night I was good after WI I didn't lose the following week! I do limit the treat to Tuesday night's dinner though and dont go on a rampage.
Once I get to target though. I will definitely not do it every week x

See this works for u having one treat dinner after weigh in and your still losing then thats brilliant everybody is different because i sure as hell wish i could but if it works for you whose any one to judge hey!!
xx

Must admit that Im not a strict plan follower as trying to just eat sensibly and exercise. I have a fully loaded kfc meal every other sat and a prob Chinese(healthier though like bb with boiled rice) on the Fri that don't count in syns. But during the week i don't really eat rubbish like crisps or sweets. Im losing nice and slowly as its something i want to maintain and keep up rather than being on a diet. I do go to the gym 3x a week which i think makes a huge difference.

I have a treat every Friday or Saturday, weigh in is Friday. I pick something i really fancy, like chocolate or crisps and then Im done and stricter during the week. i try and have 20 syns on Friday and 10 rest of the week and none on Thursday, sometimes i have some on Thursday depending on my mood, but i have lost every week and i find the more syns i have the more i lose! strange! xxx

last week my treats came to 33 syns and i was ok during the week, and still some how lost 3lbs! i usually have syn free meals as much as possible xxx

Rara Lara said:
last week my treats came to 33 syns and i was ok during the week, and still some how lost 3lbs! i usually have syn free meals as much as possible xxx

Remember you need to try and have a minimum of 5 syns a day :)

Back