Treat Night / Cheat Night

stivesliz said:
I think looking at it, she must have been referring to the comment about cheating yourself by treating and got mixed up thinking you had written it.

stivesliz said:
You had quoted the previous thread from Patchworkpuss about cheating yourself so I think she may have thought you had written it x

Ok! Still bizarre that this member has only posted once-and that was it!!!

The difference is Starlight, that you were using your daily or weekly points for it, not using extras! ,

But that was exactly the point I was making. It was a treat night within the plan, not a cheat night outwith it

:cry:Ooooops, seems I owe Welshtigger a huge apology. Am new to this site, was scrolling through and saw what I thought was your comment - looking again I see I read it wrong. I am a 61-year old lady who is not quite up on this 'technical' stuff - and have now made a mental note to myself to read things PROPERLY before making comments. Again, I apologise for any upset caused. :booboo:

shortcake said:
:cry:Ooooops, seems I owe Welshtigger a huge apology. Am new to this site, was scrolling through and saw what I thought was your comment - looking again I see I read it wrong. I am a 61-year old lady who is not quite up on this 'technical' stuff - and have now made a mental note to myself to read things PROPERLY before making comments. Again, I apologise for any upset caused. :booboo:

Ok-no problem-apology accepted :) I wasnt upset, was just baffled how I was getting drawn into a debate about something that I hadn't said! :)

I am really quite harmless - was introduced to this site to 'help' me, and now it seems I have put my foot in it with my first comment - need more practice before my fingers go into action..........sorry, again...............

shortcake said:
I am really quite harmless - was introduced to this site to 'help' me, and now it seems I have put my foot in it with my first comment - need more practice before my fingers go into action..........sorry, again...............

It's fine! Honestly! You've not done anything wrong really-I was just confused :) x

My friend lost 120lb in 12 months by deciding that doing WW was like being a vegetarian..,it's a lifestyle choice, a vegetarian isn't going to have a steak just because it's Saturday night!

Personally I want to change the way I eat and reward myself for the rest of my life.
Fact of life is you cannot eat whatever you like when you like and remain slim, fit and healthy.

Everyone's body is different, you can't say for certain whether this tactic will work with everyone.

That said, I treat night on weight night each and every week and I think my results speak for themselves.

That said, I exercise well, and I think putting a bit of fat and sugar in helps me with my running and sports.

Each to their own though, I don't knock anyone for trying anything to lose weight. At least they are trying!! Those that moan and do nothing are the ones that I have no time for :)

nodge said:
Everyone's body is different, you can't say for certain whether this tactic will work with everyone.

Each to their own though, I don't knock anyone for trying anything to lose weight. At least they are trying!! Those that moan and do nothing are the ones that I have no time for :)

I couldn't agree more with the above nodge :)

This is my view.....

Why should WI day be any different from any other day? All food intake should be counted no matter what day it is. Is you have a chinese, chippy, chocolate indulgence then count it. All of it, and adjust the syns accordingly for the rest of the week. If that indulgence is 40 syns - deduct it from your 105 or 70 and carry on for the rest of the week.

I don't see how it can't affect weight loss - if it's not counted then it's extra. You may still be losing weight and be happy with the results but it does affect it.

Each to their own. Just my twopennorth.

I use WI night as an excuse to
have a choccy bar. It fits in with syns but I wouldn't usually have one in the week so use that as my little treat :) unless I gain /sts I give it to my Boyf ha x x

I always have a bit of a treat after weigh in but I certainly don't have a blow out. We always have beans and eggs on toast on that night as its quick and I don't get in from work til 6.15pm and don't get back from class til 8.45pm. My treat is to have it on WHITE bread and sprinkle some cheese on! Not exactly ground breakingly naughty but i don't syn it. I look forward to it and start afresh next morning.

Have lost 1 stone in 5 weeks so think its fine to do this ! ; ) xxx

Back