Treat Night / Cheat Night

I do feel a bit sick with some things holly, i couldn't eat my treat last week cause it made me feel ill! I'm not a great choco fan and i'm not missing crisps or buiscuits (i like soft food) the only thing i really miss is pizza and chips, but when i can still have that once a week all-be-it on a smaller scale i don't need to use my syns for "treats" through the week! (i could easily polish off a 10'' and chip before diet..now can't finished a 7'' and small chip)

I wrote this thread quite a while ago and am now resurrecting it to say that I have stopped with the treating and a cheating on WI night! It worked for a while when I had more to lose but now I am on the home straight and really really want to get to target then something had to give!

i have just read through (most) of this and i thought SW was supposed to be an educating diet for life? so surely u cannot go through ur whole life not having a chinese, or pizza, or that meal u REALLY want at a restaurant now and again??
our C has always said if ur on plan all the time then 1 meal wont make a difference! - is this not flexisyns??
i dont really "cheat" and i use my syns for treats..but if it was a special occassion then i may just "blow it" for one meal n totally indulge! lol then back on plan 100% the next day!

i think as long as u are happy with ur weight loss or maintaining then y not have a treat/cheat night after WI?

loolahoop said:
i have just read through (most) of this and i thought SW was supposed to be an educating diet for life? so surely u cannot go through ur whole life not having a chinese, or pizza, or that meal u REALLY want at a restaurant now and again??
our C has always said if ur on plan all the time then 1 meal wont make a difference! - is this not flexisyns??
i dont really "cheat" and i use my syns for treats..but if it was a special occassion then i may just "blow it" for one meal n totally indulge! lol then back on plan 100% the next day!

i think as long as u are happy with ur weight loss or maintaining then y not have a treat/cheat night after WI?

Yes, SW is about educating you on your diet for life. Part of that involves recognising that you can't eat fatty sugary foods,regularly & expect to maintain or loose weight.

1 meal, on a special occasion does not make a difference. Routinely (i.e after every weigh in) over eating on foods that are unhealthy will affect weigh loss dventually, and that's what a cheat/treat night refers to in this thread.

Flexi Syns is not a complete blow out. It's a planned event where you will "loosen your corset". So you would say - at this wedding I will allow myself 100 Syns. You would not say Sod it, I'll eat what I want today. Now personally,I don't really buy into flexi Syns & think it's a weird concept. I prefer on plan or off plan. At least I know where I am with that :)

kingleds said:
Yes, SW is about educating you on your diet for life. Part of that involves recognising that you can't eat fatty sugary foods,regularly & expect to maintain or loose weight.

1 meal, on a special occasion does not make a difference. Routinely (i.e after every weigh in) over eating on foods that are unhealthy will affect weigh loss dventually, and that's what a cheat/treat night refers to in this thread.

Flexi Syns is not a complete blow out. It's a planned event where you will "loosen your corset". So you would say - at this wedding I will allow myself 100 Syns. You would not say Sod it, I'll eat what I want today. Now personally,I don't really buy into flexi Syns & think it's a weird concept. I prefer on plan or off plan. At least I know where I am with that :)

I'm with you on the flexi syns I just decide tonight I'm off plan and enjoy myself.... Very rarely mind.

I used to have a cheat night after wi every week, now I tend to cook something takeaway esque for when I get home and every now and the have a chocolate treat. I think if it works for you then go for it, however I know it doesn't really work for me.

I'm with you on the flexi syns I just decide tonight I'm off plan and enjoy myself.... Very rarely mind.

I used to have a cheat night after wi every week, now I tend to cook something takeaway esque for when I get home and every now and the have a chocolate treat. I think if it works for you then go for it, however I know it doesn't really work for me.

What I have started doing is making sure that I have a really nice meal for dinner on WI night, ie, steak and chips with a nice sauce etc so even though I amy be pushing it a bit on my syns its not as much as a takeaway. x

You can have results or you can have excuses but you cant have both

The plan Is the plan and in my opinion if you dont stick to it you cant be offended what the scales say.

I do go off plan occasionally but i dont make a habbit of it i know ppl that eat what the Hell they like after weigh in and then wonder why the weight isnt shifting.

You cant have your cake and eat it. Sadly

If i dont lose or maintain its usually down to me going over syns if ive eaten out which im fine with as sometimes there just arent the options on the menu.

Sw Is a lifestyle choice it wont be effective if you have days off all the time Eating crap

Sorry rant over

In the last few months with my unsettled personal life / circumstances I have been slacker with the plan, and had 'cheat' nights where I've just thought 'bugger it, once won't hurt' Once is never once though, and it will hurt - evidenced by the fact I've been losing a bit, gaining a bit, losing a bit more, gaining a bit of it back and so on. My lesson isn't necessarily learnt full stop, but I'm getting there. In future random cheaty treats not happening, and I'm going to go back to properly flexi synning for things like that. I'm reminded this week that I care much more about losing the weight than eating that burger / chips / naan bread / whatever. I know for me, that's something I need to focus on - cheating/treating doesn't work for me, basically.

loolahoop said:

No, you cant go through life not having these things but there's a big difference between a pizza, Chinese or meal out as a treat or now and again and having it weekly after weigh in. That's not on plan.

I think if people stopped and worked out the syn value of these treats, they may think twice.

Each to their own as always but it does affect losses!!

jaylou said:
No, you cant go through life not having these things but there's a big difference between a pizza, Chinese or meal out as a treat or now and again and having it weekly after weigh in. That's not on plan.

I think if people stopped and worked out the syn value of these treats, they may think twice.

Each to their own as always but it does affect losses!!

Good god how right you are about working out the syns.... One of the things that stopped me having cheat night was one day working out that in just 2 hours I'd consumed 95 syns..... Shock horror and not in the least bit worth it.

Binge after weigh in

Hiya,

I'm new so please be gentle :)

Just wanted to know whether people have a little binge after weigh in? Surely if you are going to do it, its the best time?

Your thoughts would be welcome

K x

Try not to, after all this is a healthy eating plan for life. Even typing the word "binge" you are setting yourself up negatively. Should you wish something nice, try use your syns and look on here for syn saving tips xx

I try not to, as I see it as my fresh start for the week. Although, I weigh in on a Thurs and like to use my syns on the weekend. Rather than 'binging', syn it xx

No, I never do. Having said that, if my OH wants a takeaway, we tend to have it on a Monday after I've been to WI! However, I don't go over my syns. Someone on one of the threads here said that her Consultant uses the phrase 'Step off the scales into next week's weight loss' and I bear that in mind every Monday!

No way! I just can't see the point, I'm there to change my whole lifestyle and weight for good, I want to get away from the binge culture entirely. I think the Syns are generous enough that it's not necessary to have extra. But maybe that's just me!

My weighing in day is a Thursday at 3pm, once the class has finished my sister and I drive to local shop and get a packet of quavers each to eat on the way home. That's our treat after weigh in. I have'nt had chocolate for 4 months and don't buy or eat it now, as one is never enough for me.

I'm not on SW, so hope its ok to come and say hello..
I'm on Cambridge, and i know from our section here on the website that people do tend to binge after their weekly weigh ins.
I used to have grilled chicken & salad after my weigh in on a friday, which is far from a binge & classed as a SS+ day on Cambridge, i can thankfully say i've outgrown this habit now though. For me, Cambridge isn't just a diet, its a change of lifestyle, and its teaching me new habits, new ways to become a better and healthier person forever. I don't see the point in 'binging' as it defeats the purpose of why you are on any diet in the first place :)

No I haven't, not yet anyway. I am one of these people that if I go off the diet I find it really hard to get back on track. Then the guilt trip starts and its just bad. Usually after WI and I have done good, the last thing I want to do is wreck my achievement. My suggestion would be to save your syns for that day till after WI and maybe go to the Indian and grab a lamb rogan josh or chicken tikka starter and rice or something.

i don't cheat as such, my solution to allowing a treat is to save most of my syns from through the week and i eat whatever i want when i have been weighed. that way i stay within the plan and have no guilt eating it. i don't drink anymore, i don't eat chocolate, biscuits or crisps so i have nothing to use my syns on really.
even if i have a pizza, i have saved those syns so i can have it.

Back