Treat Night / Cheat Night

Everything you eat after weigh in will show at next weeks weigh in. I have something nice within my syns when I fancy it. Sometimes it is weigh in night, sometimes not.
I certainly don't do what some at my group do and go straight to the chippy then stock up on cakes for after weigh in. X

i don't cheat as such, my solution to allowing a treat is to save most of my syns from through the week and i eat whatever i want when i have been weighed. that way i stay within the plan and have no guilt eating it. i don't drink anymore, i don't eat chocolate, biscuits or crisps so i have nothing to use my syns on really.
even if i have a pizza, i have saved those syns so i can have it.

I know people who do this too, but I would advise caution...

If you have the maximum 15 syns a day/105 syns for the week this only equates to 2100 calories - you can easily eat this in a pizza, depending on what you have. Most new members are now advised to eat around 10 syns a day/70 for the week - 1400 calories! It doesn't go far with a takeaway, pizza, bag of sweets.

Now, I'm not suggesting you do eat 1400-2100 calories of pizza but I want to highlight that it's easily done. I can eat a full bag of liquorice allsorts in a matter of minutes, over a thousand calories!!!!

And then you can't allow for any extra little morsel to pass your lips during the week. Tough call.

i am very strict through the week and i was using a pizza as an example. caution is used - as i said i have saved those syns so i am within the plan.

Yep, but I was also making the point for the benefit of others who may not be quite so strict, nor realise the calorie content of the syn allowance.

I did say in my post that I didn't suggest you did eat that amount of calories!

Sorry, maybe binge was the wrong word! I meant a treat, so for example, I have a bar of chocolate!!!

Apologies for crossing the line by using the wrong word

Sorry, maybe binge was the wrong word! I meant a treat, so for example, I have a bar of chocolate!!!

Apologies for crossing the line by using the wrong word

It's not a case of crossing the line hun, it's just the wrong word to use in any circumstance - there are people who really really do binge... a chocolate bar is a treat and can be eaten every night, not just on WI night. WI night should be no different to any other night.

gracel said:
i am very strict through the week and i was using a pizza as an example. caution is used - as i said i have saved those syns so i am within the plan.

I am curious as to what others have been told by their consultants. Have you been told that you can save your syns? We've been told that you can't so when I do save them (like this week!) I feel like I'm not following the plan 100%.

slimming sinead said:
I am curious as to what others have been told by their consultants. Have you been told that you can save your syns? We've been told that you can't so when I do save them (like this week!) I feel like I'm not following the plan 100%.

I had this issue with my consultant a few months ago. My original c told us that we can use our syns however we liked, and saving syns was ok as long as we weren't feeling like we were depriving ourselves by doing it. She then left and when I mentioned weekly syns in passing to the new c (new to us, she has been area developer for years though) she said that was not the plan and sw don't recommend syn saving. She made an example of me infront of everyone and actually really upset me as all of us did it because of what we had been told by previous c.
I spoke to her and said how much she had upset me as I was just following what I had been told was the plan and after much apologising from her she added it was a recent piece of advice from head office.

i was told that you can save syns but just not to make a habit of doing it every week? who knows some days i get to bed time and realise I've had no syns, some days i have 15

I have been told various things by different consultants - one that I used to go to said that have 105 syns a week and use them as you would wish to - great if you want to have a big naughty meal, but only if you have the discipline to manage wih fewer syns for the rest of the week.

I tend to notb have many syns at the start of the week and then if I fancy some wine etc at the weekend then I know I can x

It says on the SW website that you can save Syns up. I think it's in an article about popular misconceptions. Maybe that consultant should have a read!

hurleymurley said:
It says on the SW website that you can save Syns up. I think it's in an article about popular misconceptions. Maybe that consultant should have a read!

Yeah we did show her after that time and she said the advice for New members had changed. I still do it though and so do many others! X

The difference being that some people would use them in advance before they were saved and then would blow it when they have no syns and 5 days of the week left. I know this because I have done it lol.

I suppose whatever works for each individual though x

stivesliz said:
The difference being that some people would use them in advance before they were saved and then would blow it when they have no syns and 5 days of the week left. I know this because I have done it lol.

I suppose whatever works for each individual though x

Thanks ladies.

This is exactly what happened to me this week. I had 69 syns on Thurs & so I've been living on 5-6 each day since. I'll be interested to see how I get on tomorrow!

slimming sinead said:
Thanks ladies.

This is exactly what happened to me this week. I had 69 syns on Thurs & so I've been living on 5-6 each day since. I'll be interested to see how I get on tomorrow!

Just to give you an update... I lost 3 lbs! My biggest loss ever - I'm usually a 1 lb a week at best girl. Delighted!

As long as she is happy with her losses up till now why should she worry about it?

Altho, if you've always done it, how do you know it hasn't effected your losses!! You may have lost more if you'd not had it ;)

My weight loss has slowed enough without a cheat night. I'm 100% ( and have been since I started SW) but only lose 1lb a week. If I cheated I think I would stay the same. it isn't worth it to me, not when with a bit of creativity I can have the food I like cooked in a different way ie there is a fabby cake recipe on here which is 12 syns the whole cake.

Back