Extra Easy Days Trefoil's Trip To Target!

Just did a bit of baking...
On the SW website there is a recipe for Chocolate and Apricot Soufflés (I am in love with both!). The recipe serves four and is 3 Syns per serving. So I gave it a go! (With a bit of fiddling with it...)
Just a couple of things:
•The recipe didn't tell me is how easy it is to overboil milk- this took me two attempts.
•The recipe says to line the ramekins with grease proof paper with a collar of 5cm to be held down with an elastic band. I only had two elastic bands, and it got all faffy so I have omitted the grease proof.. we will see if this causes an issue when it comes to eating it!
•I had enough mixture to make 6 not four! My ramekins are the ones from the GU pots- don't know about others! Therefore mine is 2 Syns a pot!
•Asda only did Apricots in Syrup not juice- however I washed them in water.

Ingredients:
4 Ramekins (I had 6!)
100g Tinned Apricots in Juice (drained and chopped)
3 Eggs- split into yolks and whites in different bowls
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
4 tbsp Sweetener
25g Cocoa Powder
400ml Skimmed Milk
1 sachet of Gelatine
IMG_0668.JPG

So:
Put the milk in a pan and sieve the cocoa powder into it. Put on a medium/low heat and stir PERMANENTLY *the actual recipe says whisk but all of mine got stuck to the bottom on the first attempt so I actually used a spatula* until it starts to boil. Then turn down to the lowest setting, stirring occasionally. When you have turned it down, beat the egg yolks and add the vanilla essence followed by the sweetener. Beat until fluffy/you can write your name when you take the whisk out of the mixture and then add to the cocoa/milk. I found it easiest to pour small amounts into the yolk bowl and then pour it all back into the pan! Stir until it thickens and remove from the heat.
In a heatproof bowl, add the sachet of gelatine with 3 tbsp of water. When it's absorbed put the bowl over a pan of hot water and wait until the gelatine dissolves. Pour gradually into the milk mixture alongside the apricots, leaving one for decoration at the end.
Beat the bowl of egg whites until stiff (you can turn it upside down and none falls out) and fold with a metal spoon gradually into the mixture- this will take a few minutes. Pour into the ramekins and put in the fridge to set. Chop up the apricot and place on top to serve.
IMG_0670.JPG

Looking forward to a couple of these after my dinner!

Ruth
X

Dinner:
Rainbow Trout and Cod with Prawns, Asda Beetroot Salad, Quark and Ketchup (1) served with Broccoli and Cauliflower with White Wine Vinegar and Salt. Then Mullerlight Cherry and 2x Apricot and Chocolate Soufflés (4)
IMG_0673.JPG
IMG_0674.JPG
IMG_0676.JPG

Absolutely lovely!

Ruth
X

On a further note:
The puddings are lovely! It was a bit too stiff (too much gelatine I reckon!) but they are good for 2 Syns!

Ruth
X

First day back at work after 9 days off... *yawns*
Look in my diary to find I have a meeting at 5.30 and therefore cannot get to weigh in... will aim for Saturday morning!

So, breakfast:
Melon and Mango Mullerlight with a 125g Apricots (HEXB) Coffee and 1% milk (HEXA)

Lunch:
Cherry tomatoes, Asda Beetroot Salad and Tin Heinz Creationz Veg Chilli Beanz (2)

Dinner: tbc

It is free fruit day at work- so will get some of that!
Off in now an hour early to get a head start on the emails that I have missed- a guess of 200? :(

Ruth
X

I'm not a fish (of any kind) eater, but it looks good! :)
Shame you have a meeting, but you have another day to lose a little more
My work spoil us with all naughty things like breakfasts of croisants and biscuits and cakes, plus boxing day I worked and had a curry, I'd be really happy to turn it away now but it would be nice to have a healthy alternative :) Is it a mixture of all fruits?
Hope the meeting flies by and you get home at a reasonable hour.

Ah, you both look so happy in your photo Ruth. Lovely news about booking your venue, all getting very exciting, have you thought about colours you want or too far ahead? Absolutely lovely hearing the reasons for choosing your date and how very special to be wearing your Grandma's ring :)
Food's looking good, especially those little chocolate pots:p brilliant SYN value. I'm trying to do the elimination diet again (only this time properly!) and eyeing all the food pics with envy :D X

I'm not a fish (of any kind) eater, but it looks good! :)
Shame you have a meeting, but you have another day to lose a little more
My work spoil us with all naughty things like breakfasts of croisants and biscuits and cakes, plus boxing day I worked and had a curry, I'd be really happy to turn it away now but it would be nice to have a healthy alternative :) Is it a mixture of all fruits?
Hope the meeting flies by and you get home at a reasonable hour.

The fish was very yummy indeed! I actually got the trout reduced in Asda from 4.00 to 1.37! Winner :) just something to mix it up! Yes I am looking forward to Saturday to weigh, glad I didn't commit to it last night... didn't manage to get home until 7!
Just before I went away my department bought us dominoes pizzas which I sort of did well with as I got a GF one just for me whereas everyone else had sides/massive pizzas and mine was little so not too bad ;) every Monday a local grocer brings in 5/6 boxes of mixed fruit and any that is left over we give to the homeless. I work on a massive industrial estate and all of the companies do it I believe!
Hope you had a good day!

Ruth
X

Ah, you both look so happy in your photo Ruth. Lovely news about booking your venue, all getting very exciting, have you thought about colours you want or too far ahead? Absolutely lovely hearing the reasons for choosing your date and how very special to be wearing your Grandma's ring :)
Food's looking good, especially those little chocolate pots:p brilliant SYN value. I'm trying to do the elimination diet again (only this time properly!) and eyeing all the food pics with envy :D X

Hello lovely @Tibbs! Yes he is wearing a kilt, so his clan's tartan which is green with a bit of navy in the middle, and my bridesmaids will be in purple so I'm going with green and purple! Yes it will be very sentimental and lovely I hope :) an important day for sure! Thanks for the kind words, I had another one of the pots yesterday and they had gone a bit more jellified so definitely too much gelatine. Have binned them :( it's all about making mistakes to learn better though! Hope it's going well on the elimination diet. You sound very focused indeed!

Ruth
X

So yesterday did not go fine.
No time for lunch, 240 emails and a huge amount of work to do.
I ate my tomatoes and beetroot at my desk, and my tins of beans is still in my bag. Need to make more time for myself!
Got home and my lovely OH had made a really nice meal with orzo, chicken stock, quark, bacon medallions, chicken thighs and mushrooms, and then put 3 slices of smoked cheese on the top which melted... (10.5) I then attempted to eat another one of my puds but binned it as there were bits of gelatine all in it, same with my others so thrown away and lesson learnt for next time. Fancying a chocolate mousse at the minute so we will see.
IMG_0684.JPG
This was also yesterday's breakfast:
IMG_0683.JPG
This is today's breakfast:
Defrosted Mango with Mango and Melon Mullerlight and a coffee with dash milk.
IMG_0686.JPG
My beans are in my bag for today instead. I am going to set myself some time aside to eat!

Have a good day everyone!

Ruth
X

Hello Ruth! So much to catch up on, glad you had a nice time away and so exciting that the wedding is booked!
Get on Pinterest and enjoy the planning :)
I find so many SW recipes are trial and error, but your pots looked lovely & hopefully a bit less gelatin will see them perfect next time!
Hope you got some time for your lunch today! X

Thanks @Poppet12 lovely to hear from you!
I certainly will get on Pinterest, I have lots to look at and find out; and I have certainly heard good things about it!
I did not get time for lunch, again! Finding it difficult :/ hope you're ok!

Ruth
X

Hello Ruth! See you got to target. (I read back until early December lol). Don't worry about Christmas gain, happens to everyone! How's things? Congrats on setting date! I am now 27w pregnant and about 23 weeks away from SW! Not great. I am around a 2.5 stone gain so far. Around 7/8lbs above my pre slimming world weight but I know SW works and it'll come off after baby arrives. Life gets in the way lol. Found out it's a second little girl I'm having also. A lot of hip/pelvic pains this time do I'm definitely not moving enough and my eating is awful. I pick and seem to live off cocopops and McDonald's. Not to worry. Hope your doing well. Natalie xx

Why is it so difficult to follow the plan at the minute?
Exhausted, no time etc. Think that's my problem.
Had a full day's worth of meals yesterday! (Finally!) yogurt and fruit for breakfast then sushi from Asda (3) for lunch with pasta, Jalapeños and tomatoes with 1 tbsp of salad dressing (1) then when I came home I had homemade spicy beans, 5 mini kievs (7.5) homemade chips with paprika, 1 tbsp light mayo (2) and 1 tbsp hot sauce (1), with two Mullerlights to finish with. On plan but not enough speed.
Sick of not having enough time so today, I am catching a later train, so I can catch up...
Today:
IMG_0698.JPG
Coffee with splash milk, and 40g porridge (HEXB) with 1 tbsp Golden Syrup (2.5). Large orange in the fridge is also coming to work with me... for lunch I have decided enough is enough. I just need grazing plates and I am fine!
So, I have done Tomatoes and mushrooms cut up with my veg Chilli beans (2) over the top. They will be eaten cold but I like them like that!
IMG_0699.JPG
IMG_0700.JPG
Dinner is a tbc but my OH was looking at winter vegetable stew yesterday!

Ruth
X

Oooh, Winter stew sounds tasty!! We are having a lamb dinner tonight, can't wait!

Sticking to plan can be hard, like at the minute most of my evenings are spent prepping food for the next day, so I hardly get any 'chill' time, but it's worth it I suppose! xxxx

Hello Ruth! See you got to target. (I read back until early December lol). Don't worry about Christmas gain, happens to everyone! How's things? Congrats on setting date! I am now 27w pregnant and about 23 weeks away from SW! Not great. I am around a 2.5 stone gain so far. Around 7/8lbs above my pre slimming world weight but I know SW works and it'll come off after baby arrives. Life gets in the way lol. Found out it's a second little girl I'm having also. A lot of hip/pelvic pains this time do I'm definitely not moving enough and my eating is awful. I pick and seem to live off cocopops and McDonald's. Not to worry. Hope your doing well. Natalie xx

Hello my dear! Fab to hear from you!! Wow 27 weeks that has flown by :) I don't think that 2.5 stone is bad at all, 7/8lbs is amazing! Yes it will all come off when you get back on SW. Coco pops and McDonald's sound lovely haha ;) sorry to hear you've been in some pain, all so worth it I'm sure!
I'm well thank you- it really is lovely to hear from you!! Keep popping in to say hi!!

Ruth
X

Oooh, Winter stew sounds tasty!! We are having a lamb dinner tonight, can't wait!

Sticking to plan can be hard, like at the minute most of my evenings are spent prepping food for the next day, so I hardly get any 'chill' time, but it's worth it I suppose! xxxx

Oooo yes it was so lovely @itsGCbaby your lamb sounds nice too, hope you enjoyed it!
I know what you mean about planning- I am so zombiefied due to work... need to spend some time sorting things out :) im fine on a weekend when I have some time!!
Hope you've had a fab day :)

Ruth
X

I know what you mean, Ruth. I'm struggling with being so busy at the moment. I quite often don't get home until 8ish. By the time I've cooked dinner, the last thing I want to do is more prep for the following day. Need to start cooking larger meals again, so there are leftovers.

Oh @Torn_Tranquility i do know how you feel, cold dark nights (although getting lighter!!) like I say, I'm fine on a weekend just struggling with the weekdays. Plus I am so skint, I can barely afford group, let alone food that is often so expensive!
My OH is off for the next couple of days and he was thinking about batch cooking- I also love leftovers!!
Hope that WI goes well today :) and that you've had a good day too!

Ruth
X

Today has gone well...
Dinner!
It was soooo nice! And I ate it all before I could get a picture... :eek: broccoli, cabbage, carrots, courgettes, red onion, chicken stock, French mustard, 100ml 1% milk, 30% reduced fat cheese (5), olive oil (6)
Frozen mango pieces, 'mug in a cup' (4)
IMG_0711.JPG
IMG_0712.JPG

Yum..

Ruth
X

Just struggling with, well everything!
Sorry to sound so negative!
-No money (combination of Edinburgh, Christmas and Center Parcs)
-Can't really afford to go to group... plus I reckon I'm 1.5 stone up...
-Work very stressful
-Too tired to do anything except eat and sleep on a night (I work opposite shifts to my OH so he works weekends)

Then, the positives
-I have a job where I am highly valued
-I am in good health
-My wedding is booked
-My money problems will eventually sort themselves out
-I am going to London with work on Saturday to stay over, all expenses paid

All is good, yet not, my hair is also no longer black but a hideous brown... hair is being dyed tomorrow (always makes me feel better...) hoping that March is better!

Ruth
X

Back