Extra Easy Days Trefoil's Trip To Target!

Went to Asda on the way home and got these in way of treats for a bit
Blue Riband is 5
Both kit kats are 5.5
IMG_0951.JPG
Ruth
X

Had a very yummy dinner!
Also syn free!
Bacon medallions
Chicken breast
Mint
Basil
Oregano
Smoked Paprika
0% Fat Greek Yogurt
HEA Cheddar
2 chopped peppers
Red onion
Jalapeños
IMG_0954.JPG
Then for afters:
Greek Yogurt with golden syrup (2.5)
2x Kit Kats (11)

Lovely day but I have been starving! This amount of food used to be fine!!!! I had lots of sugar free juice at work today and only three blackcoffees (one of which was decaf)

Ruth
X

Breakfast!
40g Porridge (HEXB) with 1 tbsp Golden Syrup (2.5) and a coffee with dash milk. Need to go and get some fruit as I have run out!!
IMG_0959.JPG

Lunch!
Rest of stir fry veg with jalapeños and pickled vegetables with a tin of Heinz Creationz Chickpea Tagine over the top. All free!
IMG_0958.JPG

Dinner is a tbc.

Ruth
X

Trust me to have a couple of meals out in the first week I go back to SW! I am having food with one of my best friends on Friday. I am actually going to ask her to be my bridesmaid on the evening too! Then I'm at a wedding fayre on Sunday and having lunch with my mum and godmother afterwards.
I have done it before and I can do it again...

Ruth
X

Ooo exciting times Ruth. There was a wedding fayre near us at the weekend and I immediately thought of you! :) X

Ooo exciting times Ruth. There was a wedding fayre near us at the weekend and I immediately thought of you! :) X

Hi @Tibbs hope you're doing ok!
I can't wait to go to the one on Sunday... that's my last one! How are things?

Ruth
X

Dinner:
Syn free plus HEA..
Recipe to follow
IMG_0962.JPG

Ruth
X

It's sort of a chilli beef bake thing!
It is soooooo gorgeous!
1lb Extra lean minced beef, beef stock, 1 tsp cumin, 2x parsnips chopped, 1 chopped white onion, 1 tin of chopped tomatoes, HEA of grated cheddar, S&P, 1 standard mug of rice, 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce, 1/2 tsp Chili flakes, 2 cloves of crushed garlic.

Put the minced beef and chopped onion in a large non stick pan and fry until the beef is brown and the onion is soft. Add all other ingredients except the cheese. Mix well, bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 20-30 minutes until the rice is cooked and the liquid has absorbed (stir occasionally) taste and add more salt and pepper.
Put the mixture into a large ovenproof dish and sprinkle the cheese over. Bake at 200 until the cheese has melted and the top has browned.

Goodness it was so nice!

Ruth
X

Got leftovers for lunch tomorrow!!!
Then I had a Blue Riband Coffee Cream (5) and a KitKat orange (5.5)

Today has finished on 13.

Ruth
X

So today!

Breakfast:
Porridge HEXB 40g
With 1 tbsp Golden Syrup (2.5)
Black Coffee
I have some oranges at work to snack on!
IMG_0964.JPG

Lunch:
Left over dinner plus Jalapeños (HEXA)
IMG_0963.JPG

Dinner: tbc!

Ruth
X

Right I have looked at Pizza Express online as that's where I'm going tomorrow... nothing is low syn, with the possible exception of the superfood salad which doesn't look too good! All of their salads come with those dough stick things which I wouldn't eat anyway so I wonder how many syns it would be without them? The Niçoise salad is 19.5 Syns including dressing and dough sticks.... they also do something called a Bosco Salad but that is 31.5 including dressing and dough sticks.
Booooo

I was also going to have a little drink, but it seems like a nightmare!

Ruth
X

It gets worse, we are at a friends house on Saturday for food and drinks. Food is pizza.. drink is wine :(

Ruth
X

Managed to reduce Saturday night to pulled pork, chips and salad! Yay!

This was dinner- lovely and Syn free
Chicken, butternut squash, jalapeño, onion and garlic stew with chicken stock. Served with rice.
IMG_0970.JPG

Then a Creme Egg (9) and a Blue Riband Coffee Cream (5)

That actually pulls me to 16.5 as I mis-synned the creme egg and thought it was 7. Proves that it's a good idea to look it up before you eat it!

Ruth
x

I still can't work out the Syns for my food tonight, but I also don't want to feel like I've eaten air!
I still have my porridge and golden syrup so that takes 2.5 off my dailies. I am seriously considering the Tuna Niçoise salad (19.5 with dough sticks which I wouldn't eat) but even their low fat Leggera American Hot Pizza on a GF base is 20... I was sort of hoping if I found something low syn that I could have a cheeky glass or two of wine!
* week has also kindly appeared :/ at least tomorrow night is looking a little less synful, not sure about lunch with my Godmother and Mum though...
What a test!

Anyway:
Breakfast is Coffee, plus 40g HEXB of porridge with 1 tbsp Golden Syrup (2.5)
Fruit to be eaten at work...
IMG_0980.JPG

Lunch:
This is currently jalapeños and pickled veg in a pot as I am nipping to Asda for some chicken. I did have some Heinz Mexican Creationz but it's 2 Syns a tin and I'm trying to stay as low as I can.
IMG_0981.JPG

Ruth
X

Eek sounds a few tricky days ahead syn-wise! Will be nice for you to catch up with everyone though. I imagine the dough sticks add a lot in terms of syns to salad- don't suppose they're listed elsewhere on the app so you could take them off?!
I think it's good that you're at least being mindful of what is what- even if they are high syn options!
See if you can claw it back in between with syn free meals and lots of speed? Sorry that's my only suggestion!
Hope you have a lovely weekend! X

Eek sounds a few tricky days ahead syn-wise! Will be nice for you to catch up with everyone though. I imagine the dough sticks add a lot in terms of syns to salad- don't suppose they're listed elsewhere on the app so you could take them off?!
I think it's good that you're at least being mindful of what is what- even if they are high syn options!
See if you can claw it back in between with syn free meals and lots of speed? Sorry that's my only suggestion!
Hope you have a lovely weekend! X

Hey @Poppet12 yes it has been a very busy one indeed! Unfortunately they weren't listed anywhere although tbh it didn't go to plan anyway as they didn't have half the stuff on the menu due to an electric issue! I have had a good time thank you, I hope that you have too!!

Ruth
X

So, this weekend...

On Friday, I got my 2 packs of hot and spicy chicken, 2 pots of apple and grapes, blood orange with more grapes and pomegranate seeds and some sugar free lucozade. So all good as far as lunch is concerned.
Ended up having to do the late shift due to a few issues at work... legged it to the train station, then home with 10 mins to spare before I went out.
Got to restaurant, half the things off the menu not available due to an electrical issue... ended up with mozzarella and Tomatoes for a starter, a Fiorentina (spinach, egg, Parmesan, black olives and tomatoes) pizza on a GF base and 2x Diet Coke. Not good, but lovely!

Then Saturday, chicken and pepper skewers at Wetherspoons for breakfast followed by 2 hot and spicy chicken breasts (2) with homemade chips and a packet of sable grapes. Then when we got to our friends' house, I had 2 Bfree wraps (HEB + 4.5) with homemade pulled pork (2) served with mixed salad, her version of SW strawberry Eton mess (3.5), 1 gin and sugar free fizzy peach water (3) and 2 tins of Diet Coke - quite pleased really as my friend is on SW, but doesn't stick to it very often so I'm pleased it wasn't too bad!

Yesterday I went to a wedding fayre with my godmother and mother. 1 normal black coffee for breakfast followed by a then out for lunch (at Edinburgh Woollen Mill which was surprisingly nice!!!) jacket potato with baked beans, side salad and a Tbsp coleslaw for lunch (2) and a Diet Coke. Then some sugar free lucozade in the afternoon followed by homemade steaks (1) with homemade chips, onions, garlic, tomatoes and mushrooms. I did however, commit the cardinal sin and have a bloomin medium cappuccino from costa (8) I don't know what possessed me, I'm normally so good with my Americano!!! Lesson learnt...

On the whole not too horrendous..

Ruth
X

Today!

Breakfast:
40g Porridge Oats (HEXB)
Defrosted Raspberries
Tbsp Golden Syrup (2.5)
Black Coffee
IMG_1048.JPG

Lunch:
Cooked Pasta
Asda Mixed Bean Salad
HEA Grated cheese topping (will add at work)
IMG_1047.JPG

Dinner:
Post weigh in TBC

A couple of things.. fell in love with a dress yesterday! So going to look at things in that style. Will post a pic up when I find one!

I was quite good yesterday and had none of the tasting buffet (there was loads of really naughty food!!!!)

I got a flyer through my door for a new SW group that is opening opposite Asda Petrol station in town for the times of 8.30 and 10 on a Saturday morning. This is approx a 1 minute walk from my flat... so thinking that this would be my last Monday and I will give that a go a week on Saturday!

Weigh in today, * week is currently in process but hey ho, can only try!

Ruth
X

Sounds like a good weekend on the whole Ruth! You did your best and it could have been much worse :) fingers crossed WI is kind to you!
Looking forward to seeing the dress! I went shopping with my cousin on Friday (I'm a bridesmaid) and it was so exciting! X

Thanks @Poppet12 we can only do our best :) I can't find the dress!!!! It's driving me mad, I have got a picture of it but nothing else. I am thinking of getting in touch with them to ask!
Glad you had a good time, it's all so exciting!!

Ruth
X

Back