Extra Easy Days Trefoil's Trip To Target!

Lunch looks lovely today! Hope you're feeling a bit better, and you get the rest you need over the weekend.

xx

Hello @FlicG lovely to have you on here my dear!! My lunch was very nice indeed! I am feeling a smidgen better today thank you very much :) how are you doing? Are you having a good week?

Ruth
X

Nice relaxing weekend on the cards for you, Ruth! Make sure you get looked after and get plenty of rest - hopefully you can kick this bug quickly. I'm the same; hate being ill! I have my flu jab this afternoon. But being on campus at the moment is making me nervous! So many ill people around... damned freshers flu. xx

Yes definitely @Torn_Tranquility hope the flu jab isn't too painful! My OH has his on the 01st October, definitely worth it though, ooh freshers flu, you definitely need the jab!! Hope you're having a good evening and day too!! Have you got any plans for this weekend?

Ruth
X

I agree with the above & if you have your Dr note with you I'm sure they won't think you are a sickly worker!
We all come down with bugs now and again,it can't be helped.Go easy on yourself and do try and rest when you can.
As it goes into winter I try and remember to take a zinc supplement each day- not sure if there is anything scientific in it but my friend with a suppressed immune system swears by it for helping the immune system & keeps her free of the usual day to day bugs and viruses. Might be worth a try for the winter.
Really hope you feel better soon x

Hope you're ok @Poppet12 :) thank you for all of the kind advice and words! Definitely looking into a zinc supplement! Looking forward to doing nothing at all this weekend :) how are things? Are you up to much this weekend??

Ruth
X

Dinner
IMG_2694.JPG
This is honey and soy glazed duck with peppers, cabbage and noodles with 2 tbsp Sweet Chilli Sauce (3.5) it was lovely. I also had a yummy Wispa (8.5)

60 /105

Ruth
X

Last edited:
Absolutely nothing planned for the weekend! Will hit the gym/do some hula-hooping, depending on how my arm feels. But other than that, just chilling out, I think!

That all sounds pretty fab to me :) hope your arm isn't too sore as well!! I hope you have a lovely weekend :)

Ruth
X

I counted the pie as 20 yesterday!
I thought that would be best, with the Wispa as 8.5, mustard as 1/2 and honey as 1. So a straight forward 30. I had 14 today and 15 on Tuesday but rounded my syns off at 60 tonight.

I have decided to nip to Filmore and Union which is round the corner from my flat tomorrow. Apparently everything is gluten free, I am extremely keen to see exactly what they do- just looking for some ideas and possible treats for the future (maintenance ideas for when I'm at target!!) my OH is now off all weekend!!

My IPhone has updated its iOS and I am now considering selling my Fitbit as a result. The health app has got a lot better, and there's now a sleep, nutrition and a mindfulness section.
IMG_2696.PNG
I downloaded an app called Pillow to work alongside my sleep app, and it works out my sleep pattern etc just from being on my bedside table!
IMG_2697.PNG
Loving the changes!! I only have a Fitbit flex so I get my sleep and steps- and I now have this on my phone automatically.
IMG_2698.PNG
Ruth
X

Glad your feeling a little better Ruth-do take it easy though! Gluten free shop sounds good- I always like a wander in Holland & Barratt, they always seem to have interesting things (and jumbo oats! yum!)
I'm working today unfortunately so will have a chilled day tomorrow (if OH does all the jobs I leave him today haha) as he is going to a gig tomorrow night in Leeds.
My food hasn't been always on plan but I've maintained some control and not gone nuts- I think I've lost half a pound but can't remember what I started at lol.
Earlier this week I ordered a 'fitbit' type thing off eBay- I just wanted a step/distance tracker really and I've been wearing it this week- it's very interesting! I haven't hit 10k steps a day yet, the closest I've got is 8k, but hope to do it today with all the running around at work.
I'd be interested to see my heart rate though and it would be useful for running.
It's certainly getting me thinking about exercise! X

Glad your feeling a little better Ruth-do take it easy though! Gluten free shop sounds good- I always like a wander in Holland & Barratt, they always seem to have interesting things (and jumbo oats! yum!)
I'm working today unfortunately so will have a chilled day tomorrow (if OH does all the jobs I leave him today haha) as he is going to a gig tomorrow night in Leeds.
My food hasn't been always on plan but I've maintained some control and not gone nuts- I think I've lost half a pound but can't remember what I started at lol.
Earlier this week I ordered a 'fitbit' type thing off eBay- I just wanted a step/distance tracker really and I've been wearing it this week- it's very interesting! I haven't hit 10k steps a day yet, the closest I've got is 8k, but hope to do it today with all the running around at work.
I'd be interested to see my heart rate though and it would be useful for running.
It's certainly getting me thinking about exercise! X

Hope that work hasn't been too bad for you and that you get to put your feet up tomorrow- I also hope that your OH has been behaving himself and doing the jobs you have left him too haha!! Well done on the loss, as long as you're in control that's what matters!
Glad you're enjoying your tracker- 8k is great! I'm sure you'll hit the 10k today by running around your work as you say! They are good for all sorts :) have a lovely evening too! Put your feet up if you can!

Ruth
X

Brunch!
IMG_2711.JPG
Baked Beans, 2 eggs, 3 bacon medallions, 3x Harrogate 97% GF Sausages (7.5), 50% Reduced Fat Cheese (HEA) Coffee, light mayo (2), sweet chilli sauce (1) and a punnet of red grapes. I also had a peppermint tea.

Yum.

My OH also picked these off of our cucumber plant today!
IMG_2707.JPG
Aren't they cute!

We have a MacMillan coffee morning coming up on Friday 30th September at work.. so need to think of something to make.. I'm thinking something GF so need to have a look at some recipes.

Ruth
X

Dinner...
IMG_2721.JPG
2 eggs with homemade garlic and paprika chips, my grandads tomatoes and hot sauce (1)
Then I had a Wispa. This has put me to 19.5 for the day but I'm not too fussed!

79/105

Ruth
X

Hey Ruth , hope your feeling a lot better.

That's a a lovely dinner. We had a actifry chips last night, seasoned with smoked paprika and garlic powder, ham , eggs and peas, yummy. All our toms and courgettes have been used up. Love a bit of home grown, my mum sees to our veggies now, with help from my dad. It gives them a focus and keeps them active along with looking after the chickens.
How's your Gdad doing now?

Did your sleep app show that you had 10 hrs sleep?

Hey Ruth , hope your feeling a lot better.

That's a a lovely dinner. We had a actifry chips last night, seasoned with smoked paprika and garlic powder, ham , eggs and peas, yummy. All our toms and courgettes have been used up. Love a bit of home grown, my mum sees to our veggies now, with help from my dad. It gives them a focus and keeps them active along with looking after the chickens.
How's your Gdad doing now?

Did your sleep app show that you had 10 hrs sleep?

Hello lovely Quins! I feel that I am turning a corner and getting back to myself (I hope!) thank you for asking! Your dinner sounds wonderful but then again all of your meals sound very lovely indeed :) I totally agree about them having focus etc, my grandad grows tomatoes, does his own pickled onions and beetroot and tends to two gardens with fruit trees- he won't accept any help on them bless him. My mum says that when she was younger he grew all sorts and used to sell from the house!
My grandad is doing well now thank you, he is still on anti epilepsy meds- the same ones as my OH is so I could tell my mum about the side effects which was fairly useful. They have scrambled his head a little but that will fade over time :) my mum also put caller display in his phone so he will only pick up numbers that he knows. Unfortunately my parents are currently in Majorca and didn't programme my phone in, therefore he won't answer the phone to me. However I have rang his home help and he is just fine.
I forgot to turn my app on last night (I just dropped off immediately!) but the night before it said this when I woke up-
IMG_2722.PNG
Well done on hitting target- you must feel so wonderful!!

Ruth
X

Wow, 9hrs kip! I'm not getting anywhere near that especially in the week, usually 11pm and later and awake before the alarm goes off at 0600 and I feel tired. I must get to bed earlier. I felt cr@p last week, some of my staff felt rough too but couldn't pin point what, I said perhaps they are pumping gas into the office....my cycling was tough too.

I've bight a new wheelbarrow , fed up with only having one I've at the other farm, takes ages to make headway when poo picking with 1 barrow and 3 of us filling it up...

So much to do in one day, I think that stresses me out trying to fit keep into of everything and having a day job.

Pickled onions, love them., glad Gdad is doing well. Have good 'un!

Wow, 9hrs kip! I'm not getting anywhere near that especially in the week, usually 11pm and later and awake before the alarm goes off at 0600 and I feel tired. I must get to bed earlier. I felt cr@p last week, some of my staff felt rough too but couldn't pin point what, I said perhaps they are pumping gas into the office....my cycling was tough too.

I've bight a new wheelbarrow , fed up with only having one I've at the other farm, takes ages to make headway when poo picking with 1 barrow and 3 of us filling it up...

So much to do in one day, I think that stresses me out trying to fit keep into of everything and having a day job.

Pickled onions, love them., glad Gdad is doing well. Have good 'un!

I have at least 9 if not more!!! I'm a bit nuts really. I spend that long concentrating- my job can literally be quite relentless- following tracking systems, scouring planning systems trying to find jobs, looking at maps and matching postcodes, skim reading asbestos reports for the important bits, mass uploads of jobs etc that I'm often a bit muddled when I get home and don't want to talk for a good 45 minutes so I always get a ton of sleep! Settle down with a good book and chill- I also use radox in shower relaxing shower gel which has aromatherapy oils in :) (I don't have a bath as we live in a level access flat but if I did I would make use of it!)
I can imagine that it would stress me out too if I had so much to do plus a job, I obviously know you cycle a lot but do you walk ever? Are you into music? I assume you live in the country from what you describe! 90% of the time when I'm out I have my headphones in and people will say oh I saw you the other day but you didn't wave back, but I was in my own little world, I find it terrifically relaxing. Just a thought :)
Have a fab day Quins! Enjoy it!!!

Ruth
X

Brunch!!
IMG_2724.JPG
Mixed crunchy stir fry with 4x Hot & Spicy Chicken Breasts (2) and hot sauce (2)
I also had melon, mango and pineapple fingers and 2 meringues with a Skyr mixed berries yogurt (7)

Ruth
X

I was just deleting photos to save some space, and I haven't taken a few in a while.
I don't like some of these, but I'm nearly at the end and I have just put my gym trousers in the bin as they are so big. I am wearing the same trousers in every picture.
IMG_2730.JPG
IMG_2731.JPG
33/42lbs gone...

Ruth
X

Well done on the pictures hun you look fab!

Been a hectic weekend so not sure what to expect tomorrow tbh. I went with my friend on Friday to her wedding venue and managed to get her a couple of grand off their price so she took me to the cinema to say thanks and she took me to the gallery where I proceeded to eat far too much popcorn and nachos but hey ho I had a good time. Just hoping I have been good enough the rest of the week because really want the 1lb for my stone and a half. Have spent the last 2 days prepping and decorating the living room so hoping the body magic will help!

How has your weekend been? You feeling much better? x

Back