Extra Easy Days Trefoil's Trip To Target!

Aw, sometimes it's good to let it out. And it shows you feel comfortable in your group. Few cathartic tears never hurt anyone. Make sure you get an early night - try and follow a guided relaxation or something? x x

My group are so lovely, and maybe because I'm the greeter I stop and chat to everyone every week to see how they're doing :) my consultant said she would give me a ring as well which is nice :) yes I did! I have a new app on my phone with some lovely relaxation stuff. Must admit, I feel a lot better for it thanks. Thank you for your words and advice- hope you have a lovely day!

Ruth
X

Hi Ruth,

I've just found your blog/thread. Sorry to hear you've put on 1lb this week - I nearly cried in group when I'd gained after being totally on plan and no * week. I felt like a right div until I realised it happens to everyone, you just have to plod on knowing right is on your side and that it will even out.

Can't believe how close you are to your goal, if I remember the start of the last (Jun-Aug) quarterly challenge - you've done so week and are such an inspiration, you're so nearly there - going to go right to the beginning of your journey to see your whole journey.

Chin up my dear, you'll be at goal soon and setting a wonderful example to everyone of how to maintain!

Hey @EBD its good to see you! Thank you for your lovely words- you're so kind :) it definitely will even itself out next week- it's so funny, I give so much advice/get asked for so much advice and then when it comes to me I can never take my own :/
I can't believe how quickly it has all gone, to nearly be at target for me is just staggering! Once again thank you, hope you're having a good week and that things are well with you?

Ruth
X

Reactions: EBD
Aw Ruth, sending you another virtual hug- it sounds like you need it! Chalk this one up and try and move on if you can. You know the plan inside out and you're sticking to it to the letter so things WILL even out. Glad work was better today with the other person back. X

Hello @Poppet12 thank you too for your kind words. Yes I'm alright now, I think I just hit some kind of limit where it all got a bit stupid! Yes work was an awful lot better thanks, hopefully it can stay that way today... at least for an hour ;)
Hope you have a fab day!

Ruth
X

So, I got home, had some dinner and a couple of garlic crackers (no self sabotage haha!)
Then I had an idea, and did my measurements..
IMG_2788.JPG
So, between me starting and now, I have lost:
1.5" off my arm, 4" off my chest, 5"off my waist, 5"off my thigh and 7" off my hips.
I am so overjoyed! Nearly into standard size stuff for my top half as well as a 33" waist! Who knew!!! Sometimes you have to look at these kind of things when the scales don't play..
I then put some relaxing music on and went to bed, struggled for about 10 minutes but then dropped off until my alarm went off.

Ruth
X

Right. I'm going back to 15 syns a day and writing my stuff out properly. I quite liked the weekly stuff, in fact it's what I did years ago when I used to go clubbing!!! However I find it easier to do it daily, also I like writing my stuff out (I do also have a written diary that I fill in off the back of this and it helps me out!)
So:
IMG_2792.JPG
IMG_2791.JPG
OH has eaten my frozen fruit, again... however I have some plums on my desk so all is good :) HEXB Porridge with Honey (1) and Coffee with dash 1% milk. Italian salad, tomatoes and mushrooms, chilled Peri Peri Asda chicken (Free!) with Sweet Chilli Sauce (1) and 2 boiled eggs

Ruth
X

Hi, it's so good to see you picking up and I am so impressed by your measurements. Wow, in fact double Wow! Things have been a lot better here, just hope I don't get my appetite back to much!
Have a great day. Bev x

Hey @EBD its good to see you! Thank you for your lovely words- you're so kind :) it definitely will even itself out next week- it's so funny, I give so much advice/get asked for so much advice and then when it comes to me I can never take my own :/
I can't believe how quickly it has all gone, to nearly be at target for me is just staggering! Once again thank you, hope you're having a good week and that things are well with you?

Ruth
X

I know - advice is much easier to give than take! It's what makes us human. Weighing in tomorrow and want to cry because I've had another awful week - resolved to get on it and be strict with myself next week. I'm just so busy at work at the moment it's hard to get to the gym and prioritise healthy food when you just need to collapse into bed!

Hope your going back to daily syns works well for you and well done on your measurements! :)

Hi, it's so good to see you picking up and I am so impressed by your measurements. Wow, in fact double Wow! Things have been a lot better here, just hope I don't get my appetite back to much!
Have a great day. Bev x

Thanks Bev :) I think it's a good way to pick yourself up sometimes!! I'm glad that things are getting better for you, hope you had a fab rest of the day and today too! Have you got much planned?

Ruth
X

Yay - well done you! It's hard to see the positives sometimes, but totally worth it. Whenever we have new members I always say to take measurements. I don't think my consultant makes enough of it. I've lost clothes sizes, but not seen much difference on the scales sometimes. Hope today is a good one x

Thanks TT, I do know an awful lot of people in group who I have overheard saying they wished they had at the start. I've never done it before until now and just happened to do it as it was in the front of my diary! Get you losing clothes sizes, I bet you look fab!
Have a wonderful day- hope application is all ok!

Ruth
X

What a good idea Ruth- and wow to that inch loss! I know I can see it in your pics but seeing it on paper like that is really staggering- you should be mighty proud!
Daily syns might feel better for you control wise- have you noticed a difference in losses between daily and weekly syns? X

Thanks @Poppet12 :) I do feel really proud, I didn't think I'd lost anywhere near that much! To be honest with the daily and weekly syns I found myself finding it acceptable to go over by a few on a day because I could, but I didn't want to have that mindset become permanent... I quite like having my 15!! My losses have been the same, but I feel better with daily syns.
How are you doing?? Have you been up to much? I'm so excited for the weekend it's untrue..

Ruth
X

I know - advice is much easier to give than take! It's what makes us human. Weighing in tomorrow and want to cry because I've had another awful week - resolved to get on it and be strict with myself next week. I'm just so busy at work at the moment it's hard to get to the gym and prioritise healthy food when you just need to collapse into bed!

Hope your going back to daily syns works well for you and well done on your measurements! :)

Hey @EBD ! Oh no :( have you had events/engagements etc? If not just try and draw a line and get back on it because you really are doing so well! I can appreciate that being busy it's so difficult because you don't have the energy to do much- I can really relate to that! Have you got a slow cooker or can you batch cook? I have my own personal cook (OH hahaha!) so I am quite lucky but when I lived alone and worked shifts I had to batch cook and it worked!
I'm loving being back on my daily syns! The measurements has taken me a bit by surprise, it's the standard 'I can't quite see it yet' thing.
I hope you have a wonderful day, and relax. You're doing your best under busy circumstances. Someone said to me on Monday that I was too hard on myself, maybe we all are!

Ruth
X

Last night!
IMG_2793.JPG
Duck breasts with mint and chilli. Rice alongside peas, spring onions, carrots, sweetcorns, beans, one whole chilli, soy sauce, ginger and garlic. 2 eggs. Hot sauce (1)
Then I went in my sweetie box and had 2x Drumstick Lollies (5) and a Refresher Chew (3)
= 11/15

Ruth
X

Today!
IMG_2796.JPG
Mixed Italian salad, tomatoes, roasted red peppers, hot and spicy chicken pieces. 2x Boiled Eggs
IMG_2797.JPG
Coffee with dash milk 1%, porridge HEXB with 1 tsp Honey (1).
We had some tomato plants this year but they didn't do well and we only got one tomato! It's currently in my lunch..
IMG_2795.JPG

Ruth
X

Savour that tomato Ruth ;) out of my six plants I didn't get ANY! I think there were a couple growing but the chickens must have demolished them when my back was turned :rolleyes:
Had an OK week so far thanks, I'm just trying my best without making myself miserable!
I've ordered the 30 Day Shred after reading so much about it on here & other forums, it seems to be a good one for toning which realistically is what I want- I think I'm struggling so much to stick to plan because I don't have enough drive to lose weight! I just want to be a little less wobbly :)
Hope you have a fab day x

Savour that tomato Ruth ;) out of my six plants I didn't get ANY! I think there were a couple growing but the chickens must have demolished them when my back was turned :rolleyes:
Had an OK week so far thanks, I'm just trying my best without making myself miserable!
I've ordered the 30 Day Shred after reading so much about it on here & other forums, it seems to be a good one for toning which realistically is what I want- I think I'm struggling so much to stick to plan because I don't have enough drive to lose weight! I just want to be a little less wobbly :)
Hope you have a fab day x

Oooo I certainly did, it was very yummy indeed! (As were the others haha!) hahaha that made me laugh about your chickens, bless them! I did the 30 day shred about 3/4 years ago (when I was actually fit enough!) and it's really good, but hard but it does tone your up. The last thing you want is to be miserable, you've done so well :)
I had a good day thanks, just mad busy as usual! Have a fab one today!

Ruth
X

Dinner last night (that was totally yum)
IMG_2798.JPG
This is chicken thighs with mustard, lemon, white wine vinegar, salt, pepper and coated in egg with leeks and sliced potatoes. All done in the oven! Only 1/2 a syn for the mustard, and I had 1 tbsp Light Mayo (2)
Then I had some more of my sweets as I'm trying to get rid.. I had 1x Drumstick (2.5), 2x Lemon chews (3) and 2 toffee chews (5)

14/15

Ruth
X

Today!
IMG_2799.JPG
I had accidentally already eaten some porridge... that's Porridge HEXB with 1tsp of honey (1) coffee with dash 1% milk. Then the rest of my Mexican chicken, 4 tomatoes, roasted red peppers and 2 sliced boiled eggs (I desperately need to go shopping...)

Ruth
X

Back