Extra Easy Days Trefoil's Trip To Target!

Oops I thought I'd posted this morning!
I was totally exhausted though so obviously not!! I forgot to take a picture of my lunch too but it was just the normal with a bit of added ham :)
Porridge HEXB 35g with Frozen fruit and 1 tsp Honey (1). Tikka slices and ham with mushrooms and tomatoes. 2x boiled eggs.
Leek and mixed vegetable casserole with pasta
IMG_2752.JPG
Serves 4:
Chicken, pasta, leeks, frozen mixed vegetables with 50% less fat soft cheese (3) grated 50% cheddar (HEA) chicken stock cube, cooking wine (1), 1% milk (1). Therefore 5 syns a portion, lovely and tasty.
Multipack Wispa (8.5)

52.5/105

Ruth
X

Just caught up over your last couple of weeks. Well done on weight loss and you are so close to the next down weight bracket.
Keep doing what your doing as it's working for you. :)

Just caught up over your last couple of weeks. Well done on weight loss and you are so close to the next down weight bracket.
Keep doing what your doing as it's working for you. :)

Hello @craftermary thank you :) I can't believe how close I am, its a dream really! Yes I will do thank you, I don't like change, plus so many foods and additives don't agree with me that I think I'm better sticking with what I know.
How are things with you??

Ruth
X

Been a bit AWOL today but still about. OH has 3 days off so isn't back until Monday. So today we got up, went into town and to Wetherspoons. He had his big breakfast and I had my chicken and pepper skewers with my big salad bowl as usual! However it didn't come with the salad dressing so it was 4 syns for the lot which isn't bad at all. (4)
Then Dan had his flu jab so I walked around for a bit, got a few bits I needed and we nipped to Asda to get some essentials for next week.
We have just switched banks so we ended up doing a lot of paperwork sifting this afternoon and getting things sorted! I treated myself to three syns worth of Chilli Heatwave Doritos- my OH ate the rest of the bag plus a whole jar of Doritos chilli salsa... as we were watching films whilst doing our paperwork! (3)
We had a fakeaway for dinner of Lemon Chicken with Noodles and Stir Fry Veg and hot sauce (4.5) I then had some fizzy peach water and a Wispa multi (8.5)
IMG_2759.JPG
So I'm 5 over, but I have had such a wonderful day!
My OH also bought me some lilies yesterday which was very lovely of him!
IMG_2751.JPG

= 72.5/105

Ruth
X

Sounds like a nice pottering Saturday :) And beautiful flowers! I love lilies- the smell is so strong which I know some people (ie my mum) don't like but it's lovely!
Just have to be careful with the pollen, it stains like mad!
Fakeaway sounds good- was it an easy one?
Have a lovely Sunday! The weather is spot on already :)

Sounds like a nice pottering Saturday :) And beautiful flowers! I love lilies- the smell is so strong which I know some people (ie my mum) don't like but it's lovely!
Just have to be careful with the pollen, it stains like mad!
Fakeaway sounds good- was it an easy one?
Have a lovely Sunday! The weather is spot on already :)

It was a lovely Saturday!!! Lilies are so gorgeous- totally agree about the pollen! The fakeaway was also yummy and it was very easy and tasty, sometimes you don't need to spend a lot of money on a takeaway to have some nice food!
I've had a lovely Sunday thanks have you??

Ruth
X

Brunch!
IMG_2775.JPG
3 Smoked Bacon Medallions, 1/2 3 egg omelette, tomatoes and mushrooms, HEA of 50% reduced fat cheddar. 1 tbsp Hot Sauce and 1 tbsp Light Mayo (3) Skyr Strawberry Yogurt (1)
IMG_2776.JPG
I also had some frozen fruit (thawed) with 0% Fat Greek yogurt later.

Ruth
X

Work (as I expected) is taking its toll on me a bit. So I went for a walk for an hour just now around the stray (large grassy areas surrounding Harrogate town Center and protected by the Queen)
IMG_2778.JPG
Managed to take this halfway round, so beautiful! Definitely cleared my head and did exactly what I needed.
My steps total today is also this
IMG_2779.PNG
Which I am super pleased with.
Jacket potato is now in the oven and will be served with tuna mayo and prawns alongside a side salad with my homegrown cucumbers :)

Ruth
X

IMG_2781.JPG
Dinner!
Can you tell that I needed to use the prawns up...
Prawns with 'Marie Rose' sauce made of 0% fat Greek yogurt and 1/2 tbsp Ketchup (1/2). Jacket potato with Tuna and 1 tbsp Light Mayo (2). Mixed Italian salad with cucumber and tomato.
Yum

Ruth
X

I had my last Wispa Multipack (8.5) for pudding! So I'm just watching a bit of TV, going to wash my hair and then bed :)
I felt pretty rotten last week with work, in fact most days I could have cried when I got home. Someone was on holiday and we had someone new start so my team leader's time was taken up with them. I am fitting into my role well but quite literally didn't have time to even leave my desk to go to the toilet.
The guy is back next week, and my team leader is still training but hopefully it will be better as my area is the busiest and I genuinely cannot juggle it all. Without sounding silly, I've been ending up picking up my team leader's slack. He's got a lot on, and therefore isn't getting his work done, so therefore managers/engineers etc are ringing me to chase for things that he should have done and I'm doing them... i.e. Looking after all of my colleagues work whilst he was abroad including his emails.
I've ended up getting involved in a massive commercial job out of my area, getting totally snowed under in my colleague's area with work and struggling to complete my own.
My colleague is back tomorrow, I hope someone realises before he walks through the door at 930 (when I went away he booked all of my work for me and did my emails) that he has outstanding work because I'm putting my foot down. It's also all I've thought about all weekend :(
That's why I went for a walk this evening, because I don't want a re run of last week.
Need to be productive.

Ruth
X

Sounds really stressful Ruth- make sure you put that foot firmly down, stress at work needs to be taken seriously and it sounds like last week you did the work of three people alone!
It will do no good in the long run- it takes it's toll and apart from making you feel like crap and spoiling your weekend, you could end up signed off yourself.
The walk was a very good idea :) I'm glad it helped you clear your head. My research for the last six years or so has been exploring the beneficial effect exercising in nature can have on our mental wellbeing- that's a prime example! A simple walk can restore so much, including the ability to concentrate at work, so it's well worth it.
Food is looking yummy as ever! Well done on the home grown cucumbers :)
I've had a lovely weekend with OH- food has been all over the place as I've pretty much eaten what I fancied and I need to go shopping, so very little fruit!
Today's plan is to clear the fridge and re-stock it, hopefully get back on the wagon and at some point I need to run again, haven't been for a while and can feel my fitness slipping.
Have a great day! X

Oh Ruth, I can really empathise. I no longer work but have had jobs in the past which made me ill. Please try to take a step back and look after yourself. You and your health are more important than any job.
Bev x

Thank you everyone for your support and advice. No surprise that I've put 1lb on. I cried in group :(

Ruth
X

So sorry Ruth, you are doing so well. A small glitch. Hang on in there. Hope work was a little better? Big hugs. Bev x

I will do thank you @solange it will be fine I'm sure, it just topped off an awful week! Work was alright actually it was a lot better with the other person back! Managed to leave on time etc. How are you doing? Have you had a good day?

Ruth
X

Oh Ruth! Sending you big virtual hugs. Don't worry about the gain - we know what stress can do to us and our bodies.

Thanks @Torn_Tranquility i couldn't believe it, and I felt like a right narna! Everyone was so nice though! Oh well, back to normal next week. I only got about 5 hours kip last night too :(

Ruth
X

Thank you everyone for your support and advice. No surprise that I've put 1lb on. I cried in group :(

Ruth
X

Hi Ruth,

I've just found your blog/thread. Sorry to hear you've put on 1lb this week - I nearly cried in group when I'd gained after being totally on plan and no * week. I felt like a right div until I realised it happens to everyone, you just have to plod on knowing right is on your side and that it will even out.

Can't believe how close you are to your goal, if I remember the start of the last (Jun-Aug) quarterly challenge - you've done so week and are such an inspiration, you're so nearly there - going to go right to the beginning of your journey to see your whole journey.

Chin up my dear, you'll be at goal soon and setting a wonderful example to everyone of how to maintain!

Back