Extra Easy Days Trefoil's Trip To Target!

I am home alone on Friday night! Straight to the gym from work (pure gym is across the road from my work) to do an hour of spinning (which I actually love, slightly worrying) and a bit of easy walking on the treadmill before I go home. Thinking of what to make myself for my dinner. I'm not often home alone so was considering getting myself some fish! Possibly doing the fish chips and mushy peas recipe that I have seen on the main SW website :)

Friday is my favourite day and I always like to have something nice to eat when I'm alone and I can take my time with. Ideas welcome!

Ruth
X

I love frozen fruit! I tend to eat it in its frozen state, it seems more of a treat that way and especially grapes are super sweet! And your random dinners are great, I love random food combinations :)

And well done on resisting the cake, very interesting substitution, cake or tomato, which one should I go for ermmmm...:D But I love tomatoes too so I understand how very satisfying they are, especially really deep red on the vine, they are so yummy. Hope you have a good day today x

I love frozen fruit! I tend to eat it in its frozen state, it seems more of a treat that way and especially grapes are super sweet! And your random dinners are great, I love random food combinations :)

And well done on resisting the cake, very interesting substitution, cake or tomato, which one should I go for ermmmm...:D But I love tomatoes too so I understand how very satisfying they are, especially really deep red on the vine, they are so yummy. Hope you have a good day today x

I don't really eat normal fruit, just frozen! It lasts as long as I need it to as well!! My favourites are the Blackcurrants and cherries! Yum yum :)
I would have loved some of that curd tart as I love Bettys cakes but I must think of the scales! That and I am having another curry on Saturday night so that can be my treat!

Yes I love tomatoes too they are so yummy!!!! Hope that you're ok! I am ok but so tired, the weekend cannot come soon enough *yawn* and neither can pay day....

Ruth
X

Thursday 21st April

Breakfast
Peach Slices
Toffee Mullerlight
Black Coffee

Lunch:
50g Avocado (5)
Sweetcorn
Mixed salad vegetables
2x boiled eggs
2x Alpen Light Cherry Bakewells (HEB)
Orange & Lotus Flower Green Tea

Dinner:
Chicken Breast
Garlic Parsley
Fried Egg
HEA Reduced Fat Cheddar
Sweetcorn
Frozen mixed Veg
1 tbsp Hellmanns Light Mayo (2)
Frozen Raspberries
1 tsp Hazelnut Spread (1.5)
1/2 tbsp Olive Oil (3)

=11.5 Syns

Ruth
X

Debating whether to either gym it in my lunch hour, or gym it after work... Just need to do a bit of spinning as my knees are sore and it's the only thing that helps.
Still on my own tonight! Still pondering about the meal... Pretty sure I'm going to do a concoction of fish and chips though. Need to do a bit of an Asda shop before I go though, which is why I am quite keen to go to the gym in my lunch break because I probably won't want to go after work!!

Oh well, the sun is shining and it's Friday!!!!! :D

Ruth
X

I would err on the side of caution and go at lunch too, if you can. I know personally I would talk myself out of it after work if i also had to do some shopping. But im a lazy ol' thing. :D

Have a great day!

I am very glad I went at lunch now- I was so tired by the end of the day that I certainly wouldn't have managed it...
It also turned out that I wasn't home alone as my OH's friend was ill, thus no Asda, no fish and Indiana Jones and a meal for Two!

Hope that you had a good day!

Ruth
x

Did you manage the gym today? Hope you've had a good day x

Hello!

Yes I did and I felt so much better afterwards- its amazing what some endorphins can do!
Lots of stretches tonight :)

Totally exhausted tonight and I didn't actually finish work until later than planned so I am actually pleased that I managed to go on my lunchbreak and not after work or I would have been totally past it, and it would probably have been really busy too!

I have had a lovely day thanks- I hope that you have too!!

Ruth
x

Friday 22nd April

Breakfast
Peanut and Caramel Mullerlight
Mandarin Segments
Coffee with HEA Milk Allowance

Lunch
2x Boiled Eggs
50g Avocado (5)
Cider Vinegar
Mixed Salad Leaves
Sweetcorn
Tomatoes
Spring Onion

Dinner: Chilli Chicken & Rice
Chicken Breast
Onion
Baked Beans
2x Peppers
Salt and Pepper
Red chillies
Garlic
1 Egg
Ginger
Soy Sauce
Cornflour (4)
Ketchup (0.5)
Hot Chilli Sauce (1)
White Boiled Rice
Frozen Raspberries
1 tsp Hazelnut Spread (1.5)

= 12 Syns

Ruth
x

Well, ANOTHER curry tomorrow!
My Grandad is 84 today, and tomorrow we are going to see him (he lives in Barnsley in South Yorkshire- where my Mum is from...)
then we are going to Holmfirth near Huddersfield to their Picturedrome to have a curry followed by seeing the Uk Foo Fighters tribute (they are great!) going there with my family and OH. The Uk Foo Fighters' lead singer is from Harrogate so its all good!
Going to go for my chicken tikka and boiled rice again tomorrow I think, and my diet coke of course... :rolleyes:

Ruth
x

Been to Asda, shopping all done and dusted and got 12 mullerlights for £3 which was fab! Lots of other bargains too :D

Time for brunch now.... Starving :)

Ruth
X

Brunch has only just happened, mainly because a rabbit appeared in our garden :( so we have only just found the owners after chasing it for ages!!! It was so old and cute too! Thank goodness it got sorted.
Anyway, this is my brunch alongside a black coffee and also a picture of last night's dinner!

Both very tasty.

A couple of hours relaxing now :)

Ruth
X
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I had such a lovely day! The band were immense, it was lovely to see my Grandad and have a lovely meal as well!

Here is a quick snapshot of me, my grandad and my younger brother... My brother doesn't see my grandad much so it was really lovely of him to see him too.

Ruth
X

image.jpeg

Saturday 23rd April

Brunch
2x Ham Slices
Eggs Poached x2
HEA Reduced Fat Cheddar
Mixed Salad Leaves
Baked Beans
HEB Olive Oil

Dinner
2x Diet Cokes
1x Poppadum (4)
350g Tandoori Chicken (9.5)
Boiled Rice
Raita (2)
Mango Chutney (2)
Lime Pickle (1.5)

= 19 Syns

4 Over (and a 1 off!)

Ruth
X

Good Morning!!
It has felt so nice to have a bit of a lie in :) although we did go to bed at 12:50am I am still one of those people who gets up at 06:45 every morning regardless :confused:

Looking forward to a bit of a chilled day today, hoping to use the slow cooker as we have got some stewing beef... I would say that we eat 80% chicken and the other 10% is made up of lamb and beef! So I'm going to see what we fancy doing with that. Bit low on the fresh veg front, as the OH is off to the grocers on Wednesday but got enough to keep us going!

Looking forward to weigh in tomorrow, once again I feel like I have had a good week with the exception of going over my Syns by 4 yesterday but I'm not going to beat myself up over it, because if you saw the amount of temptation I put up with on a daily basis from my OH then I'm sure that a poppadum as a treat isn't too bad :) yesterday when I made my brunch, I also made him scrambled eggs with 4 eggs, butter, mayonnaise, 2 large slices of bread and butter and then topped it with cheese under the grill. :eek::whip: Therefore, I'm sure that enjoying a poppadum is just fine :)

Also going to nip to the gym again in my lunch break tomorrow for a quick workout as the long car journey and standing at the gig last night has left me a bit stiff.

I was thinking about this forum last night. It doesn't just help me with weight loss and staying on track, it's like writing a blog too so all of my thoughts that I would normally whirr around my head until I was dizzy, I can actually dump somewhere.. I've been told before that if you need to get something off of your chest it often works to write it down, and I definitely feel better as a result

Ruth
X

image.jpeg Look what has arrived eeeek!
So exciting!

Putting it away now until I complete my four weeks. Definite present!!
2 weeks left and counting....

Ruth
X

Dinner!!! Going to bulk it out with some mixed veg!
Very yummy indeed. Recipe to follow...

Ruth
X
image.jpeg

This was tonight's dinner!

Beef Goulash! (Rosemary Conley)
It was so yummy and full of frozen veg! It was sat in the slow cooker for 5 hours and it tasted so fab! I had it with some more frozen veg!

Recipe- this serves 2/3 (I have a bit left to take to work tomorrow- my OH also has an extremely healthy appetite!)
2 large onions, peeled and roughly chopped
1.5lb or 675g lean stewing steak
2 carrots, diced (we put mixed frozen veg in)
1 tbsp plain flour
1 tbsp Cornflour (this was an addition as it wasn't thick enough for us)
1.5 tbsp paprika
1 pint beef stock
1 tbsp thyme
2 bay leaves
2 tbsp tomato purée
S&P
4 tbsp Fat Free Greek/Natural Yog

In a frying pan dry fry the onions until soft and then add the beef. Cook until browned. Season well, then add the veg and cook for 1 minute. Sprinkle with the flour and paprika and cook for a further minute. Gradually add the stock whilst stirring to prevent lumps. Add the thyme, bay leaves and tomato purée.
Add it to the slow cooker on medium for 4 hours, covered. For the final hour we uncovered it and set it to high. We also put 1 tbsp of Cornflour in but it's optional.
Just before serving, swirl the yogurt on top. Serve.
***if you have no slow cooker, after adding the purée, cover the casserole and put in a preheated oven (180 degrees/gas mark 4) for 2 hours or just until the meat is tender***

It's not often we use other people's recipes but we had stewing steak in the fridge and couldn't decide what to do with it, a brilliant decision!
3.5 Syns per recipe (if 2 are eating it!), 1.5 without the cornflour. Totally worth it!!
Can't wait to take the leftovers for lunch tomorrow....

Ruth
X
image.jpeg

Sunday 24th April

Brunch
2x Poached Eggs
2x Shredded Ham slices
1 tsp Hellmanns Light Mayo (1)
1 tsp English Mustard (0.5)
Mixed Salad Leaves
HEA Cheese Allowance
Frozen Raspberries with 1 tsp Hazelnut Spread (1.5)
2x Black Coffee

Dinner
Beef Goulash served with Mixed Veg (see above) (3.5)
HEB Olive Oil included
Frozen Cherries and Grapes with 1 tsp Hazelnut Spread (1.5)

=8 Syns

Ruth
X

Back