Extra Easy Days Trefoil's Trip To Target!

Hey! Looks like you had a great weekend :) And I love reading your food diary and positive thoughts, I agree that this forum helps a lot, getting your thoughts off your chest helps on a bad day and it motivates on a good day so it's a very balancing influence.
And I love goulash! I make mine very spicy, I use some syns for cornflour and toss the meat in a mix of smoked paprika, flour, salt and pepper, flash fry it in Frylight and then put in my slow cooker with lots of tomato passata, kidney beans, chopped peppers, onions and what not and lots of chili. yum.

Hey! Looks like you had a great weekend :) And I love reading your food diary and positive thoughts, I agree that this forum helps a lot, getting your thoughts off your chest helps on a bad day and it motivates on a good day so it's a very balancing influence.
And I love goulash! I make mine very spicy, I use some syns for cornflour and toss the meat in a mix of smoked paprika, flour, salt and pepper, flash fry it in Frylight and then put in my slow cooker with lots of tomato passata, kidney beans, chopped peppers, onions and what not and lots of chili. yum.

Hello :) I had a lovely weekend thank you very much! That recipe sounds very yummy indeed, will have to note that one down!
I hope that you have a fab day!!

Ruth
x

I went to weigh in and 3 1/2 off for me!
Over the moon!!!!
My mouth just dropped open when I stepped on the scales.

Consultant was away this week too, but she is back next week. They're opening up another group too so I'm hoping it will relieve the pressure. It's currently too busy to stay which isn't great!

Ruth
X

Breakfast and Lunch and Dinner today!
My lunch is in my trusty microwaveable lunch pot- the beef goulash!
Dinner- chicken and tomato enchiladas with reduced fat cheese, fat free Greek yogurt and 1 wholemeal wrap (beautiful)
Yum yum :)
Ruth
X
image.jpegimage.jpeg image.jpeg

Monday 25th April

Breakfast
Cherry Mullerlight
Black Coffee
Pineapple Pieces

Lunch
Beef Goulash
Mixed Vegetables

Dinner
Enchilada Chicken Lasagna (serves 2)
Meat Sauce:
Olive Oil (HEB- for chicken)
2 Chicken Breast Fillets
1 Onion, peeled and chopped
3 cloves garlic
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground coriander
2 red chillies
1 tin of chopped tomatoes
1 tin of baked beans- no sauce!
1 tsp sugar

White Sauce:
Fage 0% fat Greek Yogurt
HEA Reduced Fat Cheddar 40g (includes topping too)

2x Wholemeal Wraps- Asdas*

In a large frying pan, heat up the oil and cook the chicken until sealed. In a separate fan, dry fry the onions permanently stirring so that they do not stick.
Add the onions to the chicken and cook for a further two minutes. Add the garlic, cumin, cinnamon, ground coriander and the chillies. Cook for another minute and then add the beans, tomatoes and sugar. Bring to a bubble and allow to simmer whilst you make the white sauce.
Mix the greek yogurt and roughly 2/3rds of the cheese in a separate bowl.
Stack the two wraps on a chopping board and cut into equal sized wedges using a knife or a pizza cutter (6 wedges is fairly easy)
Spoon half of the meat sauce into a bowl and flatten out the main sauce into a deep pan. Place one of the wraps on top of the meat sauce. Then spread half of the white sauce on top of the tortilla wedges. Top with the remaining sauce from the bowl, then the second tortilla set and the rest of the white sauce. Keep the pan on the heat for five minutes until it starts to bubble.
Sprinkle with the 1/3 of the cheese and place under the grill for a couple of minutes.
Serve

*I don't eat bread or bread products if I can help it so I had less than 1/3 of the dinner, but more of the chicken and tomatoes etc! Therefore it worked out for roughly 1/3rd of the meal to be 6.5 Syns
Then I had my Cherries and Grapes with my Hazelnut Spread at 1.5 to round it off at 8!

Ruth
x

Last edited:
First of all...wow! Amazing loss, so so pleased for you. And you shouldn't be surprised, you did so well with your food and gym and all that, it's well deserved.

The pineapple looked like it was tinned? That would be part of your hexB wouldn't it, that's not free sadly. Just pointing it out, you may have counted it and I didn't notice.

Your dinner sounded super, I need to do more cooking.

First of all...wow! Amazing loss, so so pleased for you. And you shouldn't be surprised, you did so well with your food and gym and all that, it's well deserved.

The pineapple looked like it was tinned? That would be part of your hexB wouldn't it, that's not free sadly. Just pointing it out, you may have counted it and I didn't notice.

Your dinner sounded super, I need to do more cooking.

Hello!

Thank you very much that's very kind :)

In regards to the pineapple- oh no!!!! I didn't know that! I don't normally buy it, it doesn't often agree with me to be honest but I had half a tin this morning and half a tin yesterday morning (drained and washed with water)
Lesson learnt, oops! Thank you so much for that :(

To be honest, until I stopped working shifts I never really cooked and it's only in the last nine months or so I have got in to it- totally love it!!! I almost feel like a sense of achievement when I make something nice... My OH used to be a chef so he has always cooked, I have managed to sway him in the ways of SW haha!!

Hope that you're well!!

Ruth
x

Guess who has been invited out for a pub Sunday lunch with the in-laws...

Help!!! What am I going to eat!!

Already worried and it's Tuesday....

Ruth
x

Well I am so full!!
I had the last of the leftover Goulash for lunch at work which was nice but I will be glad to get back to my salads!!!
Got home to find out that my OH had been to the grocers and that the fridge looked like the picture below.
I was also on my own tonight so I had a lovely dinner! Cod pieces with a mixed salad including tomatoes and mushrooms cooked in frylight with homemade SW chips (I also added a HEAs worth of cheese and fat free Greek yogurt after the photo was taken) yum yum!
Going to get myself some cherries, grapes and hazelnut spread now!

Ruth
X
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Tuesday 26th April

Monday
Pineapple Pieces
Black Coffee
Caramel & Peanut Mullerlight

Lunch:
Beef Goulash
Mixed Veg
2x Cherry Bakewell Alpen Lights HEB

Dinner:
2x Cod Fillets
Salad leaves
Cherry tomatoes
Mushrooms fried in frylight
Cider Vinegar
SW Homemade Chips
Crushed Garlic
HEA Reduced Fat Cheddar
Fage 0% fat Greek Yogurt
Olive Oil 1 Tbsp = 6
Frozen Cherries and Grapes
1 tsp Hazelnut Spread = 1.5

= 7.5 Syns

Also went to the gym at lunch!

Ruth
X

Lunch for today!
Mixed leaves with cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, avocado (50g), 1 slice of shredded ham, cider vinegar, olives and 1 tsp English Mustard. There are also 2 boiled eggs out of view!
I am sort of lapping up this fruit and veg lark. The reason being that ever since I can remember up until sort of 9/12 months ago I couldn't eat the following:
-strawberries
-kiwi*
-pineapple*
-banana**
-avocado

I have one of the worst latex allergies in North Yorkshire (or had, should I say) coupled with Latex fruit allergy syndrome. I also struggled with rubber, accelerants, substitutes etc. Gradually I have pulled the fruits back into my diet. **i still can't eat bananas. *i ate a kiwi two months ago and I was ok (ish) and on the off chance I will eat a pineapple. Love feeling a bit more free. My consultant says I am growing out of it as I get older, and I managed to put elastic bands round my wrists for 5 minutes at my last visits (sounds silly I know) but it means I can expand my fruit and veg!
It's so nice to be able to make a big salad or a fruit salad and enjoy all of it!! I can't wait until I can eat a banana, that's the big one!

Ruth
X

image.jpeg

Just had the loveliest meal for dinner!
Sweet and sour chicken with rice. Also had raspberries and 1/2 tsp of hazelnut spread (the last of it!) not going to re buy it either!

Ruth
X
image.jpeg

Wednesday 27th April

Breakfast
Mandarin Segments
Coffee
Smooth Toffee Mullerlight

Lunch
50g Avocado (5)
Mushrooms
Mixed Salad Leaves
Cherry Tomatoes
1 Slice of shredded ham
Handful of olives (1)
1 tsp English Mustard (1/2)
Cider Vinegar
2x Boiled Eggs

Dinner
Sweet and Sour Chicken and Rice
Recipe (serves 2):
Marinade
Soy Sauce
2 tbsp Cornflour
Chicken Breasts
1/2 tbsp Sugar
1 tsp Salt

Sauce
4 tbsp Tomato Ketchup
2 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
1/3 tsp Salt
2 tbsp Caster Sugar
4 tbsp water
1 dessert spoon soy sauce
1 dessert spoon HP Sauce
2 tbsp Olive Oil
Chopped Garlic- 1 dessert spoon
1 Onion- chopped
1 tsp salt

Syns per serving = 7.5. This was quite high. Mainly because the sauce is supposed to serve 3/4 and my OH didn't see this until afterwards. However there wasn't a lot of sauce left actually! Then I had around 1/3 tsp of Hazelnut Spread (what was left in the jar) for 1/2 a syn. Total is 14.5 for the day- the highest in a while!!!!

Ruth
X

In regards to my breakfasts:

I eat tinned fruit but I drain them and wash them with water before I serve them. I always have a yogurt with them. I normally feel sick most mornings due to my medication and I don't eat cereal or bread as my body struggles to process it. Does this mean that I need to syn/HEB all of them?! I am so gutted after the other day with the pineapple (although to be honest I won't be eating it again in a hurry as it made me incredibly unwell) but majorly struggle with easy breakfast ideas, particularly ones that don't make me unwell and I thought I had cracked it with the fruit!

Ideas would be great! I do eat a lot of eggs at the weekend for breakfast and for lunch in the week too.

Ruth
X

I'm here to follow your diary Hun. I just discovered a new breakfast idea that makes my daughter eat veg and I like them too. Whatever veg, mushroom, peppers, perhaps some ham and spinach all chopped up. Throw in some eggs and whisk together. Then poor into a silicon cupcake tray and oven cook until done. Then it makes mini quiches. I put cheese on my daughters.

You can make some up and put them in fridge.

I'm here to follow your diary Hun. I just discovered a new breakfast idea that makes my daughter eat veg and I like them too. Whatever veg, mushroom, peppers, perhaps some ham and spinach all chopped up. Throw in some eggs and whisk together. Then poor into a silicon cupcake tray and oven cook until done. Then it makes mini quiches. I put cheese on my daughters.

You can make some up and put them in fridge.

Hello and welcome!!

I hope that you're well- how are things going with the plan?

Oooo those sound lovely! I will definitely have to give those a try! Thank you for the tip!

Ruth
x

Work is interesting at the minute- Not SW related but I'm gonna go for it anyway as it bothers me a bit.

I work in the Financial Sector, alongside an Insolvency Practitioner.
Anyway, I have worked really hard through a difficult time and they gave me a small bonus yesterday, I am so pleased, but they have messed me around a fair bit since I have started.

I have been here since the 13th January, when I started, the company was Insolvent, and they hired me knowing full well it was. They trade under 5 different names (I was unaware of this) and the main one was majorly insolvent, and had criminal proceedings lodged against it, but my contract was named under one of the smaller ones. Anyway, 6 weeks after starting. 3/4 of the staff got made redundant, but they kept me. I got told to sit tight and that everything would ok. So I did.
Then around two weeks later I got told that my number was up and that I would be made redundant at the end of March. So I started looking for jobs. I made appointments at the Citizens Advice Bureau and the Job Centre, covered all bases.
Our phones were cut off, we got nasty phonecalls, the lot. It was awful. We reduced from 30 staff to 2 (inc me) with my MD and 1 manager.
I went to interviews (still waiting on the outcome of a few as I have been told they're making their mind up), we should have been bought 3 times, and its fallen through 3 times.
The end of March came and went, and I was still here...
Last week my manager told me I couldn't attend any more interviews and the only reason that I should leave would be if I was unhappy, as the company is now doing well. We weren't kept up to speed with anything during this time although I did ask for updates as my partner is classed as disabled and I bring the majority of the funds into our household so if I had to leave I needed to know ASAP.
Even though the company is doing well, the court proceedings against part of the company are coming up later this year (against an old MD that committed Fraud on a huge scale) and my MD may also get dragged into it, this part of the company is 80% likely to be force closed after this.

I have 1 interview tomorrow morning at 8am with the local hospital and one on Tuesday at 9:30am which I have managed to get away with (my work are unaware)
If I get one of these, both of which are good jobs, will offer me a good pension and security for me and my partner- I have to think long term, I am worried that they will take the bonus off me.
I am not in a targeted post, it was just because I excelled myself and created a lot of money for the company which basically saved a large amount of it and managed to keep it ticking!

Sorry to put this on here but I am totally torn and don't know what to think at all.
I left a good and secure job to come into this one in January so do feel let down, but am very grateful for the money I got given.

One of the jobs I have a lot of experience in, and they have already told me how impressed they are with my CV, I just don't have a lot of people or places to go to for advice!
Anything would be appreciated. Sorry this is so long winded and probably TMI.

Thanks

Ruth
x

Once given, they cannot take the bonus back. And tbh, with the dreadful deceit going on and way youve been treated, theyve not got a leg to stand on. The employment tribunal would tear them apart. They also cannot dictate to you whether or not you go to an interview!

I really do not meAn this in a patronizing way, but are you quite young? Like, under 30? Sounds to me a lot like theyre taking advantage of you!! xxxx Do not be intimidated!

Once given, they cannot take the bonus back. And tbh, with the dreadful deceit going on and way youve been treated, theyve not got a leg to stand on. The employment tribunal would tear them apart. They also cannot dictate to you whether or not you go to an interview!

I really do not meAn this in a patronizing way, but are you quite young? Like, under 30? Sounds to me a lot like theyre taking advantage of you!! xxxx Do not be intimidated!

Hi Beelishy,

Thanks for the advice, yes I am 25 and haven't had many jobs- although I worked in Hospitality for 7 years and got up to Area Manager standard so this is totally different for me!
I am trying not to be intimidated at all- just trying to get on with things the best I can but it's all so dodgy :/
They've also told us that if we leave then the company will fold, the standard guilt trip routine. Not buying that though!!

Ive got a missed call and a voicemail just now from a job that I would really like so Im hoping that it's good news...

Just hoping that I get my holiday pay etc when it does come to me leaving.
I've never worked for a company like it!!!

Ruth
x

Oh Honey. RUN FOR THE HILLS!. What theyre doing is so illegal and immoral on SO many levels. I would get out as soon as you possibly can. Theyre using your youth and lack of "life experience" (meaning you havent had enough time to come across people quite as dodgy as that yet...until now!) to their advantage and trying to guilt/scare you into staying and doing as they wish. Shocking! I know, because Ive had similar experience with older employers taking the mick because I was young and a bit naive. Its really crap. Im only 37 my self but Ive learned tobe cautious.... not be cynical but just wary and to not take everything at face value. And always lookout for yourself and what you (and OH) need first and foremost - which is a stable, secure, non-dodgy income! lol. xx

The best thing you can do is to read up on your rights as an employee. Definitely. And better yet...leave as SOON as you can.

I really really hope you get good news about that job. Please let us know. xx

Back