Extra Easy Days Trefoil's Trip To Target!

Dinner! Chicken Nuggets with Stir Fried Vegetables. Serves 2

These should have been coated in breadcrumbs but instead were coated in oats (suitable as my HEXB) so I'm going to see how I go with those. I didn't eat the full plate I've shown, about 2/3rds. They were chicken breasts, cubed, coated in egg, rolled in oats and oven cooked for 40 minutes on 120c.
The sauce was made from 4 tbsp Honey, 2 tbsp Sriracha Hot Chilli Sauce, Crushed Garlic and 4 tbsp Soy Sauce and ginger which was heated on the hob.
The veg was left over from yesterday and consisted of red pepper, baby corn, sugar snap peas, mangetout, onion, garlic, chillies and green beans dry fried with soy sauce and five spice.

Honey = 5 Syns
Sriracha Sauce = 0.5 Syns
Use of HEXB

Ruth
X
image.jpeg

Saturday 07th May

Brunch
Peach Slices
Iceberg Lettuce
Mushrooms
Tomatoes
Cider Vinegar
Ham Slices
2x Eggs
HEA Reduced Fat Cheddar
Fage 0% Fat Greek Yogurt
1 tsp English Mustard (1)
Slimline Tonic Water with a Hint of Lime

Dinner
Chicken Nuggets with Oats and Stir Fried Veg
(5.5) + HEB for Oats
Blackcurrants, cherries, grapes and blackberries
1 tsp Hazelnut Spread (1.5)

= 8 Syns

Might have to try the chicken nuggets hun :)

Might have to try the chicken nuggets hun :)

They were very nice indeed and you certainly didn't know that you were eating oats on chicken! It was so nice! My OH made the sauce and when I asked him what was in it and he said 4 tbsp of honey I could have mullered him... Definitely wouldn't put that much in again! It was a very nice meal though and filled you up!
I would recommend it to anyone- particularly for a Saturday night with a film like we did!

Hope that you're having a lovely weekend!

Ruth
X

Just been thinking that if I can do the oats (however I struggle with things like ready brek haha!) these were proper rolled oats then I would be able to make the overnight and baked oats. Perfect breakfast options!
I felt totally fine last night although I didn't eat a plateful in case I wasn't. I haven't been able to eat porridge for a few years but I am sure I can hopefully wean myself back onto it, need something filling to try and get my HEB into!

Ruth
X

We are having a lovely weekend Thank you hun out in the garden mostly :)

I am currently cooking baked oats :)

xxxx

We are having a lovely weekend Thank you hun out in the garden mostly :)

I am currently cooking baked oats :)

xxxx

Enjoy being out in the garden and also your baked oats! All sounds fab to me!

Ruth
X

Brunch:
1 egg left in the house, been told I'm not allowed to use it and will get more supplies when OH has been shopping on Wednesday so I made an egg free and yummy breakfast:
Mushrooms and garlic dry fried with baked beans, cheese and tomatoes with fat free Greek yogurt and 1 tsp of English mustard on the side. Simple, filling and yummy!
Now it's time for a walk in this lovely sunshine!

Ruth
X
image.jpeg

Oh and a NSV

I went charity shop shopping yesterday and picked up a lovely black pleated dress with a mint coloured hem. Couldn't try it on so tried it on this morning. Same issue as normal, a bit too small on the top and flattened my bust into pancakes so I put it in the progression section of my wardrobe (sorry if TMI but I am weirdly misshapen and struggle with clothes shopping!) took the charity shop label off, size 16 etc, underneath on the original label it's a uk size 12.... I am gobsmacked. It fits me perfectly from my waist down. Happy doesn't cut it!
2nd- lovely H&M size 16 dress from same charity shop (skater type, A line) that I bought for summer I can fit into which was totally unexpected! A little snug around the centre but I will get that sorted, still I know how funny H&M sizes can be so I am made up, particularly as I normally can't get my arm into one of their dresses- particularly a size 16!
Just wish that this top half would shift a bit. I have around 15 dresses that my back is too broad for... Ugh!
Here is a pic of mustard dress, I also have new glasses too!

Ruth
X
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Last edited:
Yay for NSV You look lovely hun xxxx

And then I decided to make potato salad:
5 tbsp Fage 0% fat Greek yogurt
4 tbsp Hellmanns Light Mayo (8)
1 tsp English Mustard (1/2)
2 tbsp Wholegrain Mustard (1)
3 Spring onions
1 Hard Boiled Egg
2 Shredded Ham Slices
2 lbs of potatoes, washed, quartered, boiled and cooled.
Basil
S&P

Mix yogurt, mayo, mustards, S&P and basil. Then add the other bits and refrigerate for at least 30 mins before eating.
This is for me for work for a few days!
9.5 Syns in the bowl. This is supposed to make six servings (however the ham should have been bacon and there should have been two more eggs...) so I will see how I go.
Either way I had a quick taste and it's yummy!!!
The original recipe was heavy on the lighter than light mayo but I really don't like it haha!!

Ruth
X
image.jpeg

Sunday 8th May

Brunch
Baked Beans
Mushrooms
HEA Reduced Fat Cheddar
Plum Tomatoes
Garlic
0% Fage Greek Yogurt
English Mustard 1 tsp (1/2)

Dinner:
Slow cooked Lamb Rajasthani Curry:
Cinnamon
Lamb Pieces (fat removed)
White Onion
4 cloves Garlic
Ground Coriander
Salt
Cayenne Pepper
Paprika
Ginger- Grated
10x Cardamom Pods
6x Cloves
1 tbsp Water
Curried Cauliflower- dry fried with Cumin Seeds and Turmeric
Frozen Raspberries
2 tsp Hazelnut Spread (3)

= 3.5 Syns

Ruth
X

image.jpeg

Its Been a lovely day here... We have just finished a family BBQ :) that Pot salad would have gone with it perfectly :) xxxx

Its Been a lovely day here... We have just finished a family BBQ :) that Pot salad would have gone with it perfectly :) xxxx

Oh how lovely I do love a good BBQ! I hope that you enjoyed it!! Plenty of chance with a BBQ to get lots of free and Superfree in your diet!

Ruth
X

Just going to pop this on here as I have an update on the elbow situation.
When I saw my doctor, he said to have my bloods done on the Wednesday and that the results would be back on Monday and if anything changed at all then I needed to come back immediately.
Well, I kept as much of an eye on it as I could (I can't see it very well if I look down my arm!) but woke up in excruciating pain in my forearm on Friday night and the bruising surrounding the area had got much bigger.
So, after much debating I rang 111 on Saturday and they got me in with out of hours an hour later. When I went down, the doctor (around retirement age) was amazing. He found my blood results which were in (and fine!!!) had a look at my neck, shoulder, arm and elbow and explained that from him feeling it, it's a benign growth caused by a trauma that is sat on my radial nerve, therefore causing pain in my arm, hand and shoulder and numbness in my hand and fingers as the growth is pressing on it.
He believes that it may have been there for a few years but that I may have knocked it or walked into something which has caused it to bruise and it has swelled further, needs an ultrasound doing on it and removing.
He then asked me how I thought I had done it. I fell over in a main road just over 2 years ago and the initial thought was that I had broken my wrist, but I hadn't. That's the only major injury relating to my forearm. However I also told him that I believe I knew when I knocked it.
My OH has Grand Mal Epilepsy (due to a brain injury after falling down some concrete stairs when he was 21) and he had 3 seizures in a row in mid February whilst in the shower. In order to make him and the area safe, I had to partially restrain him, and I got thrown arm and elbow first into a wall....
Therefore, a quick call to my GP tomorrow and I hope that all gets sorted.

Feel a lot better, providing that the gentleman is right! Anyway, sleep time!

Ruth
X

Weigh day today!
No gym time for me either during my lunch break although I went Saturday morning and ended up with a nasty blister on the bottom of my right foot which is really sore.
* week is looming and whilst I am still 100% on it, I feel a bit icky, bloated and lethargic.
From Wednesday/Thursday I am going to trial using Oats as my HEB to be used in both overnight oats and baked oats, got a few Alpen lights to get rid of first though!
Will report back later!

Ruth
X

Hey! Slow catch up here, first of all, food looking great as always. I can't always be bothered to record mine, I should do it more to help me stay on the straight and narrow!

Sorry to hear you've been poorly and in a lot of pain by the sounds of it! I hope it can be sorted soon. And I hope your weigh in goes well tonight! :) x

Glad the Dr has sorted out whats wrong with your arm hun xxxx

Good luck with your WI hun, hope you have had a good day hun?

xxxx

Hey! Slow catch up here, first of all, food looking great as always. I can't always be bothered to record mine, I should do it more to help me stay on the straight and narrow!

Sorry to hear you've been poorly and in a lot of pain by the sounds of it! I hope it can be sorted soon. And I hope your weigh in goes well tonight! :) x

Hello :) Thank you! I have to put my food here or I can't cope! I hope that you're well!
Thank you for the well wishes regarding my health, it is getting sorted slowly but surely!
Will nip onto your diary later on! Good luck for weigh in!

Ruth
X

Back