Extra Easy Days Trefoil's Trip To Target!

Oh gosh I will avoid Asda then haha!
Had a nice day yesterday but it wasn't very on plan! Went to the cinema which was a nice bit of escapism though :)
Anything nice planned this weekend? X

That sounds lovely!! Erm I'm going to see my grandad which will be lovely and then just chilling out on Sunday!! Are you doing anything nice??

Ruth
X

Sorry if I'm really quiet!
I'm really busy, but on plan although I'm starting to get complacent which is really bad as I'm so close!!!
Kick up the bum needed! I've had a couple of glasses of prosecco tonight which was lovely and needed :)

It's just with work and getting to that time of year with all of that yummy food!!

Ruth
X

Hi Ruth, I know how it feels, I've been super busy as well, party food has been appearing all round the office and I've been helping myself. Late hours at work, new estate agent for selling Iyar house so we have had loads more house viewings , been cycling when the weather hasn't been awful (50 cold miles so far this week) , Saturday got to go to Gloucester to pick son up to takehim to Wales trials on Sunday.....I'm taking Monday off. Food in general has been ok, but whereas I was definitely feeling I was in target range I now know I'm slipping, not much but it's happening. When you have that kick up the bum can you pass it to me?

So... porridge and honey this morning!
I left my lunch at home by accident yesterday! So here are my eggs! Off to see my grandad so I thought I would take them in the car.
I am having lunch out with my parents, hopefully I will be able to choose wisely!
IMG_3658.JPG
Last night I made a chicken, sun-dried tomato and olive pasta dish which was lovely although it didn't have enough speed foods in- I made it with a teaspoon of gluten free cornflour and water and a tablespoon of gluten free flour and milk to make the 'roux' it was so yummy and it makes me realise what I can do and tweak to achieve good meals. Unfortunately me being me ate it all before I got a picture (oops)
As I mentioned I left my lunch at home so nipped up to the only cafe on the industrial estate where I work and got a jacket potato with cheese, beans and (lovely!!) homemade coleslaw. Not horrendous and not good...
Just getting ready now before I nip up to our local coffee shop to meet my mum and dad, have a quick coffee and set off!
Have a fab day :)

Ruth
X

Hi Ruth, I know how it feels, I've been super busy as well, party food has been appearing all round the office and I've been helping myself. Late hours at work, new estate agent for selling Iyar house so we have had loads more house viewings , been cycling when the weather hasn't been awful (50 cold miles so far this week) , Saturday got to go to Gloucester to pick son up to takehim to Wales trials on Sunday.....I'm taking Monday off. Food in general has been ok, but whereas I was definitely feeling I was in target range I now know I'm slipping, not much but it's happening. When you have that kick up the bum can you pass it to me?

It's the same here @Quins my director bought us mince pies (thank goodness I don't like them!), another director did us homemade samosas and pakoras and spring rolls (I don't eat pastry thank goodness!) and there's Terry's Chocolate Oranges Everywhere!!!!!!! :eek: I too am over my hours at work and the trains seem to be permanently late. Tired with the dark mornings, I don't like to have hot lunches/soups etc and my salads aren't cutting it :( roll on summer, when it's quieter, nicer mornings and salads are in adundance. Hope that things settle down for you, and that you enjoy your day off. Also have a lovely weekend, hope that the estate agents and viewings aren't too stressful :/

Ruth
X

This was my lunch. We went out to Rob Royds Farm Shop in Worsbrough in Barnsley. This is Cajun chicken with Sour cream in GF mini baguettes with homemade coleslaw and actifry chips. Yum. That's the closest I have got to a proper 'burger' style thing in ages.
IMG_3662.JPG
On the way there I had my boiled eggs and my dad also gave me an apple.
This is my dinner!
IMG_3665.JPG
IMG_3666.JPG
One pot Mexican chicken and rice.
3 boneless and skinless chicken thighs
Cumin, cayenne pepper, s&p, garlic powder mixed up.
Then take 1/2 of the rub out and add a spray of frylight and 1/2 tsp water alongside the juice of a lime and coat the chicken in it. Fry in a skillet with frylight for 2 minutes on both sides or until cooked through.
Remove from the pan but keep the juices! Add 1 red onion sliced and diced along with 1 crushed garlic clove and 2 sliced peppers to the same pan. Fry until the peppers and onion begin to soften. Add 1/2 a chicken stockcube with 200ml water, 1/2 tin of chopped tomatoes, 1 tin of washed baked beans, 1/4 tin of sweetcorn, enough rice for 2 people and the rest of the spice rub. Stir carefully on a medium heat until it gently begins to boil. Place the chicken pieces back on top so that they are mainly submerged but can still be seen.
Put in the oven for 20-25 on 200 degrees Celsius covered in foil. Take out and remove foil, put back in the oven for 10-15 minutes and serve with jalapeños and 0% Fat Greek yogurt.

It is to die for... and Syn free :eek:

Ruth
X

Oh that chicken sounds absolutely lovely.. I think I could eat it now! haven't bought chicken thighs for ages, I really must get to the farm shop- the skinless boneless ones are brilliant for SW.
Love your pic :) hope you had a nice visit! I went out last night, had a few glasses of wine and a really good catch up with friends and today we're heading over to Barnsley too! OH mum isn't very well so we're going for a visit and see how she's getting on.
Wish I'd got something out of the freezer for tea but my disorganisation seems to be setting in again :-/
Hope you have a nice chilled day today x

Oh that chicken sounds absolutely lovely.. I think I could eat it now! haven't bought chicken thighs for ages, I really must get to the farm shop- the skinless boneless ones are brilliant for SW.
Love your pic :) hope you had a nice visit! I went out last night, had a few glasses of wine and a really good catch up with friends and today we're heading over to Barnsley too! OH mum isn't very well so we're going for a visit and see how she's getting on.
Wish I'd got something out of the freezer for tea but my disorganisation seems to be setting in again :-/
Hope you have a nice chilled day today x

It was very lovely indeed @Poppet12 one to keep on the list definitely!!!
Hope you had a lovely time with your friends and and that your OHs mum is a bit better. I know what you mean about feeling disorganised- maybe this time of year??
Hope you had a good one yesterday :)

Ruth
X

Hi Ruth,
I hope you don't mind me popping in to say hi :)
I too was a hotel manager and have it up 15 years ago. I now work in an office. So much easier but miss the challenges. Lol
Your food looks amazing and very inspiring. Xx

Hello @Still slimming Suzy thank you for popping in! I totally agree with you regarding the challenges but it is tonnes easier- hope you've had a lovely weekend! To be honest I've slacked a bit with the cooking recently and let my OH do it all haha ;)

Ruth
X

So yesterday, we went walking and nipped into spoons for food, had my standard chicken and pepper skewers without the dressing and 2 coffees which was lovely. (7)
Then came home and grazed for the afternoon before OH went out with his mates. Had this for my dinner
IMG_3675.JPG
4x BBQ chicken fillets (1/2 each) with stir fry veg and hot sauce (2). Then had an apple crumble muller light, as recommended by my mum. Have to say I'm not sure!!!
Stomach really growly all night which was really annoying but hey ho, still majorly struggling with lunches due to my dislike of anything hot/warm and my realisation that if I make speed soups they don't agree with me anyway :(
This is today, keeping it plain.
Porridge HEXB 40g with 1 tsp Honey (1), tea with dash milk and the left over stir fry veg.
Need to have a think. No idea for scale results due to prosecco and chocolate orange fiasco but a sts would be nice... maybe I should have a chat with my consultant!

Ruth
X

Why is it that I write everywhere else but here!!!
I put on 1lb last night, whilst I was not surprised, when 11.13 flashed up I got a bit of a wake up call and had a chat with my group and consultant for some lunches and foods to see me through to target.
So, 6lbs to target with 4 weigh ins to Christmas.
Doable, I hope...

Breakfast:
Mushroom and Red Pepper 2 Egg Omelette
Tea with Dash Milk
IMG_3686.JPG

Lunch:
Rice with Oregano and Lemon Juice, topped with red pepper, cucumber, prawns and 45g of Avocado (4.5)
IMG_3687.JPG

Dinner is a TBC

Ruth
X

Ah annoying about the gain Ruth, but 6lbs in 4 weeks is doable for you with your loss record!
Did you get any good advice from group/consultant?
It's quite hard thinking of lunch ideas at the best of times and something I know I struggle with. It tends to be where I fall for sure.
I'm trying to have leftovers for lunch where possible, but it's usually something hot which I know you're not so keen on, but maybe if you do something like chicken & roasted veg for tea you could have some cold in a salad the next day?
I seem to be just maintaining at the moment which I'm ok with, but don't want to let things slip. When the scales start going up it gets a bit scary, especially if you know you're not particularly off plan. But sometimes we know it's just a few tweaks to put things right again.
Sorry for the ramble! Hope it makes some sense/helps a bit.
Have a great day x

Weigh in tomorrow maintained for the last two weeks, very frustrating doing 5 exercise classes per week, lovely pic Ruth of you and your Granddad xx

Ah annoying about the gain Ruth, but 6lbs in 4 weeks is doable for you with your loss record!
Did you get any good advice from group/consultant?
It's quite hard thinking of lunch ideas at the best of times and something I know I struggle with. It tends to be where I fall for sure.
I'm trying to have leftovers for lunch where possible, but it's usually something hot which I know you're not so keen on, but maybe if you do something like chicken & roasted veg for tea you could have some cold in a salad the next day?
I seem to be just maintaining at the moment which I'm ok with, but don't want to let things slip. When the scales start going up it gets a bit scary, especially if you know you're not particularly off plan. But sometimes we know it's just a few tweaks to put things right again.
Sorry for the ramble! Hope it makes some sense/helps a bit.
Have a great day x

I haven't been eating enough @Poppet12 :( I got fed up of my salads and then got into a rut or got bored and would skip altogether so would end up basically vaccumming up my dinner because I was so hungry. So have been tired and not with it.
I am so glad I managed to stay this week, I got all sorts of ideas such as pasta and rice salad, quiche, quinoa and spelt. Just trying not to make things too hard and get myself into the situation where I start eating stuff that I don't like which was the road that I was going down!
My consultant also told me to mix my breakfasts up if I could so I am trying that too.
The chicken and veg cold the next day sounds lovely! I like cold leftover foods so I will definitely give that a go!
I haven't had a 'double gain' before so it was a bit odd, I was hoping to maintain or to be able to hold it but it just shows that I still need my group and a lot of support. I think you're doing really well, you have an active and busy life and social life, and to maintain is an amazing effort. You should be really proud.
Thank you for the lovely ramble, it has definitely helped :) hope you've had a fab day!

Ruth
X

Weigh in tomorrow maintained for the last two weeks, very frustrating doing 5 exercise classes per week, lovely pic Ruth of you and your Granddad xx

Hope you break the cycle of maintaining @boofle good luck!! Thank you for the kind words :) keep at the exercise that's amazing!!

Ruth
X

Dinner!
Pasta with smoked bacon medallions, olives (1), capers, garlic, jalapeños, mushrooms and 0% Fat Greek yogurt. Yum.
IMG_3693.JPG
Then for pudding...
Persimmon fruit and Mango and Melon Mullerlight
Twirl Multipack (9)
IMG_3694.JPG

=14.5/15

Ruth
X

that recipe for the Mexican chicken sounds lovely I am going to have to try it! sorry about the gain! but you will get it off again and 6 pounds is doable in 4 weeks good luck

Back