Extra Easy Days Trefoil's Trip To Target!

that recipe for the Mexican chicken sounds lovely I am going to have to try it! sorry about the gain! but you will get it off again and 6 pounds is doable in 4 weeks good luck

It is gorgeous @Timeforchange6 i really recommend it-can't wait to have it again actually!!! Yes I am determined to get the gain off and get to target- thank you for the well wishes. Hope you're ok too?

Ruth
X

Today:
Morello Cherry Overnight Oats- Frozen Morello Cherries, 0% Fage Greek Yogurt and 40g Oats. I had to mix these together as the yogurt is strained which is why they look a mess- if id have used regular yogurt, I wouldn't have needed to as it's much thinner! (HEXB). Tea with splash milk
IMG_3695.JPG
That was so nice, it was like eating sourish marzipan if that makes sense. Definitely a firm favourite.

Lunch:
Rice Salad with Lemon Juice and Oregano, Prawns, 1/2 Avocado (4.5), Sweetcorn and Cucumber.
IMG_3696.JPG

Dinner is TBC

Ruth
X

I am good! bit nervous for weigh in tomorrow! I did not track syns over the weekend and I was not crazy or anything tracked in my head but I know if I go over even by 2 or 3 at the end of the week I am up and we have a busy weekend with loads on and food that will be out of my control so I am worried about that!
I had the same breakfast this morning really enjoyed it as well and even better I did not add any sweeteners I used frozen fruit and enjoyed the bittersweet flavour of the berries

I haven't been eating enough @Poppet12 :( I got fed up of my salads and then got into a rut or got bored and would skip altogether so would end up basically vaccumming up my dinner because I was so hungry. So have been tired and not with it.
I am so glad I managed to stay this week, I got all sorts of ideas such as pasta and rice salad, quiche, quinoa and spelt. Just trying not to make things too hard and get myself into the situation where I start eating stuff that I don't like which was the road that I was going down!
My consultant also told me to mix my breakfasts up if I could so I am trying that too.
The chicken and veg cold the next day sounds lovely! I like cold leftover foods so I will definitely give that a go!
I haven't had a 'double gain' before so it was a bit odd, I was hoping to maintain or to be able to hold it but it just shows that I still need my group and a lot of support. I think you're doing really well, you have an active and busy life and social life, and to maintain is an amazing effort. You should be really proud.
Thank you for the lovely ramble, it has definitely helped :) hope you've had a fab day!

Ruth
X
It's no surprise really at how ill you have been & with the weather changing it makes food hard, adjusting to different habits. Hopefully with some of those excellent suggestions you will be back on track :) Quiche is great and you seem to love eggs!
I know what you mean about eating things you don't actually like! It can make you so miserable. I have this with broccoli. I don't actually like it at all but it's such an easy vegetable and OH likes it that we end up with it quite often!
Good luck with the lunches- keep us posted on what you're having. Mixing up breakfast is good too- I know some people swear by mixing up hexb's. Your overnight oats sound lovely. A bit colder than porridge but I suppose should keep you just as full :)
I think I could do more to help myself but since I've been maintaining at this weight I start to wonder if I really want to go any lower- surely if I did I'd be trying harder. I don't know. Maintaining is fine for now! Hope today has been a good one x

I am good! bit nervous for weigh in tomorrow! I did not track syns over the weekend and I was not crazy or anything tracked in my head but I know if I go over even by 2 or 3 at the end of the week I am up and we have a busy weekend with loads on and food that will be out of my control so I am worried about that!
I had the same breakfast this morning really enjoyed it as well and even better I did not add any sweeteners I used frozen fruit and enjoyed the bittersweet flavour of the berries

Well good luck for weigh in I am sure you will be just fine, we all need a bit of time off sometimes. Glad you enjoyed your breakfast, I loved my Overnight Oats, definitely something that I'm going to keep up!
Good luck for tomorrow!

Ruth
X

It's no surprise really at how ill you have been & with the weather changing it makes food hard, adjusting to different habits. Hopefully with some of those excellent suggestions you will be back on track :) Quiche is great and you seem to love eggs!
I know what you mean about eating things you don't actually like! It can make you so miserable. I have this with broccoli. I don't actually like it at all but it's such an easy vegetable and OH likes it that we end up with it quite often!
Good luck with the lunches- keep us posted on what you're having. Mixing up breakfast is good too- I know some people swear by mixing up hexb's. Your overnight oats sound lovely. A bit colder than porridge but I suppose should keep you just as full :)
I think I could do more to help myself but since I've been maintaining at this weight I start to wonder if I really want to go any lower- surely if I did I'd be trying harder. I don't know. Maintaining is fine for now! Hope today has been a good one x

Yes I know I keep forgetting that I've been ill which is silly really- looking forward to making the quiche! We have a lot of frozen veg in the house because it's easy but I'm not the biggest fan of carrots but basically put up with them so I totally get how you feel, I've got to stop it as that's not the point!!
I'm loving all of this extra planning, I actually feel like I've started again which is very weird... thinking of my options for lunch tomorrow.. need some more Oats too! I know what you mean about maintaining, so you feel comfortable within yourself?

Ruth
X

Dinner:
5x Mini Kievs (7.5) homemade chips, hot and spicy baked beans and hot sauce (1)
IMG_3705.JPG
Puddings! That's right, I have 2...
Frozen cherries, defrosted. Persimmon fruit with 1x Skyr Mixed Berries Yogurt (1)
IMG_3706.JPG

14/15

Ruth
X

Today:
I must make more of an effort with presentation with my omelettes haha!
Yellow pepper and mushroom cold Omelette. Tea with a dash of milk
IMG_3707.JPG

Lunch:
This is actually what I had for dinner the other day, but I love it! Pasta, Bacon Medallions, capers, olives (1/2), jalapeños, mushrooms and 0% fat free yogurt
IMG_3708.JPG

Dinner tbc

Ruth
X

Lovely syn free dinner!
Chicken, cabbage and pea pilaf.
Chicken breast Pieces with peas, sliced cabbage, red chillies, rice, curry powder, garlic, ginger and soy sauce.
I also had some hot sauce (2)
IMG_3710.JPG
Then for afters, I had 2 sliced persimmon and a multipack twirl (9)
IMG_3713.JPG

11.5/15

Ruth
X

Oh and with my dinner there's leftovers for me tomorrow for lunch!

Ruth
X

Sounds like you are getting your mojo back Ruth! Good to hear :)
Ahh I know what you mean about carrots- I don't mind them at all when they're grated into things like spag bol, feel a bit 'meh' about them as a side and can't stand them raw! Also think there's always a funny taste and slightly soggy texture of a frozen carrot?!
Hmm I did feel comfortable with maintaining until the last couple of days- not sure if it's time of the month or if I've overdone the salt lately but definitely feel a bit bloated. Going to have a 'good' couple of days and see if it goes down :)
Your lunches look lovely- especially the carbonara type dish. I've read about quark with garlic, I think it would make a good one so I'll have to look out for it..
Hope you're enjoying the persimmon- I discovered them last year and they're delicious when perfectly ripe! X

Sounds like you are getting your mojo back Ruth! Good to hear :)
Ahh I know what you mean about carrots- I don't mind them at all when they're grated into things like spag bol, feel a bit 'meh' about them as a side and can't stand them raw! Also think there's always a funny taste and slightly soggy texture of a frozen carrot?!
Hmm I did feel comfortable with maintaining until the last couple of days- not sure if it's time of the month or if I've overdone the salt lately but definitely feel a bit bloated. Going to have a 'good' couple of days and see if it goes down :)
Your lunches look lovely- especially the carbonara type dish. I've read about quark with garlic, I think it would make a good one so I'll have to look out for it..
Hope you're enjoying the persimmon- I discovered them last year and they're delicious when perfectly ripe! X

I'm loving it @Poppet12 ! Feeling so much better thank goodness! Yes to the soggy frozen carrots eww! If you're feeling a bit heavier etc then maybe cut back for a few days, I think you have the right idea. We do all feel heavier at different times of the month!
Love my carbonara :) I do love quark but I've always got yogurt in the fridge so been using that! 79p for a pot of quark in my local asda! Yes the persimmon are lovely, 50p in asda!!!
Hope that you have a lovely day!'

Ruth
X

Today!
2 breakfasts as I am greedy ;)
Defrosted Cherries and 0% Fat yogurt. 2 eggs, mushrooms and 1/2 Avocado (4.5) tea and splash milk
IMG_3714.JPG
Lunch is left over from dinner yesterday with hot sauce (1)

For dinner, I am eating alone as OH is out so may have some fish! Will see...

Ruth
X

Dinner!
Smoked salmon, Prawns, 2 portobello mushrooms, cucumber, capers, olives (1/2) 0% Greek yogurt, hot sauce (1) Raspberries and Strawberry Skyr Yogurt (1) Cherries.
Piece of Toblerone to finish with a cup of tea! (6.5)
IMG_3716.JPG

14/15

Ruth
X

This was my lunch. We went out to Rob Royds Farm Shop in Worsbrough in Barnsley. This is Cajun chicken with Sour cream in GF mini baguettes with homemade coleslaw and actifry chips. Yum. That's the closest I have got to a proper 'burger' style thing in ages.
View attachment 184632
On the way there I had my boiled eggs and my dad also gave me an apple.
This is my dinner!
View attachment 184633
View attachment 184634
One pot Mexican chicken and rice.
3 boneless and skinless chicken thighs
Cumin, cayenne pepper, s&p, garlic powder mixed up.
Then take 1/2 of the rub out and add a spray of frylight and 1/2 tsp water alongside the juice of a lime and coat the chicken in it. Fry in a skillet with frylight for 2 minutes on both sides or until cooked through.
Remove from the pan but keep the juices! Add 1 red onion sliced and diced along with 1 crushed garlic clove and 2 sliced peppers to the same pan. Fry until the peppers and onion begin to soften. Add 1/2 a chicken stockcube with 200ml water, 1/2 tin of chopped tomatoes, 1 tin of washed baked beans, 1/4 tin of sweetcorn, enough rice for 2 people and the rest of the spice rub. Stir carefully on a medium heat until it gently begins to boil. Place the chicken pieces back on top so that they are mainly submerged but can still be seen.
Put in the oven for 20-25 on 200 degrees Celsius covered in foil. Take out and remove foil, put back in the oven for 10-15 minutes and serve with jalapeños and 0% Fat Greek yogurt.

It is to die for... and Syn free :eek:

Ruth
X

Ooo Ruth, your lunch looks devine! I think I'll give the Mexican one pot a try too now you've said it's to die for. Ah, bummer about your gain but you WILL reach your target for Christmas, I'm ab-sol-utely pos-it-ively sure of it X

Ooo Ruth, your lunch looks devine! I think I'll give the Mexican one pot a try too now you've said it's to die for. Ah, bummer about your gain but you WILL reach your target for Christmas, I'm ab-sol-utely pos-it-ively sure of it X

It is very lovely I do recommend it :) I am so bloomin determined to get to target for Christmas it's unreal. So I can enjoy it and not worry and feel rubbish about myself. Thank you for the kind words, and well done on your amazing loss!!! You must be so thrilled :)

Ruth
X

Back