Tried 1 day on the darkside (sw) and already having second thoughts

Wow Craig what an inspiration, congratulations on your weight loss. I've often wondered if a combination of the two would work too? I've really got into the ww zone and so happy to be back in control of my eating and getting good weight loss results. Best of luck to everyone with whatever diet/diets you choose x

Not sure if a couple of days on one and a couple of days on another would work, a week about might be more feasable that way youre getting into a routine and your body knows what to expect

Thanks all for your input its much appreciated :)

Do think its about finding the right diet for me at this moment in time and if I'm honest don't think its ww. The reason for this is that I'm changing back to it purposely so that I can binge on rubbish foods because they can be counted in the plan. Once I can get out of this mindset then I think ww would work for me again but at the moment I know I can just count the 'bad' foods so I do.

Plus as I have ocd I'm also finding that having to count eveything is making me slightly obessed with foods, how many points I got left etc. So for now I think I'm going to give sw a try long term as think its a better option for me at this moment in time. Wishing all you ww'ers the best and good luck with your journeys,

Dan x

wow craig u look amazin a big weldone!!

Hi hun!
At the start of this year i did SW for 4 months and lost 1 stone, i found with SW there was no portion control and for me that is bad that is why i am over weight because i eat too much.
i joined WW and have lost more weight in 12 weeks, i find WW works for me because i have to weigh things out and i point things up and i enjoy using my daily points and weekly points!
Some ladies i no on here and in my group do Simply filling, which u may like if u cant decide from the 2 so that might b worth looking into.
One of my friends has given up SW as she finds WW a more socialable diet but every body is different! i totally agree both diets work!
but it totally is about finding the diet thats right for u!

xxx

Hi Sammie,

I'm already thinking about switching back and its only been 1 day:( Think your on to something with the simply filling as can alternate days then without the confusion and I may actually get somewhere. For some unknown reason I always forget about simply filling. I like the flexibility of ww as I have a busy home life with children, job etc. On the other hand some days I just don't want to count absolutely everything and if I know I'm in the mood to binge on chocolate then a simply filling day is perfect.

Good luck on your journey,
Dan x

Hope you find the right answer for you Dan, I was in the same position a few months ago and then decided to give the old discovery system a go again and something clicked and I've stuck to it for five weeks 100% just hope Christmas doesn't knock me off track. Good luck with whatever you decide

Back