trifle question

loveablemonkey

hey! I've seen lots of posts about the trifle and was going to try it myself, as it looks delish, but then I had a thought - you're only allowed 1 mix a mousse per day! I know you're allowed 1 gelatine a day but surely that would be in replacement to mam, not in addition?

maybe people are making up half packs, but it sounded like people were making up a full pack as a mam and then a big jelly too. I'd love to try it but am worried about the allowances!

any thoughts?

Hi LM,

I think in all honesty that it would make very little difference in your weight loss. Studies show that low carb is key and a person loses as much on 800 cals as on 460 (your body becomes very efficient at 460 and your functions really slow down...like hair growth, etc.).

Shanny has been having two MAMs a day and has good losses, esp. since she is at a healthy BMI.

You can lose weight on an all eclair diet, as long as, you burn more calories than you consume. You wouldn't have proper nutrition, but what the hey!

The two a day might have something to do with the CD rule about 15 minutes, and not altering more than product a day (lest you affect the nutrients).

MM

Last edited:
ok thank you for your reply, I see your point!

I will give it a go then when I need an extra boost as a treat! :)

i was the one who posted my recipe for the chocolate trifle and i had it almost every day for 3 months last year and lost 49lbs in 3 months so it didnt affect my losses ( or my ketosis ) whatsoever.
i always used the tetras for the mousse topping because a) they make a smoother mousse and b) because they are ready made the 15 minute rule of consumption doesnt apply so i neednt be in such a rush to eat it.
the only warning i have ever given with the recipe i posted is that the trifle is a HUGE portion but is only one meal so u do need a good appetite :rolleyes:( not something ive ever had a problem with)

haha, I'm thrilled I have re-brought it to everyone's attention! It was a genius idea of yours and thanks for the tips!

Back