Triplestep's photo food diary

Tuesday 12th Feb

B: I made myself a poached egg, processed cheese and ham in a muffin. Breakfast tea with milk.
I also made a slice of soda bread with butter and marmalade, but after eating the muffin and tea I was full - feeling full doesn't happen much to me, lets hope I can continue the rest of the day without eating excessively :)

I propose savoury pancakes for lunch!

L: 1 savoury pancake with ham, mushroom, spinach and grated low fat cheddar, also a grilled tomato. Followed by another pancake 1 with lemon and sugar
redface.gif

D: (A weird mix) Spaghetti with wilted spinach, then topped with a chicken kiev.
S: Yakult and also an actimel!! ( I was quality controlling! I prefer the Yakult) Handful of kettle chips. Vanilla tea. Nettle tea.

My pancake before I folded it over.

ForumRunner_20130212_223243.png

I've eaten may too much cheese and dairy today! I shall try to not have much tomorrow.

B: Cheese on toast. Butter and marmite on toast. Breakfast tea with milk.
L: 3 turkey meat balls rolled in sesame seeds (I saw a pic of something like a meatball with sesame seeds, so I'd thought I would improvise) with noodles and veg in a broth.
D: Cauliflower/pasta topped with tomatoes and cheese
S: D-Coke, Apple crumble and custard. Frangipane biscuit/sponge. Breakfast tea with milk.

I didn't eat the whole tray of the bake :p

ForumRunner_20130213_234305.png

ForumRunner_20130213_234408.png

I'm not a Christian, but I think I should give up cheese for lent. I was just going to sleep and I thought back to what I ate and I have been eating a lot of cheese lately. My hubby just commented that there will be cheese strings coming out of my pores in the morning - that's just gross! :sign0137:

Last edited:
hahaha!! bless your OH!
i also have a thing about cheese i eat way too much of it :)
xxxx

Today's food consumption was bad. I feel fat!! I look fat! :( Healthy eaters stop reading now!!

B: Pastry and latte
L: Quarter pounder with cheese, medium fries, D-Coke
D: Ordered Chinese Spare ribs, then reheated my homemade chicken in black bean sauce, served with white rice.

After dinner....

Hubby brought me some valentine gifts - all food related. I told him after today, I'll be more mindful when eating treats. Took some photos as sentimental value more than anything - halved with hubby on the cupcake, as with the fudge brownie. Raspberry heart meringue we both crumbled onto ice cream!! Still 2/3rds of meringue left.

ForumRunner_20130214_230517.png

ForumRunner_20130214_230541.png

Need to do something about my weight!

I just spent time tallying up my breakfast calories and my average calories for breakfast is 440cals (didn't include the weekends) That's too high especially as I don't calorie count the rest of the day's meals (all which are bigger than average sized portions, so therefore will of course be higher in calorie content) If I iron out some of my bad habits I am sure my weight will stabilize. I'm going to try and tackle my breakfast and snacks habits first.

Action
Breakfasts should be under 300cals.
Change to skimmed milk instead of semi skimmed
No butter except on toast (only if nothing else is added)
No crisps after lunch time
No hard cheese for meals prepared at home
Limit hot chocolate drinks to 2 per week, and use skimmed milk and the other half hot water

The above can be applied as from right now.

I also realised I don't have any goals in a time frame to keep me focused. So I am going to put a time scale to lose my excess weight. I propose the 1st of May 2013 I'd like to weigh 160lbs.

triplestep thats great least you are aiming the right way

well done triplestep i think i may have to do my own goals too!
those valentines things are so cute too.
OH had made me a meal so i couldnt turn it down either!
xxxxx

Today there weren't so many downfalls :)

B: Half a multi-grain bagel topped with peanut butter and half a banana. Tea with skimmed milk
L: Turkey patty rolled in sesame (on the other half of the) bagel. Salsa made with red peppers, onion and chilli
D: Lamb chops, crushed new potatoes,veg and gravy. 2 glasses of red wine
S: 7 Almonds, Vanilla tea, Choco tea.

I brought some choco spice tea a while back and hubby brought some rooibos Vanilla tea. I wanted a chocolate fix, so I experimented using a bag from both and added some milk. Both teas should be zero in calories, not real hot chocolate but it did the job for today.

ForumRunner_20130215_231911.png

ForumRunner_20130215_231952.png

ForumRunner_20130215_232046.png

food is looking great hun, really good portion sizes and healthy options too :)
hope i follow in your footsteps today! xxxxx

Yesterday i did very well with the food. Out of curiosity i checked the calories and it was around 1680. Possibly the only day since Christmas it's been below 2000 calories!

I had quite a lot this morning; Spinach omlette on top of bacon on half a multiseed bagel with quark and half a grilled tomato. Breakfast tea with milk.

It should be counted as my lunch too, as off to see a matinee. I'm going to pack some fruit to take with me.

I had an okay two days of food (my standards are pretty low! :p)

Sat 16th Feb
B(runch) Omlette, bacon, half a bagel... see previous post.
D: Chicken Teriyaki with Japanese rice, salad. Japanese Ice tea (made from barley, has no sugar)
S: Half grapefruit, half an apple, 2 homemade almond biscuits, peppermint tea, 1 ham sandwich (1 slice of bread) with 2 Light Laughing cow triangles
Around 1,700cals

Sun 17th Feb
B(runch) Homemade Singapore rice noodles with chicken pieces and turkey mince, 3 prawn dim sum. Jasmine tea.
S/L Homemade sweet bread. Crisps. OJ. 2 "skinny" fairy cakes, pot of breakfast tea with milk shared.
D: Shop brought fish pie, veg, bread and butter
Approx 1,928cals - close to 2,000cals (phew! just under)

Hubby and I both did a bit of baking at home. I had lots of shredded coconut at home, so I made some coconut bread (Martha Stewart recipe) I did change plain flour for wholemeal flour and reduced the sugar amount. The coconut bread I didn't really like - too sweet for me. I then made a little without the coconut and subsided with unsweetened Alpen instead - this was nicer! Haha! Will be using the batch mainly for breakfasts - see how hard it becomes by the morning! Hubby made the Hairy bikers "skinny" lemon drizzle cupcakes (he added some frozen blueberries to it too)

Back at work tomorrow :( but I move more, so that's the positive side!

ForumRunner_20130218_000229.png

ForumRunner_20130218_000256.png

ForumRunner_20130218_000321.png

The last dinner photo looks pretty bad! It's all the same pale yellow colour, lucky green beans were added at the last minute! I like a bit more colour in my food :)

the cupcakes look lovely! were they low in cals then? may have to make some! xxxx

Monday 18th Feb
B: Cheese multi grain sub roll, tea with milk
L: Vermicelli salad with chicken.
D: Penne bolognaise.
S: Lindor lindt x3, digestive biscuit x1, coconut bread with jam.

Tuesday 19th Feb
B: Buttered Multi seed sub with chicken and lettuce, green tea
L: left over penne bolognaise with wilted spinach. Fruit -half grapefruit, an apple
D: Pan fried salmon on veg. Shrimp omlette, jasmine rice. 4 mini veg spring roll - sprayed with oil, baked in oven.
S: 2 Lindor chocolate balls. 2 plain cream crackers. Tea with milk. Coffee with milk. Coconut bread with chocolate spread.

Found myself sneaking in biscuit/bread snacks, mainly to go with my tea or coffee- habit when I'm having a hot drink with milk I usually fancy something to go with it. I blame work for giving me 'homework' to do, so it was a quick snatch and grab for snacks.

Also found out the multi seed rolls are quite high in calories. 270 something calories each with nothing in it.

This morning I had left over Singapore rice noodles, was not full size portions :p ... weirds people out when l tell them I have had something other than cereal or toast for breakfast. It's the Chinese in me :p

Last edited:
Cupcakes 167 calories, i didn't have the icing on mine, and ours turned out bigger 10 cupcakes not 12. Over the weekend i'll try and link the recipe or type it up.

ok thanks, my weakness is cake!
foods looking interesting :)
xxxxx

Wed 20th Feb
L: Left over bolognaise- made into con carne. Served with rice and salad (with light mayo dressing)
D: Homemade chicken curry with wilted spinach, served with rice
S: Tea with milk.

Not a very varied menu - rice noodles fir breakfast, rice for lunch and rice again for dinner.

Thurs 21st Feb
B: Smoked salmon, light cream cheese on an English muffin, Tea with milk.
L: Small portion of left over curry and rice, served with 1 slice seeded bread (with butter) coleslaw and salad leaves.
D: Homemade vegetable fried rice, lean gammon, egg fried in olive oil, chilli sauce.
S: Coffee with milk, panettonne, share of a large packet of spiral crisps - still some left, but still a large portion.

Fri 22nd Feb
B: Bowl of nut muesli with skimmed milk. Tea with skimmed milk
L: Chicken sub with light cream cheese. Tea with skimmed milk x2. Breakfast biscuit x2

Back