Triplestep's photo food diary

Fri 22nd Feb... continued... ended the day quite badly with

D: Spaghetti alle Vongole, 2 slices of garlic bread with cheese a sharing of apple crumble with custard, glass of white wine :p

Saturday 23rd Feb
B(runch) Burger King visit. Whopper, fries and D-Coke
D: Indian take away. Share of lamb curry, rice and salad
S: Mint tea, share of 2 Graze boxes (Hot cross yum, Florentine) Half an orange. Glass of Almond milk.

Ahhh.. will do better with food choices tomorrow.

ForumRunner_20130223_224438.png

ForumRunner_20130223_224507.png

ForumRunner_20130223_224555.png

mmmm food looks tasty :)
thanks for the recipe-will have to try them out! xxxx

Sun 24th Feb
B: Homemade breakfast muffin (apple, cranberry and oats) coffee with almond milk, half an banana
L: Dim Sum, various share of Beef Ho fun noodles, 1 deep fried item, 2 griddled items, and 3 steamed pieces. As dim sum goes, that's not too bad.
D: 2 apple and pork sausages, share of large chip shop chips, peas and gravy.
S: Fresh fruit set in strawberry jelly topped with evaporated milk.

I had my weigh in today and it's a STS at 174lbs.

The weeks ahead I hope to cook some recipes from a meals for two cook book and also from the Hairy Dieters Cook book- it will keep my portions in check. I have also brought 'Eating Less, Say Goodbye to Overeating' book that I hope to read too.

oh you will have to let me know what the book is like, that sounds interesting:) xxxxx

Ok Juicy, will let you know how the book is!

B: Egg, cheese and ham English muffin. Herbal tea
L: Sausage sandwich on seeded bread, scraping of butter with watercress. Homemade jelly pot. An apple
D: Turkey mince stir fry with chilli and basil. Pak Choi. Jasmine Rice.
S: Half a hot cross bun. Tea with milk. Hot Choc made with almond milk. 2 Brazil nuts. 6 BBQ Pistachios (from Graze box)

Most of my snacks were eaten after my dinner and I really didn't need to have the hot choc, but I thought I would use up the Almond milk up... it's not very nice. I really like almonds too. I kept seeing it advertised and it advertised extra nectar points for getting a carton. I won't be getting it again.

I've been picking all day today.
I decided to walk part of the way to work, so I can up my step count. Got to work and the walk worked up an appetite so I had some breakfast biscuits - this is after having breakfast at home! Then I had the work lunch and then I had my own! (To be fair my own lunch was a very small portion, so I would have needed something more to it) Then a few more snacks!

Today's menu (Tues 26th Feb) was like this:
B: 2 toasts both with crusts cut off, one marmite/butter, one cherry jam. Tea with almond milk.
L: Cottage pie with peas and broccoli.... 2nd lunch: yesterday's turkey stir fry and rice with wilted spinach. An apple.
D: One and a half fish cake - (2 different types, one also nearly collapsed for some reason) salad and 2 slices homemade bread. Both with butter the but one with apricot jam. Replaced 1 slice with it toasted as the bread cut straight from the loaf was underdone.
S: Breakfast biscuit. Tea x3 with milk (various). Kit Kat Chunky (sabotagers at work at work) one mini tortilla wrap with hummous and salad.

I think having the tea with milk made me want "something to go with it" so that's mainly why I kept picking today. I do keep telling people at work it's best I drink herbal tea :(

I tried making some bread today after work. I'm not usually a baker, but lately I want to get rid of the flour I have at home. Made half and half; all wholewheat; one side sundried tomatoes and olives, the other side oats and pumpkin seeds. It came out a bit wet. No oil/butter except to grease the loaf tin. No yeast and no waiting for it to rise... I didn't add any salt to the mixtures.... so yeah, No taste! :p hence the butter and jams on top.

ForumRunner_20130227_000226.png

ForumRunner_20130227_000311.png

well done on attempting bread!
ive only made it a few times, but the first time i didnt put enough salt in and it was sooo bland!
what is your target btw hun on losing weight?
xxxxx

Hi Juicy, I don't have a weekly target I'm worried about not achieving any weight loss! This week I feel positive though, I'm not feeling so bloated like the last few months.

I think for me, if i can keep a close eye on my food I'll lose half a pound and if I get my butt moving I'll lose another half a pound a week that way. If I need to lose my wedding weight before 1st May I should be aiming for just under 2lb a week.

youll do great!
1/2 lb a week is a nice healthy way to lose xxxx

It's been a busy week at work.

Wed 27th Feb
B: Ham, tomato and cheese toastie ( I did say I wasn't going to have hard cheese at home... tut tut, I couldn't resist!)
L: Baxter's tomato soup with one and a half slice of seeded bread with Flora pro-activ. Bistro salad.
D: Small portion of rice noodles with turkey mince and veg. Small bowl of vegetable soup.
S: 2 cold roast potatoes. Chinese pork bun from bakery. D-Coke. 1 Oat biscuit.

Thurs 28th Feb
B: Porridge made with semi skimmed milk and topped with blueberries and a touch of golden syrup.
L: Pasta twists with tomato sauce, made with quorn mince and coleslaw.
D: 2 Sainsbury's hot deli chicken thighs (took off the skin), share of medium chips and share of curry sauce.
S: Beans on a slice of toast (no marg/butter) Jelly topped with evaporated milk

Fri 1st March
B: Cheese, ham and tomato sandwich on seeded bread (I made the 2 lots of sandwiches, too lazy to think what to have for breakfast) Tea with milk.
L: Cheese, ham and tomato sandwich on seeded bread, some salad leaves, plum x 2.
D: Spaghetti (Half wholewheat/white) with half a chicken thigh, olives, sun dried tomatoes, courgettes.
S: My snack list is longer than my dinner!!!! Large Glass of white wine, Toast with margarine, Brazil nut x 2, wasabi peas, 2 squares of dark choc, pumpkin seeds and an apple.

Sat 2nd March
B: Porridge oats made with semi skimmed milk, topped with blueberries and a touch of golden syrup.
L: Crispy Quorn fillet, served with mix of char-grilled veg
D: Beef oyster stir fry with boiled rice and a fried egg
S: 2 slices of seeded toast, one with reduced fat pate, one with peanut butter. Tea with milk. Walker's salt and vinegar crisps (multi-pack)

Ate so much bread items this week! Mainly because I'm on a later shift, I am offered lunch and teas at work, but the food is quite carb rich. This coming week I'm back on an earlier shift so my eating will be better, but my activity will be less. The good thing about working on a later shift is I walked a lot more, so even though I snacked on lots of bread I was able to lose 1.4lbs this week
smile.gif

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sun 3rd March
B: Lean bacon x2 slices, grilled tomato, mushrooms, dry seeded bread toast and canned spaghetti in tomato sauce, Tea with milk.
L: Canned salmon with pasta shells, light mayo and salad leaves (XL portion!)
D: Spanish style chicken bake (from Hairy Dieter's cook book) I served it with white rice and some courgettes (in the book I think you just have it as it is) D-Coke
S: No snacks... except herbal teas; green x2, mint x 1.

I'm not ordering skimmed milk anymore... changing it back to semi skimmed- had lots left in the house - it wasn't getting drunk. I'm still trying to keep my breakfasts to under 300cals, but on the odd occassion it will go over, especially if they are hot/cooked items ie. a fry up!! I'm still trying to not have hard cheese for meals prepared at home, but again for occassionaly it won't be too damaging on my health!

ForumRunner_20130303_220529.png ForumRunner_20130303_220553.png ForumRunner_20130303_220620.png ForumRunner_20130303_220758.png

wow well done for losing :D
i have to be honest i was surprised when i saw how much food you had eaten but you have obviously been moving more :)
xxxxx

Juicy :D I eat a massive amount of food! I sometimes have tea/snacks at work too and the majority of my colleagues use it as a main meal and they don't eat dinner afterwards, but I just see it as a snack! :eek:

I do eat loads, but in this past year I know that I will usually burn the food I eat. I set my body monitor to burn 2,900cals daily, on a typical work day I usually hit that target... so even if I've eaten loads it's very unlikely it's over 2,900cals worth! (unless I eat a lot of cake!) Weekends are harder to hit my calorie burn- maybe I average 2,200-2,500cals which I could eat more than I burn, especially if I ate out or ordered takeaway.

Trying to be 'good' or making 'better choices'. Today is hubby's 'Friday' and the start of his weekend, so it usually means it's curry night, but we refrained and made roast chicken, I admit I had the roast chicken wings with the skin on today... but we can't be good all the time! :D

B: Croissant with jam, 1 chocolate chip brioche, tea with milk
L: Yesterday's Spanish baked chicken (1 thigh) served with large serving of Black lentils, side salad.
D: Roast chicken- breast with 2 wings, couscous with onions, peppers, chillies and tomato ketchup.
S: Tea with milk x 2, hob nob - dark choc x2, 1 chocolate chip brioche, an apple.

I was waiting to be let into my work building this morning (I get in early to have my breakfast) it opened later than usual, so I just grabbed the croissants and brioche for a quick fix breakfast - not a great choice... it got me craving sugars throughout the day.

B: 2 toasts, one with cheddar cheese and Marmite. Tea with semi skimmed milk.
L: Homemade Chicken and vegetable fried rice, an apple
D: Salt beef on a sesame bagel, with wedges and a large salad
S: Chocolate chip brioche, an apple, 1 cracker, 1 packet of kettle chips.

ForumRunner_20130305_205453.png ForumRunner_20130305_205614.png

I had a bad eating day for Wed 6th March. I had sweet cravings I think the following is correct:

B: 1 boiled egg and 2 toast with butter, tea with milk.
L: Sesame bagel with ham, egg and watercress with light mayo, square crisps. D-Coke
D: Steamed fish, boiled rice, turkey mince wraps in Chinese leaf
S: About 5-6 biscuits of all different sorts (Biscuits offered at course I was on) an apple on the way home from work. Large portion of Ice-cream with half a tin of peaches and crumbled meringue(from Valentines) after dinner then a share of almond nougat, which I brought for hubby and he wanted me to try some, so we split it in the middle.

.... I sense it will be a gain....

Today Thurs 7th March
B: Brioche 2 slices, 1 plain one with raspberry jam. tea with semi skimmed milk.
L: Chicken drumstick meat with cous cous, watercress and spinach mixed in with it. An apple
D: Korean soup noodles with crab/ocean sticks, sausage and broccoli.
S: Tea with semi skimmed milk x 2, peppermint tea x 1, Green tea x1, an apple, Dark Choc hob nob x 2.

Trying to hit the gym tomorrow, I brought my gym stuff with me today, but I had to bring some work home, so I will try hard to go tomorrow after work.

good luck with going to the gym love, dont worry, you can still save it by working out hard for a couple of days :)
xxxxxx

I couldn't go to the gym. Short staffed today at work, so I couldn't leave work early, being Friday the gym closes much earlier. I have said to myself that I will jog tomorrow morning, I just have to psych myself up for it and not make excuses when I get up.

Today's eating has been a much better one.
B: Alpen with semi skimmed milk
L: Shop brought ham and pickle sandwich, packet of sunbites, D-Coke
D: Cream of Chicken soup, 1 cheese and ham on thick cut toast with side of beetroot/leafy salad
S: 1 apple on the way home. Coffee with semi skimmed milk. 1 Hob nob.

I hope I don't start munching later when hubby gets home... I had my dinner much earlier than normal today, work to get on with :(

I just want to write a note to myself that I usually have a huge breakfast as I'm scared I'll get hungry, but I had a small bowl of Alpen today and I didn't pick at all at work, even though my work colleague brought a packet of doughnuts for us, I didn't have it. I said thank you all the same. Let's hope the sweet cravings and binge eating from the last few days are over for now this month.

Back