TrixieB trying again!

TrixieB

Started Slimming World this morning! I have followed programme in the past - and it worked - so I am giving it another go! I must find a meeting - closest is 1hr 20 minutes away - but I think going will help me understand the programme better and the support of a group will keep me motivated.

Here is my menu for today:

Breakfast -
1 egg
3 small grilled lean bacon rashers
2 satsumas

Snack -
Fat free yogurt
Green Tea powder
Small banana

Lunch (main meal) -
Roasted broccoli, butternut squash, red onion, potatoes, mushrooms (loads) (syns 2 - olive oil rub)
Baked beans

Snack -
leek and potato soup
ginger nut biscuit (3.5 syns)

Supper
1.5 slices McCambridge stoneground HEB (not thinking!! and ate 2 slices!! not sure what the syns are for the extra half - will give it 3syns as wholemeal bread slice is 3 and this is half slice of stoneground??)
42g low fat mature cheddar slice HEA
grilled tomatoes
apple

Will do a 3km walk this evening, drink lots of water and keep focussed!! Total 8.5 syns and both HEA and HEB today.....

I had a very positive day - spent some time reading through programme and looking for meeting that isn't too far away!! Heading on holidays 8 weeks from yesterday....want to feel good and be ready to make smart food choices while away!!

Last edited:
Ah, one day down - feel happy with myself!!

Here is today's planned menu

Breakfast -
1 egg
2small grilled lean bacon medallions2
tomato, beans, mushroom

Snack -
Slimming World hommous
carrot sticks

Lunch (main meal) -
Roasted broccoli, butternut squash, red onion, potatoes, mushrooms (loads)p
pasta
homemade pasta sauce (2 syns - olive oil)
low fat cream cheese (57g) HEA

Snack -
?? something with syns

Supper
1.5 slices McCambridge stoneground HEB
leek and pototo soup
apple

Walk 3km

I looked on Slimming World .ie and I found a newly formed meeting closer (1hr drive!!) from my house - I will be going there on Tuesday - !! So excited as I have been waiting for Slimming World to come to southwest Ireland for a very long time!!! Looking forward to getting the Irish perspective and Irish foods and their syns and HE options!!

Good luck :)

Yesterday was a hectic day - no time to update here - but this is what I ate....

Breakfast - fat free yogurt with berries and green tea powder

Snack (coffee morning with friend) Brown Bread (HEB) with 1 tsp jam (.5syn) and 1 tsp lowlow spread (.5syn)

Lunch - Salmon, 1 tbsp mayo (5 syns (SHOCKing!!!)) salad greens with balsamic vinegar, left over jacket potato and beetroot

Snack - Slimming World Houmous with carrot sticks

Supper - Slimming World chips, roasted broccoli, beans, one dry fry egg, 42g mature low fat cheddar melted on chips, Satsuma, baby apple and baby pear

Indulgent evening snack (tempting kids supper) 28gx3 oven chips 2.5x3 syns totalling 7.5 syns plus 1/2 tbsp mayo 2.5 syns

So yesterdays syns total is 7.5 + 5 + .5 + .5 + 2.5 totalling 16 syns!!

Super busy day and pouring rain all evening so I didn't go for a walk! Will do 5 km later today.

I plan to make chili today - not sure if it will be veggie or perhaps I will get extra lean beef......will see!!

Winning the Saturday morning battle!!! My family - 3 young teens 1 husband and one husky all still sleeping - I love my peaceful tv catchup lone-time but too often I end up drinking too many coffees and eating toast and biscuits in large quantities!!! I woke at 7 and made SW breakfast of egg, beans, bacon medallions, mushrooms and tomato, after 2 1/2 hours I am thinking about my chili - which I haven't yet made!! So I said I would have mostly free snack of apple/banana/orange chopped and topped with ff natural yogurt and crumbled digestive (3.5 syns)! Happy with myself after last nights indulgence in kids oven chips!! Husband working at 2pm today - so there will be a long rainy afternoon ahead......after a bit of housework and cooking I would love to have a few hours to read and I will walk (rain or shine) this evening.

So far my food today....

Breakfast - 1 egg, beans, mushrooms, tomato, 2 bacon medallions

Snack - apple, orange, banana, ff natural yogurt, green tea powder, 1 digestive (3.5 syns)

Lunch - chili - tinned tomatoes, tomato paste, onion, carrot, mushroom, broccoli, kidney beans, chickpeas and spices with RICE

Supper - maybe SW chips or brown bread (HEB) with 42g lf mature cheddar cheese (HEA) and beetroot with fruit

I see on Slimming World facebook page that Women magazine has free membership voucher for new members in Tuesday's issue (May 13) - and it is in sterling and euro!!! Amazing as other diet clubs often offer discounts but they are never valid in Ireland!!!

Looking forward to my first ever SW meeting Tuesday night!! It is a brand new group so I don't feel too odd going!!!

Looking out the window at the terrible rainy day - and pushing myself to get out and walk! Made lovely chili for lunch and I just had a small bowl of skinny cut roasted potato and butternut squash sticks with salt and vinegar - my crisp replacement for today!!! Feeling too full after big lunch - out I go to walk to off!!!

Catch up!! Saturday I had great 5km walk (in the wind and the rain)! Sunday - no walk but food was as follows....

Breakfast - 1 egg, beans, mushrooms, bacon medallions

Lunch - roast chicken dinner - roast potatoes parsnips and carrots (all dry roasted) broccoli, boiled carrots, chicken, mash potatoes and brown bread (HEB) ( sounds like a massive meal but just had small portions of everything!!

Supper - roast potato wedges - beetroot and 57g light cream cheese (HEB)

Syns - Gravy - 2 syns
Gingernut biscuit - 2.5
Yogurt rice cakes 2 x 4syns -- 8 syns ( too tired to look but I read the chocolate ones are 4 syns each - will find out tomorrow if yogurt ones are the same.

So that was sunday and now for today.....

Breakfast - 1 egg, beans, mushrooms, bacon medallions

Lunch - Slimming World chicken tika with rice (my friend made it and she didn't say if it was free of if there were syns...will ask her tomorrow - I was yummy and great to have something handed to me at 8am cooked and ready for reheating at lunch!! I added 1/3 plate of dry stirfry broccoli, mushroom and onions

Snack - fat free yogurt mixed frozen berries

Supper - bread (HEB) and filling made with chicken/beetroot/spring onion sweet chili sauce (1tbsp) and 1 tbsp. very light mayo with 2 baby apples one Satsuma and 42g lf mature cheddar.

Went for 5km walk!! Tired now must find syns..... sweet chilli sauce 1.5 syns and extra light mayo 1 syns tablespoon cream - 1syns

I thought the sweet chilli sauce and the mayo would be higher in syns - so I am too low in syns today but it is 2306 - a bit late to get up and eat 8syns!!!!

Good night!!!

Did a home weigh in this morning - 6 days on programme and I lost 5 1/2 pounds - going to slimming world meeting tonight so I will follow the leaders scales after today!!

Breakfast
2 Weetabix HEB and milk HEA

Snack
Flake 32g bar!! Treat for weigh day - I don't eat late at night so I won't eat after meeting!

Lunch - leftover roast chicken and stirfry veg

Supper - egg and bacon medallions and mushrooms and tomato

Back