Trouble getting to sleep?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Lilly, 10 September 2007 Social URL.

1. Lilly

Lilly Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I'm on day 7 I see my counsellor tonight but just wanted to know if any1 had same problem as me. When I go to bed at night (past 4 nights) my pulse feels really fast, when I start to drop off I keep jumping. This is very annoying and i'm knacked! The only time I do this usually is if i've hard an overdose of sugar/alcohol so am confused as completely absteined and stuck to program 100%. Is it anything to do with ketosis? Getting a bit paranoid :confused:

Lx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Frejja

Frejja Silver Member

Lilly I've found it very hard to sleep ever since I started dieting in this way. I don't have the pulse problem though. I would mention it to your GP just in case. Good luck with the diet!

4. Dub07

Dub07 Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    7st12lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(13.84%)
    Diet:
    Dukan - Cruise
    Hi Lilly

Just a thought - I had something similar one night, but then I realised I'd had about 8 mugs of coffee on the day in question :(

5. canireallydothis!!

canireallydothis!! Gold Member

Diet:
    Cambridge!
    Hi Lilly, I used to get this on odd occasions, felt like my heart was going to jump in to my mouth!!!

I was going to see my GP but then it stopped, maybe worth a trip to your GP, discuss with your CDC and see if she offers any advice x

6. Lilly

Lilly Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Thanks every1! Can't be caffeine i'm on decaf. Maybe its just the stress!!

7. Wilmaholla01

Wilmaholla01 Member

I've had the same problem! Just try to unwind before bed and not do anything too stressful that gets my heart beating faster than normal! The water helps though...until you're up every couple of hours on the toilet! :)

8. Dub07

Dub07 Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    7st12lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(13.84%)
    Diet:
    Dukan - Cruise
    I realised last night that I'd missed a step or two in my reply to you!

BCD (before CD) when I couldn't sleep I used a visualisation technique and relaxation - imagining a navy velvet tent and clenching then relaxing muscles from the toes up. Now I imagine little Pac-men (remember Pac-man?) inside a video game, running around gobbling fat cells from my toes up. If I'm REALLY bored and sleepless I dress them up as commandos and put movie-star faces on them. I always loved popping bubble-wrap and that's how my sound effects go. rofl... dear god I sound insane.

Corny, but true - and I normally get to sleep purty fast. It beats counting sheep. :eek:

9. fatpossum

fatpossum Silver Member

If I were you Dub07, I'd find a darkened room and have a little lie down!!!!!

10. Lynn8124

Lynn8124 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st7lb
    Current Weight:
    19st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    seefood
    lol, whatever works for ya!:D

11. fat_2_fabulous

fat_2_fabulous Silver Member

Start Weight:
    19st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    6st9lb(34.96%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world extra easy
    i dont drink any caffeine at all and i fall to sleep within mins of hitting the pillow!try and calm little on the caffeine and see if tha helps
    xx

12. susandan

susandan Full Member

Diet:
    CD
    hi Lilly

I sometimes have this problem and can't sleep even before CD (first week), I also find that the more you worry to worse it can be. So I usually have a hot bath and listen to an hypnotic Cd before going to bed, Paul McKenna, positive thinking and a sleep one he does and that usually works for me..hope you get sorted.

susan :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.