Trouble sleeping

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by Christovee, 23 December 2007 Social URL.

1. Christovee

Christovee Full Member

In the past couple of weeks I have real trouble getting to sleep at night and have even taken to Nytol now and again when I have something I need to be alert for the next day.

Has anyone else had this problem on LL or any other VLC/Low Carb diet?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Zomble

Zomble Full Member

Au contraire. I've been sleeping like a log since LL. Normally I'm an insomniac. Hmmm... sorry to hear about it.

4. Alibongo

Alibongo Happily pro pointing!

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Lighter Life
    Hi Christo

The only time I had a problem sleeping is when I had coffee too late at night, apart from that I am getting quite tired at the end of the day and have been sleeping pretty well.

Hope it resolves itself soon.

5. Christovee

Christovee Full Member

This was initially the same for me. I used to have a bit of trouble getting to sleep but after being on LL for a couple of weeks I found my sleeping pattern improved and I felt much more refreshed in the morning. However, in the last week of so I just don't seem to able to nod off, regardless of how tired I am.

I may try having my foodpack earlier in the day so that I have less energy but the time night time falls.

6. silhouettes

silhouettes Silver Member

I found that it was because i wasnt using up the energy i had. I started back at the gym (light exercise, swimming or yoga) and since then i have slept fine

7. ladylite

ladylite Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi Christovee

I could never fall asleep without the telly on. I have now bought a CD called sleep and it is brilliant. I am now guaranteed to be asleep before the end of the CD.

Unfortunately, I do however, have to get up twice a night now for a pee, but it is more like sleep walking or shall I say (pee walking),.

8. Frejja

Frejja Silver Member

Hi Christovee, I've never been a great sleeper but it got worse while I did LL/CD and now that I'm on maintenance, I'm on sleeping tablets as it didn't get any better! Everyone's different tho..so hopefully things will improve for you.

9. scotwannabethin

scotwannabethin Back to the grindstone!!

Start Weight:
    16st9lb
    Current Weight:
    16st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.15%)
    Diet:
    W8 as need to lose so I can TTC!!!
    Hello,
    I am struggling with the sleep too and that is not like me!! I love my bed but I find that I can get to sleep just that if I wake up then that's me awake. Even if it is 3 or 4 in the morning. It does get very irratating but I am hoping that it is just a phase and that I can catch up on my beauty sleep soon, although I don't need so much now that I am a shadow of my former self!!
    I hope it sorts itself out for both of us!!

10. Fat2ThinGirl

Fat2ThinGirl Gonna get slim

Start Weight:
    29st4lb
    Current Weight:
    28st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    18st5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(2.44%)
    Diet:
    The Cambridge Diet
    Yes I stuggle with sleep on LL...must be all the thoughts of what I am going to do when I am thin! Lol! Seriously though I think I feel kind of wired because of the hunger late at night so try and have my last foodpack straight before going to bed which you might find helpful. I also get cramps in my legs at night if I have less than 5 litres of water a day which doesn't help ( i don't know if I need more because of being superfat or because I am tall-on the CD you have to have an extra foodpack if you are over 5'7?). Wierdly though, I have more energy even though my sleep is disrupted after the first few weeks of LL.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.