Trouble sleeping

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by deej, 3 June 2009 Social URL.

1. deej

deej Member

Start Weight:
    16st12lb
    Current Weight:
    16st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    I am coming to the end of Day 2 and have had trouble sleeping for the last two nights (here I am posting at 1.10am!) Has anyone else had this problem on CD?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. TINKERBELLA

TINKERBELLA Silver Member

Diet:
    cambridge diet SS+
    Hi Deej
    I have just finished day 4 and I have had problems every night since I started diet on Saturday. First night was the worst kept waking up have hot sweats and felt horrible. I dont seem to be able to sleep for longer than 2 hours at a time and when I wake up I am wide awake and no chance of getting back to sleep this has then been catching up on me. I would actually say this has affected me worse than any hunger pains/cravings etc. One positive to it though is that when I wake up in morning I am wide awake and dont feel tired at all. Do you just have trouble falling asleep or do you constantly wake up through the night like me?

4. cowboy

cowboy Member

Start Weight:
    10st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(5.23%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge SS
    HI DeeJ and Tinkerbella
    I normally sleep fom 10 til 6. Last few nights I haven't got to sleep til long gone 11 and then I still woke at 6. I haven't been waking once asleep though so it's not too bad.
    Are you feeling tired?

5. herewego

herewego Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st10.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.53%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi - Yes I have found the same. I remember feeling like this when I was on Atkins as well so it might be something to do with eating less carbs. What has helped me is to split the "dinner shake" so that I have half just before I go to bed. If it is chocolate flavour then I make it warm so that it's like having a hot chocolate. I still wake up earlier than normal but it's not too bad.

I'm sure our bodies will adjust over time.

6. imagisal

imagisal Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9lb(17.62%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet Sole Source
    I am on week 3 and for the initial 3 or 4 nights of week 1 sleep was disrupted. It has settled right back down, on the odd night I do get hunger pangs but water seems to settle my tum right down. Hope you get a good night's sleep soon. Good luck and keep going.

7. lisalulu

lisalulu Silver Member

Start Weight:
    19st4lb
    Current Weight:
    19st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(1.48%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I've suffered from sleepless nights since hitting ketosis, it can take me hours to drop off, although I usually manage a full night once I fall asleep. I was actually the opposite in the first few days, I was so tired and exhausted I had to nap in the afternoon. Don't forget, our bodies go from being fuelled with mountains of junk to tiny amounts of nutrient rich food- its an extreme change and we are all bound to react differently to it.

I try and have a half hot shake right before bed, it does help a fair bit. I also plan myself a little bit of 'down' time- just me and my book, no T.V, no snoring h2b. I find winding down helps my body relax. Hope this all helps a little x

8. deej

deej Member

Start Weight:
    16st12lb
    Current Weight:
    16st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    I am ok once I get to sleep, it is getting to sleep that is the problem.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.