True or false that you put on weight when you are menstruating?

I came off the pill in Dec, been on SW for 2.5 yrs and never had problems with * wk, not the case now my hormones are all over the place! First period after coming off the pill saw a 5lb gain and the next wk back off again so i definately put it down to water retention though i didn't feel bloated. I will see how my weight goes the next time i'm due and just keep an eye on it. Like alot of people said everyone is different and *wk will effect everyone in different ways but i also think it can be an excuse when you've been bad! lol

I don't gain weight but I do gain water about a day before I'm due, then it will start to go around 3 or 4 days later. I don't eat any differently, I am just prone to retaining water. I can gain 2lbs overnight.

I also gain a little around ovulation (might be the same for the lady that mentioned she gained 2 weeks before the * week).

I also retain water if I eat chinese food.

Whatever I don't lose that week will come off the next.

the chinese food thing might be the MSG...
you retain water if you have lots of salt.. so cut down on the salt.. :)

I actually cant eat chinese takeaways anymore because they taste so salty, amazing how sw changes your palate!

I dont know what day in cycle it comes and goes as I dont weigh daily, but I usually put on 7lbs for at least a few days, ever since I came off the pill (was 2-3 lbs while on the pill). I have a whole other set of clothes just for * week. My new scales have water % gauge so I should maybe I should start monitoring it. I dont think it affects my eating, but Ive never really paid attention before!

Well done to your loss, thats excellent! Your hard work paid off, good for you.

Its my second weigh in this wednesday evening and my * week, not exactly looking forward to it if im honest. I have been good, but atm i feel just horrid and i really hope i dont gain on my second week.. heres hoping i dont.

x

Me too, 2nd WI weds eve too and i am not looking fwd due to * week..! grrr..

i feel horrid and just bluerrgh atm!

Back