Truvia???

billiebimbo

Not sure where you post questions about advice stuff like this but anyone know anything about this new sugar is it Truvia? how does this fare in terms of ketosis etc etc - am very interested in it - supposed to be made from a leaf
I have a serious allergy to aspartame it reacts like a poison in me so I have to be careful - its the only thing I am allergic to and it used to simulate anaphylactic shock - strange eh? had couple of near misses at hospital till they worked out what it was - kept telling me I had been stung ha ha knew I hadn't !!
yes so this sugar does interest me greatly if anyone knows anything about it would love to know how it relates to Exante?

many thanks xxxx:)

not much use i am afraid but i saw the advert for this the other day and thought how good it looked , will be nice to use a sweetener thats not chemical based ( splenda was a fertiliser i think ????) and it certainly looks like from grains of sugar on the advert , I will wait till i have finished exante till i try it just in case but hope someone has some info for you .

Hi Kate
I've done some online research into it - it does indeed look like a good product -lets not kid ourselves here tho it is a chemical derivative of the leaf and its extraction (chemically) is mind boggling!! nonetheless it isn't an entirely lab manufactured product no it does come from a leaf and contains no calories

I have emailed the manufacturing company to ask them whether it has any carbs in it and if not does this product impact on what has become known as 'ketosis' among those on VLCD (it differs slightly from ketosis for those with diabetes - so thought i would distinguish!!)

thanks for the response
I will forward any relevant info I get on here - tomo when I have finished my assignment and have some spare time I will email Exante and see if they have any information on it - its not a particularly new product in terms of the US (did you know that Coca cola are partners in development? interesting eh?) - the US are borderline in banning Aspertame and it is likely that the UK govt will follow suit at some point as there are more progressive govts around the world who consider it a poison to humans - indeed some in the medical community consider it to underlie Lupus, MS, Fibromyalgia and other neurosomatic diseases - (oh god I'm off ha ha)

I am allergic myself to aspertame which is how I came across Exante - which I am so glad about - originally my friend told me that she was on CD so I thought ooh itss still about then I will give that a look - phoned a CD counsellor and booked myself in then went online and saw that 95% of their products have aspertame in - even the soup!!!

So I decided to check out other products and there was Exante - great quality products - great tasting and I was then prompted to see if there were any forums to support me in my first few days as they don't have counsellors - stumbled across minimins and I am delighted!!! (I am seriously rambling now arent i??) anyway suffice to say I am so delighted I feel like this is a pivotal moment in my life and I am very very happy with this site people are so friendly and helpful and supportive -

quite simply I love it!!!:D:D:D:D (that's me wandering around with a big grin on all day!!)

Ha ha bet your glad you answered now eh? sorry you don't have to read all of this I do get carried away when I get eggcited!!

take care and lossa luv Bills xx

Back