Trying again!

BettyDraper

Hi everyone,

I actually joined Slimming World on line a few weeks ago, but then went on holiday and found it much easier to counting calories when I was away than following slimming world. So now I´m home decided to carry on.

I have a lot of weight to lose, about 5 and half stone, but am determined to do it this time. My goal is to get slim and fit by Christmas 2012 so that my husband and I can go on a skiing holiday. :eek:

So Today, I had Special K and an apple for breakfast.

Lunch was two ryvitas with Philadelphia light, some ham, cucumber and beetroot, followed by a banana.

Then I went to the gym for an hour and then dinner was large mixed salad (with a teaspoon of olive oil and some balsamic vinegar), with small amount of pasta and some chicken. Followed by greek yogurt and a spoon of honey.

I hope it´s ok to start this diary. I just want somewhere to write down what I am doing and if anyone wants to point out if I am doing something wrong then please do :)

I use My Fitness Pal to record all I eat and the excercise I do so I know that I usually come in just under the target (with exercise calories added),

BD x

Good luck :) your aiming to lose about what I've lost using CC so it's definitely doable!! And I'm such a rubbish dieter lol. Really.......I'm pants!! Roll on Xmas 2012 an a new slinky you!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi and welcome. Hope you find ccing as amazing as we all do. Good luck hun, look forward to reading your diary. :)

Thanks Ladies.

I have found this week quite easy really, considering I am on a diet!! I have been to the gym everyday and burning loads though, so it has meant I can eat more which makes it easier. Also, I am still off work this week so I have had more time to plan meals. I´m still drinking the odd beer in the evenings (well I am on holiday and its very hot!) but starting Sunday my husband and I are going alcohol free for the foreseeable future.

I´m finding My Fitness Plan extremely useful!

MFP is fab!!! Couldn't do this without it. I have been thinking about going Teetotal for a while, maybe I should try it. :)

Yes it's brilliant!

We are not big drinkers to be honest, just a couple beers now and then. But one small bottle Heineken is 150 cals! I'm using all my gym cals on beer! I get too drunk on vodka Lol an ice cold beer is so nice in this hot weather tho!

I just found these wine spritzers at 100cals a peice :) sitting happily in my fridge awaiting a day when I actually have cals left for em lol.

I just found these wine spritzers at 100cals a peice :) sitting happily in my fridge awaiting a day when I actually have cals left for em lol.

err, do tell!!! :)

I was in Iceland with my freind an was showing off the MFP barcode scanner to demonstrate how much better CC is than Atkins (heehee) and these wine spritzers come up as 100 cals :) :) echo falls spritz they are called. White zinfandel and sparkling water. Yuuuuummmyyyyy!!!

I was in Iceland with my freind an was showing off the MFP barcode scanner to demonstrate how much better CC is than Atkins (heehee) and these wine spritzers come up as 100 cals :) :) echo falls spritz they are called. White zinfandel and sparkling water. Yuuuuummmyyyyy!!!

OMG!!! I drank them all through last summer. That was before ccing, so I would never have looked at the calorie content. Fab, I'm stocking up. The rose ones are gorgeous. Perfect for a hot day because they are not too heavy. Thats 2 drinks you have suggested for me tonight Tina!! :D

Hmmm so next time I get delayed in Iceland by someone zapping the alcopops I shall know it is you and come and tap you on the shoulder and say "you are Legomom and I claim my £10" lol

Just noticed you are in my town.

Had a really good day yesterday.

Special K for breakfast. Beans on toast for lunch.

Then a mega session at the gym followed by a Special K bar.

As a result I had more calories for the evening that I started with in the morning :D

We went out for dinner with some friends, it was a paella night and so difficult to judge the calories, but I felt safe due to the amount I had left and I only had one glass of wine and some water with the meal. Ended the night with 2 margaritas at the beach bar! OMG! I have had such a bad hangover today. God knows what they put in them! Only have I just about come back to life and got myself some toast. Feel too weak to go to the gym!

Back to work tomorrow, so we have decided to take a walk to a restaurant we like tonight, its about 2kms away, so the walk will be my exercise today! NO MORE ALCOHOL for me tho! :cool:

Oh and I have lost some weight! yay! 1 and half lbs since Monday :D

Hi Betty :)

I've just joined CC from SW too! Seems far less restrictive, and mfp is fab.

Good luck on your journey - sounds like you are doing really well so far, especially with the exercise. That's my downfall!

Thank you Squeazy :)

Back to work after 3 weeks off today so too busy to eat. This is a good thing as I am too tired to go to the gym tonight, a thunderstorm has also started so I don´t fancy going for a walk either. It´s also 1st day of no alcohol for at least a month.

Special K for breakfast,

Special K snack bar.

Prawn, veg and noodle stirfry for lunch,

Dinner was sirloin steak, a few new potatoes boiled in skins and a couple of mushrooms and onions.

I still have 256 calories left :) So I think I will have a greek yogurt with a spoonful of honey stirred in for a snack in a bit while hubby has a bowl of ice cream.

Gym tomorrow night definitely!

You've made a brilliant start to this. Keep it up!

Good luck with the no-alcohol - I found it made a BIG difference.

Thank you. I think September will be easier to be alcohol free as everyone is back to work and there aren´t so many nights out. I´m loving calorie counting! It´s like you can have a little bit of whatever you fancy really as long as you don´t go mental!

Today was a good day.

Breakfast was special K

special K bar for snack

Lunch was couscous mixed with vegetables which I made last night and took into work.

Dinner was chicken and pasta salad.

Went to the gym and managed 50 minutes on the epilator. Phew! Sweated buckets! I hate going to the gym so much! Everyone in there is half my age and half my size and twice as fit! All the women in there are so ultra glamourous! It was packed tonight as well. I´m getting a bit better at just doing it and not worrying so much about whether people are looking at me! But I do get self-conscious. Although once I have walked in and got to my machine and started working I do actually enjoy it. :eek:

Back