Trying again

lilbitgeedy

Ok ,never done this before,but hope im in the right place.
So,my brand new analog scales tell me im at 14.12 but my vrand new digital ones tell me im 15.10!!!!! My old,slightly unreliable scales also tell me in 14.12 ..the digi scales cost me £4.99. Lol so ive decided,to save me a nervous breakdown,i will go with the analogue scales (what would everyone else do I wonder???) Plus...at the end of october last year I weighed 14 stone and my friends more expensive digital scales told me this !:p I have been feeling like I had put on a few 1bs for sure,which is why I bought new scales,but definitle not nearly two stone..im pretty sure my clothes would be letting me know if I had gone up THAT much!everything still fits...
Anyway,i am completely devestated and spent the night of my "weigh in" feeling completely hopeless and and resentful ,i had already decided to start sw again because Its my big 40 in 3 months and I want to look and feel good by the time I hit it..i just didnt realise I was having to start all over again from a much higher weight than I thought.:-(
So ive stuck to sw for the last 5 days,been walking an hour and ten mins with dog every other day (im not a dawdler) and of course the scales are still saying 14.12. Last time I tried sw it was the same story,1b pew week if I was lucky..very,very slow progress however my starting weight then,was 15.6 so managed to get down to 14. Even long after I stopped the diet.
I have some things going on with my cycle which could be causing or contributing to the recent gain,cycle has been irregular for several years now.the last year has been worse than ever and now ive not had p for two months,though im in a perminent and very miserable state of pmt ..i can feel body desperatley wants to come on but somehow cant..along with alot of very strange ovary and dragging back pains very bloated belly etc im actualy feeling pretty spooked now ,am waiting for a scan at the moment,having missed one,and having cancelled three!
So hopefuly I will have some answers in a few weeks.
Anyway ,im pretty sure that whatevers wrong is playing havoc with my weight I just hope its nothing serious.
Soooooo anyway here I am!doing a weight diary ,in front of everyone on line haha!kinda figured it might help to keep me on track reading others stuff and talking...
Wishing everyone well!:) x

lilbitgeedy said:
Ok ,never done this before,but hope im in the right place.
So,my brand new analog scales tell me im at 14.12 but my vrand new digital ones tell me im 15.10!!!!! My old,slightly unreliable scales also tell me in 14.12 ..the digi scales cost me £4.99. Lol so ive decided,to save me a nervous breakdown,i will go with the analogue scales (what would everyone else do I wonder???) Plus...at the end of october last year I weighed 14 stone and my friends more expensive digital scales told me this !:p I have been feeling like I had put on a few 1bs for sure,which is why I bought new scales,but definitle not nearly two stone..im pretty sure my clothes would be letting me know if I had gone up THAT much!everything still fits...
Anyway,i am completely devestated and spent the night of my "weigh in" feeling completely hopeless and and resentful ,i had already decided to start sw again because Its my big 40 in 3 months and I want to look and feel good by the time I hit it..i just didnt realise I was having to start all over again from a much higher weight than I thought.:-(
So ive stuck to sw for the last 5 days,been walking an hour and ten mins with dog every other day (im not a dawdler) and of course the scales are still saying 14.12. Last time I tried sw it was the same story,1b pew week if I was lucky..very,very slow progress however my starting weight then,was 15.6 so managed to get down to 14. Even long after I stopped the diet.
I have some things going on with my cycle which could be causing or contributing to the recent gain,cycle has been irregular for several years now.the last year has been worse than ever and now ive not had p for two months,though im in a perminent and very miserable state of pmt ..i can feel body desperatley wants to come on but somehow cant..along with alot of very strange ovary and dragging back pains very bloated belly etc im actualy feeling pretty spooked now ,am waiting for a scan at the moment,having missed one,and having cancelled three!
So hopefuly I will have some answers in a few weeks.
Anyway ,im pretty sure that whatevers wrong is playing havoc with my weight I just hope its nothing serious.
Soooooo anyway here I am!doing a weight diary ,in front of everyone on line haha!kinda figured it might help to keep me on track reading others stuff and talking...
Wishing everyone well!:) x

Good look with you weight loss, and yes I would go with the analog scale aswell ;-)

helllooooo..found you!

so you do have a diary, well done! :)

i once had digital scales on one of my many diets :rolleyes: and the readings were all over the place..i started taking the battery out and only inserting it for weigh ins..but even then, i didn't trust the readins, i has either lost lots, or nothing!!!

so i stick to the old fashioned scales, i bought them in a sale, they are medical scales like the type doctors use ...so i believe what they say! hee hee

Always use the same scales and weigh in at the same time approx same day every week for a true reading!

Good luck, you will be looking and feeling gorgeous at your 40th..mark my words!

I look forward to following your progress :)

Ahhhh thankyou sweety...yep bollix to those digi scales!i actualy genuinly dont believe them ..if two out of three are saying 14.10..12?
Then THATS what I am!must be! Im not however in a hurry to try myself on the doctors ones..lol!
Ahh it would be so nice to be feeling even a little bit georgous for my 40th...i have after all been planning to for about 20 years??lmao...what happened hun?....... haha xx

keep that incentive in your mind for your 40th.. what are your plans for the big day?

I wanted to be a slim 40...i wasn't!..now i want to be a slim 50!!!! :)

p.s. life really does begin at 40...i met my 2nd hubby 2 days after mine!

Ahhh thats lovely and inspiriing :)lots of people tell me this..40s are great..im not buying it at the moment I must say ,since I feel closer to 90! Ha...i dont really have any specific plans really,only that im going to make sure I have the best birthday ever!ive had a bit of a mad life,not all of it good to say the least,i kinda feel lucky to even be reaching 40 actualy ;-)but ive come a long way and feel celebration is in order!
I dont know how far off 50 you are ,but how about getting "slimmer" for MY 40th?lol...we,l do it togeather :) hugs to youzxxx

lilbitgeedy said:
Ahhh thats lovely and inspiriing :)lots of people tell me this..40s are great..im not buying it at the moment I must say ,since I feel closer to 90! Ha...i dont really have any specific plans really,only that im going to make sure I have the best birthday ever!ive had a bit of a mad life,not all of it good to say the least,i kinda feel lucky to even be reaching 40 actualy ;-)but ive come a long way and feel celebration is in order!
I dont know how far off 50 you are ,but how about getting "slimmer" for MY 40th?lol...we,l do it togeather :) hugs to youzxxx

Well I'm 48 and was slim at 40 and yeah I agree life for me got easier in my fortys sons didn't need me, and had time again to be me, and I don't want to be fat at fifty either so may join your gang. ..... and slim for your forthy ith.....

hi again, yep, good idea, lets see what we can all lose before your 40th birthday! I'm 10 months away from the big 5 O!!!!

Yes, life began at 40..new man..new location, new house....new baby!!!!! ;)

Im actualy starting to remember why I hated this sw way of eating...ive been on it nearly a week ,havnt lost a single oz,my stomachs constantly nawing like its eating itself constant headache ,and my blood sugar is absaloutly haywire.....frankly just feel depressed and unwell....,

And rose..done the new house part..no new man though ..and thanfuly there will never be a new baby either! Them days are over for me :) x

Awwww don't worry I'm sure someone will post something profound about SW - can't pretend to be an expert on the do's and don'ts myself but the one thing I've read over and over on the site is that you shouldn't be hungry. I must admit though that my blood sugar seemed to dip in the early days I think that I might have cut down to low on carbs... I struggle to lose weight quickly too, have stopped going to class and I'm taking at my own pace now. The weekly weigh in with a sts or 0.5lb loss was soooo depressing :cry:
We can do this though, unfortunately I didn't do it in time for my 40th (or 50th :whistle:)
You take care, remember your original resolve and let's just do it.

Hey,thankyou for that feedback muttimum its much appreciated.i think I know what the problem/problems are..ive been in a very hideous state of pmt for about 5 weeks now,it really has been bad:-/ but last night I came on!for the first time in two months..and I have NEVER been so delighted to have a p in my whole life!i have had blood sugar probs for a really long time and it gets way worse before a p..not the best time to start a very sugar and fat restricting diet really...so ive concluded that its sugar w/d thatouts been making me feel so ill.ive always found the GI way useful for balancing sugar levels out but I can see that if you really think about things ,you could turn this into a more gi thing.i think alot of it is very similar

Apart from the amount of fat you can have..for example,i wouldnt choose to eat so much fruit..but wpuld have a couple of oatcakes or something but I supose they are syns.i think the nawing hungry belly is because im not eating those white carbs like baked potatoes ,so having alot of slower releas brown rice etc and my stomach is processing it all...thats what it feels like,but it is constantly asking food!i think I am feelig a bit adolecent ,and resenting having to always think about food,wiegh up food,cook food,eat food..lol I feel like its taking over my lifr and for such a small weight loss?like I said ,just a bit of a childish tantrum really!now I have p...i may lose some of the hideous pmt weigjt aswell as maybe abit more

Sorry about multiple posts ,silly phone!
Anyway,thankyou fo:pr the encouragement ,and I will stick it out!i have to!lol...btw..are you following s/w too? What did you mean about people having something profound to say?lol ..thanks again!x

don't dwell on it hun, your next result may be totally different. I don't know anything about sw, but everyone has got to try all types of 'dieting' before we find what works best for us!

maybe once totm has passed, and you have lost any retaining water, then the scales will be kinder to you!

chin up hun..and keep going! :)

Thankyou,thats really kind rose..i do feel pretty miserable lol but have aquired second chest infection of the year too now..so what with that,the hormones and the diet..well,you know ;-) I hope you are feeling a bit better too..obviously I dont know ya..but noticed from comments you were feeling a bit rubbish too yesterday...this too shall pass eh :) x

ooh chest infection sounds nasty lovey, take care! when you are 100% well this whole dieting malarkey is so much easier eh? I feel a bit brighter today thanks.

Enjoy your monday!

Glad you feel a bit better rose nd yeah,feeling like absaloute crap..but..in a few days im sure I will be in a better place!thanks for being so supportive..have a good rest of monday too! :)

Just talking to meself really..and wroting my thoughts down ...i absaloutley CANNOT do this ****ing weight watchers diet a second longer...after the biggest low blood sugar anxiety attack,shaking from head to toe had to run into shop for lucozade.(never drink that stuff!) I finaly decided nope....back the the drawing board for me..

Back