Trying Exante again

MrsDSalvatore

Hi everyone

I'm new to the forum and trying Exante for the 3rd time. The first 2 times I didn't even make it past the first day.

I'm doing TS 3 packs per day but if I'm struggling I'm allowing myself an extra pack or a 200 cal meal and so far so good. I'm on 7 now. I found the first 5 days really easy. I really struggled yesterday but managed not to cave in to my cravings.

I'm not focusing on the numbers on the scales, I haven't even weighed myself. Too scared to be honest, I'm sure I have well over 100 lbs to lose and that seems like too much of a mountain to climb, so instead I'm focusing on how I feel and dropping dress sizes.

I'm currently a size 18/20 and even at those sizes my clothes are all getting too tight. I'd like to get down to a size 10/12.

I have a family holiday booked for next year, we're going to Florida in April. I'm hoping to be at my target by then, if not sooner. I'm just wondering if that's going to be possible on this diet?

Hi and good luck with the diet!.. I did some quick calculations and it's about 39/40 weeks till the beginning of April and if your target was 100lbs then you need 2.5 pounds a week on average, if your target is 120 pounds it would be 3 pounds a week. That is totally doable on the exante - from what I've read on diaries. I'm only on day 19 of exante (going well so far - fingers crossed).

You should get bigger losses in the first couple of weeks, I've read it's on average a stone a month if you stick to it. Well done for getting to day 7 - the first week can be hard!

Thank you, I'm feeling much more positive now I know the weight loss I'm hoping for is achievable. I've had the day from hell so far, not diet wise, just in general. Usually on days like today I would have turned to food by now, but I've managed to stay strong and not go back to old habits, so all in all feeling very proud of myself and much more determined to stick to the plan

That's really great you managed to get through a nightmare day without caving. Is it your first weigh-in tomorrow? If so good luck for that - I love weigh in day lol. Mine is on Wednesday so still a few more days for me. The weekends are the hardest on this diet and the first weekend probably hardest of all so well done on sticking to a diet. A holiday in Florida is a great motivator. Good luck for the week ahead!

Hiya and well done so far! I'm now on week 5. I fought with myself for the first 2 weeks and then it just becomes a habit. I'm glad I stuck to it. I've dropped a dress size and lost two chins already! Good luck...you can do it xx

I'm into my second week now and apart from a couple of small slip ups I've stuck to the plan 100% I haven't been weighing myself, after spending ages plucking up the courage to see how much I weigh, I found the batteries in my scales were dead! I can tell that I've lost weight though and inches too. One of my favourite tops was tight on me a few weeks ago and now it's actually feeling loose on me. Also my back and knees would hurt after being on my feet for a while and now I'm finding I'm not in nearly as much pain. I can't believe the difference after just a few days! I wouldn't say I ever really feel hungry now, peckish maybe, but not starving like I was at the start. It's more of a mental hunger now. I'm determined to stay strong though.

Good luck to everyone else for this week :)

That's fantastic! I'm so happy you stuck to it and got through the first week.

I'm trying to keep myself busy with small goals to occupy my mind, I've only really craved something to eat a few times (I'm on day 27) so that's not too bad. It's the tediousness that will get me so I've got to keep it at bay. Good luck for the next week!

Last edited:
Back