Trying to get it together by the big 5-0, FairyCakes rants and raves.

I tried doing this as a blog, but after writing it, it said I do not have a blog, so it is out there someplace in cyberspace I suppose, so will do my daily writing here instead.

I was 105-110 pounds all thru high school and into my third year at University. Both my insomnia and binge eating disorder appeared at the same time, and that is now 27 years ago, so a very very long time to have to deal with both these disorders.

It is a case of been there done that for me in terms of self help and professional help. You name it, I have done it/tried it to get well. Including a 5 month stint at a very expensive day treatment eating disorder program here in NY, at the time it cost my insurance company $ 37,000 ( about 20,000 quid ).

I have wrecked my metabolism by yo yoing back and forth so many times, that now no matter what I do, how much I eat or don't eat, how much I exercise ( and I own my own treadmill and stationary bike and belong to Curves ) or don't exercise, whether I go low carb, high carb, carnivore or full on vegan, I can not get the scale to go below 169. That is obese for me, as I am only 5 foot one, and my max should be no more than 132, but 125 would be more reasonable and it would still be 15-20 pounds more than my Uni days, so I have been liberal about it, I don't expect at nearly 50 to be what I was at 22, don't want my face to become drawn anyhow, so 125 is fine, hey at this point even 140 sounds damned good to me.

Slimming World online is not helping at all, I just wasted 60 quid with them, I have spent so much time, money and effort over the years, I am simply worn out.

I do hope somehow, that there will be a happy ending to this 27 year old miserable soap opera. :(

Hello,
I hope that this site helps you, there's a load of great people that offer great advice and support.
Best wishes.

Back