Trying to lose weight during refeed! (Ideas?!)

pigtotwig

OK wonderful slimmers and maintainers!
I've posted a thread with a few questions on but I thought this one's a little bit different to those and responses could give me a really good idea of my pathway to maintaining a healthy weight after refeed :p

I rang the Lipotrim helpline thismorning to ask if basically after I finish the TFR I could do a few weeks of replacing a two meals with a maintainence formula and then refeed after I've lost a few lbs, that way I could reach my goal on refeed.

Though... they said I MUST follow refeed RELIGIOUSLY after the TFR and THEN I can do that type of thing.

With that in mind...
Per say I was to finish the TFR, refeed to the latter for one week and THEN for 1-2 weeks eat 2 meals a day and one maintanence formula...

1. Would I need to refeed AGAIN after that or move straight onto maintanence (using day 4-7s meal suggestion plan)?

2. Would I lose weight doing that?

3. Has anyone refed that way/a unique way of their own, or done anything to continue losing weight/maintaining their own way after refeed and been successful?

All replies would be appreciated, thanks guys!!! :heartpump: :heartpump: :heartpump:

I must be being incredibly thick today because I can't get my head round the alternatives so I'm not going to be much help I'm sorry.

Can you not stay on TFR till you reach your goal? Then you can just refeed properly and concentrate on maintaining.... just a thought :)

I hope you get more help hon. You've done really well up to now, good luck with the rest of your journey. xx

OH! As for maintaining - you'll find we try all kinds of different things. Low GI/GL, WW, SW, CC with the help of 'My fitness pal' .. we all have to find a way that suits us and some of us are still looking! Maintenance is a long (never ending really) journey and damned hard work, but it's where we all want to be and better than being at the start of the weightloss journey. Even though that's the easy bit!

Again good luck with finding your way :) xx

Last edited:
I must be being incredibly thick today because I can't get my head round the alternatives so I'm not going to be much help I'm sorry.

Can you not stay on TFR till you reach your goal? Then you can just refeed properly and concentrate on maintaining.... just a thought :)

I hope you get more help hon. You've done really well up to now, good luck with the rest of your journey. xx

Hehe! No problem, I have 13 lbs to lose so I'm guessing I'll lose 6-8 lbs in the next two weeks on lipotrim and then I do fancy switching to refeed as I don't want to continue losing too much after I hit goal, so if I were to hit goal and then refeed I think I'd lose more than needs be, so to lose on refeed sounds more convenient really, I spent hours today writing up an eating plan so I'm going to give that a bash!
TFR 2 MORE WEEKS -
REFEED WEEK -
2-3 WEEKS OF 2 MEALS AND 1 LIPOTRIM FORMULA -
DAY 3-7 REFEED -
MAINTAIN WITHOUT LIPOTRIM FORMULAS BUT STICK TO DAY 4-7 MEAL PLAN, SWITCHING THE FORMULAS FOR A LIGHT BREKKIE

I will probably live by the day 4-7 plan, it seems a good round up for a healthy lifestyle, substituting some foods and introducing them slowly, keeping an eye on the scales! xx

sounds like good advice to me i was thinking of going on the maintenace to lose weight on just because theres more choice and its cheaper too x

Hey hun,
It is not necessarily cheaper- remember you need to add in the cost of food again!! But yes much more choice :)

Hiya Hun... When I was on LT first time round? When I stopped I did day 1 for two weeks and then day 2 for two weeks then slowly added the other items over the following weeks...

I continued to lose and my pharmacy and doctor wad happy with me doing that....

Will ido it that way again HELL YEAH lol I still lost 3 lb a week for week 1 and 2 and then 2lb and 1 1/2 pound the following...

Hope that helps... Xx good luck in what ever you chose

Hiya Hun... When I was on LT first time round? When I stopped I did day 1 for two weeks and then day 2 for two weeks then slowly added the other items over the following weeks...

I continued to lose and my pharmacy and doctor wad happy with me doing that....

Will ido it that way again HELL YEAH lol I still lost 3 lb a week for week 1 and 2 and then 2lb and 1 1/2 pound the following...

Hope that helps... Xx good luck in what ever you chose

Hi Amanda, haven't heard from you in ages......how's it going? X

I'm fine thanks Sandra... Lots of new faces on here... How's the job etc Good I hope xx

Brilliant thx Amanda, like I never had two years off! X

Back