Trying to loss weight on hips ! any ideas ?

wannabesize10

Silver Member
Hi All,

I am currently on a vlcd ...it's working fine however i have a big problem in the hip area
i am amazed i can ware a size 10 skirt that sits on my waist but i am still a 12-14 in jeans that sit near hips and baggy on waist

i have read about hula hooping and hubby just got me a spin bike will this help at all
anyone reduced there hip size ?

is it hip bone or bum size?
is it fleshy on hips?
if so spinning will be great o burn the fat,
but tone the glutes and it will pull everything in, eg. like squats etc.
thus you will be tighter more firm = smaller on the bottom area.

Unfortunately it's not possible to spot reduce fat but toning can help the appearance of the area and the muscle tone. BUT on the hips is it fat or just wide hip bones? Women have wider hips and some are a LOT wider than others so that would be the first thing to consider. Also on a VLCD I believe you have to be careful of the level of activity you do due to the lack of calories so high impact cardio like spinning may be too much. Swimming is the best for all over toning

Hi - Thanks so much for replys, yes i have to admit i do have some extra fat their but also now i am sad i realise i do ave wide hip bones :( ... so maybe i just won't make a size 10 jean because if this ! what a pain !

Like Taz said you can't really spot fat reduce but cardio work like spinning helps with toning the legs as would (and I'll try to explain it the best I can)

Do a squat then as you come out of the squat lift one leg to the side, then down into a squat then lift the other leg to the side - do this as a continuous loop - aim to do between 12-20 (each side) reps for 3 sets.

Also leg lifts (lying on the floor) will help.

Back