Trying to regain focus for September?

As ive had a bad week where it has felt like everything has gone wrong (not just the weight) :banghead:, I have finally woken up today feeling that I am ready to get back on track and this in itself warranted the start of a new thread. Plus its september tomorrow and i thought i should set myself a new REALISTIC September goal. This month I hope to get to the gym 4 times a week and aim for 1 litre of water a day. However easy it sounds, I am not getting to grips with the water.:tear_drop:
I would like to get my weight down to 11 stone 5 by the end of September. I know this may not seem like a lot but its approx a loss of just over 1lb a week and will take me one step to getting closer to a normal bmi.
I think for me i must avoid any bingeing sessions :eatdrink051:this month which may be easier to avoid as fasting between sunrise and sunset this month.
So heres to anyone hoping to regain focus for September! :party0011:
x

just a lil query as i cant get this water intake right, how do others manage to drink the water? do you aim for large amounts or do you drink so many glasses with each meal or sip throughout the day. would be good to know how others manage it.
btw - started the mini goal of pampering myself and slapped a face mask on earlier today and slapped tonnes of moisturiser on hands and covered with lil white cotton gloves so that the cream soaks through!!! yes, im typing with the cotton gloves!!! lol
x

those are nice realistic goals mate :D

same as mine almost....i am aiming for 1lb a week :party0011:

we can do this hun! :flowers:

and as for the water...i just carry a bottle round with me...as long as its in my hand..i seem to drink it!! :bliss:

Sabina I am still struggling with losing my last stone. I am doing CD on the 1000 calorie plan. My aim for September is to stick to my CD plan and not deviate, so I should hopefully lose at least 7 pounds by the end of September.

In respect of drinking water the only way I can do it is when I am in a routine and I drink 1.5 to 2 litres a day. I have to have it room temperature (find I can drink more) and make myself drink one glass shorlty after I wake up, and sip another glass whilst I get ready. At work I have a 1.5 litre bottle which I drink throughout the day. When I get home I drink another glass and then have another to sip. I try to avoid drinking late evening otherwise I am up through the night. The key for me is keeping a routine that makes me drink water. I was like a camel before, I could go days without drinking water! Good luck for September.

yes totty - youre right - we can do this!!!
kira - i like your idea of a glass when you wake up and a glass as you get ready, makes it seem achievable as yes i could go days without water if i wanted.
Totty, i didnt set myself a timescale as to when i want to get under 11 stone, but i hope it is ok to join you and aim to get under 11 stone for Chrsitmas. Would be the best Christmas gift we could give ourselves, dont you think?
I was feeling a bit less motivated but reading your posts has helped so I'm off to netball practice (I wasnt going to bother) and i will drink a glass of water before I go.
Heres to supporting each other and providing MOTIVATION to finally reach some more goals in september. Totty, i dont know about you, but I feel that as theres not much to go I have not been as focused as I know it can be done so heres to making the right choices and staying focused.
Thanks
x

You've all lost so much, so well done. I'm only going into week 4 next week and have just lost 19lb. I'd like to lose the same again in September..
Keep going

wow percy 19lbs in 4 weeks!!! thats great. What sort of diet are you following? If i can manage 4lbs in 4 weeks I will be happy as long as its a steady loss.
Just got back from netball which was okay so off for a shower but seeing as my mini goal for september includes lots of pampering, im actually going to have a long soak instead!! bring on the radox!!
btw kira, i just keep pouring a cup and leaving it near me and it seems to be getting drunk. On my third cup now so hopefully should get at least a litre down me today which is more than i ever manage.
good luck totty with your 4lbs for september, Kira with your 7lbs and percy with a wopping aim of 19lbs!!!
keep us posted on how youre doing as i really do need the motivation to not stray!!
x

Hope you are still drinking your water Sabina?! I must update my signature, that will help me focus for September each time I post. By the way, try Volvic water or Buxton. There are certain mineral waters I can drink easily and others I just don't like the taste of. M&S still water is awful! Mind you even bottled water i have to drink at romm temp. At home I drink tap water filtered in a Brita filter at room temp. Will find out how you do with the water drinking tomorrow evening.

yes totty - youre right - we can do this!!!
kira - i like your idea of a glass when you wake up and a glass as you get ready, makes it seem achievable as yes i could go days without water if i wanted.
Totty, i didnt set myself a timescale as to when i want to get under 11 stone, but i hope it is ok to join you and aim to get under 11 stone for Chrsitmas. Would be the best Christmas gift we could give ourselves, dont you think?
I was feeling a bit less motivated but reading your posts has helped so I'm off to netball practice (I wasnt going to bother) and i will drink a glass of water before I go.
Heres to supporting each other and providing MOTIVATION to finally reach some more goals in september. Totty, i dont know about you, but I feel that as theres not much to go I have not been as focused as I know it can be done so heres to making the right choices and staying focused.
Thanks
x

I just said a fond fairwell to my last chinese takeaway for a few weeks :innocent0001:

gonna stay focused...i have to...i can do it!!!

we should do a weekly weigh in for me and you :beam: LOL

just a lil query as i cant get this water intake right, how do others manage to drink the water? do you aim for large amounts or do you drink so many glasses with each meal or sip throughout the day.

Bottles of water (tap) sipped throughout the day. I aim to get through 4 75cl bottles.

totty - think that sounds like a plan as we want to lose similar amounts for christmas. we could start a new thread or just carry on here.
Kira - I was so proud of me yesterday - I was drinking perfectly clear still water in strawberry and kiwi flavour and managed about 5 x 250ml cups throughout the day that i actually forgot that i hadnt eaten all day!!!!! crazy or what. i was determined to get the water thing right yesterday.
I had approx 300mls this morning when i woke up in the early hours as I am now fasting for a few weeks so can eat after 8pmish and wll try and get the rest of the water down then too. I made the mistake of stepping on the scales and had put on a few pounds with all that water but think its cos im bloated.
Its gonna be girly time soon so will get a few days off from fasting anyway.
How are you managing Kira with your diet?
Thanks for your advice too WillowFae. What diet are you on?
x

I'm doing (currently struggling and going through a doubting phase) Weight Watchers.

Be careful with the flavoured waters as a lot of them are quite high in calories.

struggling!

Hi everyone, I'm not following one particular diet, just healthy eating and lots of exercise (walking, wii fit & dvd daily). Have lost 26lbs so far but still have 80lb odd to go till goal, feeling a bit down but have only got myself to blame really - stayed the same the last 2 weeks and in the last 6 (school hols i'm school secretary) i was hoping or thought i would lose at least 1/2 a stone but that wasn't to be!
I've been on hols 3 times so didn't eat properly also drank a bit (lot) of wine lol and when i thought i would do more exercise i think i actually did less! But i did tell myself at least i haven't gained i did actually LOSE 3 lb all be it in 6 long weeks. So now i am hoping that by getting back to my routine (started yesterday) and going back to work (tomorrow) that i will soon lose that next 1/2 a stone. Good luck to everyone *we can do it*:D
Sorry for the rambling had to get that off my chest!

I've enjoyed reading this thread and wish you all the very best of luck. Being realistic about how much we can lose is sometimes a key factor in finally reaching goal. It can be disheartening to read of huge losses week after week when we ourselves can't seem to achieve them. I used to struggle with the water too - so used to drink the minimum amount recommended and add things like mint tea or black coffee to relieve the tedium!

A steady 1-2lb every week is a truly realistic weight loss target and we all know the old saying - the slower you lose it, the longer it is likely to stay off.

For those who lose very fast - wonderful. We seem to start off losing like lightning. When the loss slows we start to lose confidence. Just stick at it and remember how far you have come in your mental attitude to slimming as well as your actual loss. It's an ongoing process. You're re-educating yourself not just in regard to food and eating but in regard to life in general - how to cope without using food like a comfort, a friend or a mind-altering drug!

You can do it, and you will.

:party0048: i done us a new thread sabina in weekly weigh in :D

anyone else can feel free to join us :smoke:

Sorry, but my computer at home has not been allowing to get onto the minimins site - not sure whats going on so Im at work catching up.
Doing really well with the water - Kira - checked the calories and 1 calorie per 100ml and 0 saturated fat, so not too worried - at least i'm managing to get more fluid down than I was. Once the weight stops going down then I may have to relook at everything carefully but i know if im good and watch the portions then it can be done!!!
Totty how are you doing???
Totty, Im happy to start a new thread for those of us who simply want to lose 1lb a week or just the 2 of us and anyone in a simlar boat can join us. I think people in a similar boat have found us on here too!!!
Ive been good this week!!!! stepped on the scales totty and although not an official weigh in it looks like im back down to 11 stone 8 - but cannot be 100% sure. But can be sure that its closer to 11and a half than 12 stone - so theres some motivation for you so that we stay on track togethr!!! Its probably because of all the stress ive had with my ex husband these past few days which im hoping is now finally resolved. I am however going to my mums tonight for my tea so im sure that weight wont last!!! Mums chicken and chips!!!!! weight gain at least 5lbs to be expected!!!!But will get back on track straight after. Havent been to the gym this week and have some friends coming round on friday night and cooking tonnes of food!!!! but im not too worried. Know that im doing ok and staying positive about the weight.
Came back to work this week and the nice thing was that people noticed i had lost weight - or maybe toned more, and i made an effort to dress nicely and spent more time choosing clothes etc which really does help the old self- confidence.
So I wont be changing the ticker as might only get weighed every 2 weeks this month officially on the fancy scales at the gym. Although i know im checking the scales at home.
Totty - I can FEEL 11 stone 7 lbs!!! I feel like im so close to touching it!!!! lol
Hope youre all staying focused!!
x

managed to get through the gorgeous tea at my mums and managed not to have seconds!!! also ended up going back to the gym tonight as hadnt done any exercise since sunday so feeling ok. Hope i havent done too much damage to this weeks weight loss!!
have my glass of water by my side... i lurrrvveee the water!!!- NOT!!!! but must admit the strawberry and kiwi perfectly still water from sainsburys is very nice!!
hope youre all ok.
x

wow your doing good with the water thing! :) only just found this thread. I'm excited about loosing the weight in september, I think in August I only lost a pound but now I'm going to the gym again, its taken me a long time to loose the weight that I had, and some people on here loose it really quick and then aim too high, its always best to have a realistc goal.

Hi Georige star
either with me and totty its about realistic goals or maybe its to do with LAZYNESS!!!! sorry totty - i know with me sometimes its because i know i can shift the final weight that im not as fussed...lol. BUT totty and i have pledged to lose the final few pounds by christmas.
Georgie star it seems you already have a normal bmi so youre already doing so well.

Totty ive been having trouble looging on at home, my internet doesnt like the minimins address and its taken at least 20 attempts to get in - but i wont give up. now that im in gonna try to not do anything to upset it so i can hopefully catch up on all the threads.
Hosting a dinner party tonight but then thats it no reasons for indulgence. checked the weight as was worried but dont seem to have done any damage so ive decided to enjoy tonight and look forward to the weigh in next week. totty how are you doing?
x

Back