Trying to start again

lil miss chatterbox

Silver Member
Hi all,

I have decided to try to shift this weight once again. I stopped paying so much attention to what I was eating around easter time when my hubby was very unwell, but never quite got started again. Either way, it meant since January 2015 I have gained 2 stone :( and really need to have another go. I'm going to be calorie counting this time round, and trying to change my bad habits one at a time (such as comfort eating, not being active etc.) I'm basing my daily calorie allowances on 85% of my BMR, and plan to lose weight slowly and steadily so it will stay off!

Today's calorie allowance: 1843
Will post later my food for the day.

Thank you :)

Thank you and good luck!

Good luch with your journey. I have gained 2 stone'ish myself - in very small period of time and trying to get back on track too.
So i wish you good luck and hope you get where you want to get.
Smiles

Thanks. Good luck to you. You seem to be doing so well! :)

So day 1 over, and I managed to stick within my calorie allowance.
B/F: special K red berries porridge with semi skimmed milk (182), yoghurt (100), satsuma
(36), advent calendar chocolate (20)
Snack: 1 slice toast (93), margarine (53)
Lunch: WW chicken soup (92), 2 slices bread (186), 25g cheese (120), crisps (96)
Dinner: 1 scotch pie (347), boiled potatoes (150), broccoli (29), broad beans (73)
Supper: small portion apple crumble (185), 75ml custard (75)

Day's total: 1837

I have a feeling today will be a little harder, since I'm out and about, but I will try to make good decisions.

So I think today went well for me. Food for day:
B/F: apple & cherry oatso simple. (228), Tropicana (120)
Snack: curly wurly (118), J2O 250ml (68)
Lunch: 12 inch ham & chicken sub (subway) (556), 1/2 smartie cookie (120)
Dinner: 75g spaghetti (263), homemade Bolognese (220)
Supper: curly wurly (118)

Total: 1811

put on my pedometer today and have done 13,000 steps! Not bad considering my average is between 3,500 and 5,000! Only thing is I now have a very sore hip!

Thanks PP. Yes hubby seems to be doing well, just still trying to get full lung capacity back, and restrengthen muscles again. Got the email about minis reopening, and thought maybe this was a good time to restart. I've been away for so long I didn't actually realise minis had closed for a while. :oops:

Hi LMC, good luck!!! Looks like you have made a great start.
13,000 steps is amazing!!

I'm on calorie counting too. Do you use anything to count up? I find the myfitnesspal app really useful.

When are you going to do your first weigh in?

Hi LMC, good luck!!! Looks like you have made a great start.
13,000 steps is amazing!!

I'm on calorie counting too. Do you use anything to count up? I find the myfitnesspal app really useful.

When are you going to do your first weigh in?
Welcome and good luck to you. I have a myfitnesspal account, but haven't updated in a long time. I'm just using a notepad and pen, and reading packaging information. Anything I don't know, I can look up on myfitnesspal or google :)

Good luck. Like you I am restarting. Getting the email about minis has given me the proverbial kick I needed. I lost 2 stone for my wedding in September but was still an overweight bride. Want to lose about 4 stone but will evaluate when I get nearer to goal as don't want to look scrawny just slim and trim. My aim is to get into size 12 to 14 .

Hi good luck on your journey. I'm quite lucky in that if I eat the right sort of foods weight drops off me pretty well. I lost about 5 stone in 3 months last time but I'm thinking it will be a bit harder this time as I'm on quite high doses of medication which can cause weight gain. Fingers crossed though! U seem to be doing really well and I've enjoyed reading this post xxx

Good luck. Like you I am restarting. Getting the email about minis has given me the proverbial kick I needed. I lost 2 stone for my wedding in September but was still an overweight bride. Want to lose about 4 stone but will evaluate when I get nearer to goal as don't want to look scrawny just slim and trim. My aim is to get into size 12 to 14 .
Welcome and good luck to you. Like you I'm eventually aiming for size 12/14. I never wanted to be skinny, just healthy, and to be able to have a better relationship with food, rather than it being a source of comfort, or eating because I'm bored or stressed.

Hi good luck on your journey. I'm quite lucky in that if I eat the right sort of foods weight drops off me pretty well. I lost about 5 stone in 3 months last time but I'm thinking it will be a bit harder this time as I'm on quite high doses of medication which can cause weight gain. Fingers crossed though! U seem to be doing really well and I've enjoyed reading this post xxx
Welcome to you. Wow, 5 stone in 3 months is amazing! Hope the new meds don't cause too much of an issue with your weight loss. Keep positive :)

Glad to hear hubs is better. How are the kids doing? And didn't you just move house before we lost touch? How's it going. I can't believe it's December already, where did the year go? Are you all organised or are you like me and really disorganised (as per usual for me).
kids are doing well. Kyle is now in school full time, and settling in, though it isn't always plain sailing. Kimberly is well settled into her new school. They go to different primary schools, so morning and afternoon timings can be interesting! Little Martin has grown up too quickly, and is now 17 months old. New house is great. Lots more work to do, but nearly finished unpacking (only taken 15 months so far, but we have got rid if a lot of unnecessary things in the process). Christmas decorations are up, presents all bought and wrapped, Christmas cards sent out, so I guess well organised! I took last year out of studying for my OU degree in the end, just too much with new baby and moving house, but I have started again this year. 18 months to go til I finish :)

So yesterday's food:
B/F: 2 slices banana bread (476), advent chocolate (20)
Snack: cadbury's hot chocolate (120), 4 rich tea fingers (88)
Lunch: ham sandwich (227), can of rio tropical (153), 3 hobnobs (213)
Dinner: 2 venison sausages (118), 150g crinkle cut oven chips (267), peas (65), broad beans (73)

Total: 1820

Back