Trying to start again

Thank you :)

Ok, so yesterday's food:
B/F: 3 weetabix (191), 175ml semi skimmed milk (96), 1tsp sweetener (2), advent chocolate (20), yoghurtnot (100)
Snack: 1/2 apple (25), 1/2 satsuma (18), 1/2 banana (35), 250ml fanta orange (73)
Lunch: BBQ beef instant noodles (466), 25g cheese (104), onion rings (70)
Dinner: 1.5 pork chops (340), homemade roasted potatoes (frylited, not oiled) (180), broccoli (29), carrots (34)
Snack: 4 squares chocolate (92)
Total: 1875
Bit over today, but not by too much.

Feeling good today, and actually looking forward to weigh in on Friday :)

Looking good, lots of fruit and veggies in there :)
Hope you get rewarded at weigh in time for all your hard work and dedication x

So yesterday was going well, until the evening when I sabotaged myself with chocolate. I have a couple of OU deadlines for next week (well in 5 & 7 days), and I started panicking, and treated the symptoms with chocolate. Exactly what I need to stop doing. Anyway, I will draw a line underneath, and jump back on the wagon. One day shouldn't be too detrimental for my weight loss, only if I let it become a regular occurrence. Anyone got any ideas to help me stop doing this in the future? Would love to hear.
Yesterday's food:
B/F: 50g cornflakes (193), 175ml semi skimmed milk (84), 1tsp sweetener (2)
Snack: banana (70), 8 red vines (300), galaxy hot chocolate (157)
Lunch: cheese sandwich (290), satsuma (36), yoghurt (100), crisps (96), 125ml 7up cherry (49)
Dinner: 1/2 ostrich fillet (70), carrots (36), peas (65), mashed potatoes (237)
Supper: 100g chocolate (550)
Total: 2335

So been a busy hectic couple of days, and not gone entirely to plan, but back on the straight and narrow now. Weighed in this morning with a 5lb loss, so very happy :D and it's given me a boost to not give up. Now to plan today's food...

So January's nearly over, and I've not progressed anywhere (neither up nor down)! I've been trying, but planning and preparing proper food from scratch takes lots of time and effort, and with 3 kids and studying open uni full time this year, I have definitely not been on plan! I have set myself a challenge for February though which should help, and that is to actually do some exercise - just 20 minutes per day, five days a week - which will have to be first thing in the morning before the kids are up, as I'm a morning person and the thought of exercising in the evening would probably send me to sleep! My other challenge is to actually wear my pedometer. I'm not going to set a personal step goal at the moment though, I just want a feel for what I am currently doing so I can gradually build up. Food wise, I have written up some lists for myself of meals that are healthy, easy and convenient, and a few treats too, so I can glance at the list and choose sensibly without the hassle of hunting nutrition information.

Planning and making food from scratch definitely takes a lot of time. I've been experimenting with batch cooking lately, which can save time on weeknights, but only if you have a good chunk of time to devote to the batch cooking each weekend! And plenty of freezer/fridge space. Your method of a list of easy, healthy meals might be more sensible. :)

Happy to report a 2lb loss this week :D. Still got lots of tweaking to do to my 'diet', but at least I've made a start. My OH is trying to lose weight too, so at least I have some moral support at home.

Back