Tuesday Hour X Hour

hehe 'morning' all I just woke up can't believe it! I work nightshift but usually I'm still up by around 2pm. The lazy bones I am, feel great after the long sleep though must have needed it.

Also feeling alot better after a tough weekend on the diet, 2 parties with buffets and feeling left out of them and the choc egss was really tough for me, and I felt really down about the diet, but back to my usual positive LL loving self now!

hello everyone, just got in and my house is bliddy freezing! Can hardly type, my hands are sooo cold!

Well, I bought an electric blanket, the cheapest one was out of stock :rolleyes: so paid £27 for it, just put it on the bed and it says it takes an hour to warm up! Arghghgh!!

But you can keep it on all night which sounds good to me!

Am off out tonight, not sure what to do about my Mayday challenge, think I'll pop in for a WI tomorrow, as it was meant to be tonight, but commitments say otherwise!

Got British Gas coming tomorrow "sometime between 8am and 6pm":mad: so will need to leave work when they are near to let them in.

I sooooo hope they can fix the heating, it ain't fun! Plus, I'm having a spray tan Thursday after work, so I need to have a long hot, exfoliating shower!!! Think I'll be going round my friends house for that!!

Brrrrrr!

Hope you're all toasty warm!!

Evening one and all ...... been one of them there days today, none stop!

But .... I've bought my bike! Bought the one I put the pic on of (in red) - got it at another garage where it was a couple of hundred cheaper. Don't get it for about a week though, have to wait until the DVLA and the garage swap chassis numbers for reg numbers etc --- just been phoning round for insurance (as you have to have that before they'll give you the bike) - got a good quote in the end though - £178 fully comp so I'm going with that one.

I'm on training tomorrow so it's a bit of an easy day - Advanced Excel Formula & Functions --- sadly I know that I'll enjoy it as I've enjoyed all the other Excel ones I've done.

Have got a bit of a quandry with the diet in relation to my new job though - I've been doing this and haven't told the people that I've been working with and I've 'got away' with it. Now though in this new job I have to go away with the other members of the senior team which includes the 9 people who work in the areas I'll be managing ---- I have to go on a 2 day course next week and then a 3 day course at the end April/beginning of May which includes a 1 night residential and then another 1 day course at beginning of June. So whereas my current colleagues don't have a clue I'm going to have to start this new post with all these new people by explaining what I'm doing -- I'm prepared to do this but I've got to say I'm dreading it but it has to be done - I can't get away with not eating with them as they are working lunches and yes I could pull a tummy/tooth ache excuse if it were just a one off, but can't do that for a 2 day and then a 3 day - they'd think I'm a never-well and that's not a good start to a new job ------- arghhhhhhhh --- how typically frustrating!

Bex, sorry to hear about Tahlia's head, really hope that she is okay.

Corey, you're gonna be missing those fillings - they're part of the furniture now :D

Katie - you never know this could work very well in your favour - the management team might view you as a well disciplined and motivated person! I say tell em all!

Really all you have to say is at the moment you are on a medically controlled diet, adn won;t be havng meals with everyone on these trainings. Very doubtful andyone who doesn't know you would push for further information, and if you feel comfortable with them, you might like to tell them more. Really it will be up to you and your comfort level....but I do so understand your quandry. I am sure you will handle it most gracefully and all will go well. :)

Many congrats on your bike! I bet you can't wait to pick it up! :D

Cheers for the advice BL, I'll just see how it goes on the day and see how the group appear .... I only know one of the people and that's only vaguely.

Corey that's a really lovely and positive way of looking at it, thanks for that --- might be using that.

It's funny but a lot of this course involves looking at things and analysing them - got to do 3 psychometric tests before I start and then you get a 1 hour telephone feedback/coaching session - got to say I'm really looking forward to it all ---- all very exciting and challenging!

Oh that really is good news Bex, made up to hear that - thanks for letting us know :)

Back