TUESDAY "Lets do it hour by hour"

Thanks Slimseaa - I've spent too long just ignoring it to be honest - I should be caned!

Re my day today - got out of work early, left at 3 with plan of coming home and seeing kids for a few hours and then going to aqua aerobics ---- was driving down motorway when I've run over some piece of plastic (I think it was) in the lane and my car then started smelling of fumes (told hubby on phone it was smelling of petrol - his answer was 'well that's worrying cos you've got a diesel!' --- hmph men :) ) - anyway my lad has put a plastic picnic plate on the floor under my car and it looks like I'm leaking oil --- so no gym for me tonight or work tomorrow as I'll have to get hubby to check it out in the morning (he's on afternoons so at work now).

Hi everyone

Thanks so much for all your links, and names of agency's- I really appreciate that. I have been gutted all day for Kathy and Steve. I just cannot get my head around what a fearful thing for them to be facing and just how much each of their lives are going to change. Thank god they have each other.

I just spoke to Kathy, and as I expected she sounds a bit numb and is still herself trying to get her head around it. Steve picked up the phone first, and I just didn't know what to say. Its just such a shame. Its made me very sad for them. I know with hard work and patience, rehabilitation will take place and Steve will learn to live a 'normla'life again, but it can't be easy. I just sat here for a few moments with my eyes closed, imagining, and I didn't like it one bit.

ANd its scary. So yes, Katie, you get through this to take care of yourself if nothing else!!! All of us - lets really make it to goal, for our healths sake and for the sake of our loved ones. I would never want to put my DH through that. It is a bit of a wake up call. Life is short. Life is precious. SO many things taken for granted, that can be gone like that <snap!>

Thanks again everyone. More group hugs to all.

XXX

now that's a pain in the backside Katie :sigh: (the car)
I had so many plans for this week as I'm off work but yesterday a cold started coming out... still mucked out my spare room... today... full blown sore throat, headache, cold and coughing like some one who smokes 80 a day! (I don't smoke!)
someone please tell me my immune system will improve as I get fitter! It's only a month or so since I had a cold followed by sinusitis!!!:mad:

Katie - well done for addressing the diabetes issue. My Dad is now insulin dependent, he never took it seriously and still doesn't really. It's so frightening when I hear what's happened to BL's friends.

Last edited:
Hi guys- had a busy day with lectures and such so only just made it on.
BL- I really dont know what to say what hasnt already been said. What a terrible shame for your friends and what a horrible thing to have to go through. At least he has the support of his wife- imagine if he was on his own it would be worse. Although, of course thats no consolation- but well, I guess there is no words of comfort at the moment.
Ill be thinking of them. xx

Casey- I know how you are feeling- whenever your feeling down try to remember how good you felt after ur first weigh in- that alone has got to give u a bit of a kick up the bum? Stick with it =]

Hope everyone is good xxx

I have no idea if I'm making the soup wrong or not. When I make it, there is this really fine gritty stuff at the bottom and it really grosses me out. I had decided to stop having the soups but thought I'd give it another go today. My LLC said it must be the minerals they add. Anyway, I usually heat the water in the kettle, add the boiled water to my jug, add the mix and then mix it with a hand blender. Maybe I'm putting too much water? I put 300 ml today. Sometimes, I'll add 200 ml. I really wish I could like it! :cry:

I'm loving the bars, though! I'm so happy to be able to chew something. Does anyone know why we can't have more than 7 a week? Does that mean only 1 a day? I know on the wrapper it says something about eating too much causing a laxative effect, though. Maybe that's why? I wish I could have 2 a day at least. :p

SO, I'm still hanging in there. I'm not giving in to temptation (and my family are having pizza tonight!...my FAVOURITE!) :eek:

Hi Everyone

I'm back from my 2 days in Grimsby - thankfully don't have to go back tomorrow - I now have 2 free days :party0011:

The news for all is mixed today, isn't it?

Sad news and glad news. I wish all those who are sad and going through a difficult time all the love in the world in support.

I have had one or 2 minor blips in my first week. Sunday (very stressed) i did trip up but with a bit of protein. Today I had a business lunch, was too embarrassed to tell the people I was with that i was abstaining and so ordered a chicken caesar salad. I left everything but ate the 5 small slithers of grilled and unsauced pieces of chicken. I moved the salad round the bowl, tossed the croutons about it then put my cutlery down. Noone said a word other than asking if `i was ok and I said `i was not hungry.:eek:

Tomorrow is my week 1 weigh in. Fingers crossed I will have improved on my 2kg drop in weight loss. I got on the scales when i got in tonight and i think i have but i won't be seeing a 10 or 11lb loss.

But its all a start and i am proud that being on my own for 2 days in a lonely hotel room without my hubby and kiddies has not left me reaching for the biscuit barrell.

Enjoy your evening folks xxxx

Last edited:
Casey...I, like you, totally can NOT stand the soup. I find it so vile!

I also think life would be SO much easier if we could just have two bars a day, but then, if I'm wishing for something I wish we could have four bars a day...well if I'm wishing anyway I wish it was two Mars bars and two Snickers bars!

I'm sure we'll get in a groove and the food will get easier!

Well I couldn't go to the gym due to having no car but I have done my crunches and got positive comments off 2 of my kids about how much better I can do them now --- also have just been for a walk down to the shop with my youngest (I actually chose to go!!!!) which I've never done before ----- in fact the last time I can remember walking down there properly was when I used to be going to the bus stop to get the bus to school!

Back