Tuesday weigh-in

hiya i had 3pounds loss this week and thats on my 'time of the month week' so very happy with it.
im happy with the way things are going its slow but i can see results and still eat nice food but more healthy and just be aware of the choices and ammounts:)

Dmsbj said:
Hi ,,
My 2nd weigh in is at 9:00 in the morning !! Can't wait iv lost 8 lbs last week ,, don't think that much this week ..
Girls iv got a silly question but when uv got ur period does ur weight go up a bit ??

i think that as long as its a loss its a win.
ive actually been reading on the period and weight and munchies etc.
most of women do put on betwen 2 and 4pounds. some of it is down to water retention but it can also be down to food so you need to make sure you eat healthy foods.however our bodies burn more calories during that time for i cant remember what reason as long as u watch yourself you should b fine and once its finished your weight will go back to normal.if you want more detailed explanation just type weight gain during period on google and itll come up with all the info you need:)

Oooh weigh in day tomorrow - am dreading it. I only have 4lb to lose but it seems to take forever the last couple of pounds.

Good luck everyone else xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Only 1/2lb lost :( just two more weigh ins before my holiday which is when I wanna get to goal weight - 3 1/2lb I need to lose, the last bit is def the hardest xx

Good luck to everyone else weighing in today :) xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

You've done brilliantly to get within touching distance of your goal! It's very impressive and I'm sure you'll get over the line real soon! :)

Thanks - I'm happy enough the weight I am just had a goal in mind for my holiday so it gives me bit more leeway on my holiday :) xx

Great weightlosses everyone! I do my weekly weigh ins on Tuesdays too. I would like to join this section :)

Here's my weekly weigh in. I'm so happy that I've lost weight with being naughty. I have a daily food log going in my diary in the GI section.

-2.0 lbs (-.91kg)

Total amount since started: -8.8 lbs (-4kg)

I also lost .5 inch each on my stomach, waist, hips and bum since last weigh in.

Last edited:
Here's the 8th weekly weight update:

-1.8 lbs (-.82kg)

Total amount since started: -10.8 lbs (-4.91kg)

Hiya, been a while! Anyone still here???

I'm a Tue weigh-in person too.

Week 1- 5lbs
Week 2- STS
Week 3 (today)- 2lbs

I go after work and before I go to the cinema (taking a bag of Boots' Shapers popcorn with me!)

Tuesdays for me, but being weighed every two weeks by the nurse at my gp's
Last week - 13 stone 9lbs
Waist - 107cm
She is very strict and has told me she expects me to have lost at least 4lb and 3cm off my waist by next Tuesday (which will be two weeks from when she weighed me) and that if I stick to the diet she has put me on (1200 calories in the week, 1500 at weekends), I will definitely lose that amount!
She told me in no uncertain terms that I am carrying an unhealthy amount of fat around my tummy and I think this has scared me into complying, I have been good so far anyway.

Good luck Faxman- I need to lose waist cms as well....I've not yet measured. Maybe I should do now then I'll know how much I'm losing...! I'm a bit scared to though!

Faxman said:
Tuesdays for me, but being weighed every two weeks by the nurse at my gp's
Last week - 13 stone 9lbs
Waist - 107cm
She is very strict and has told me she expects me to have lost at least 4lb and 3cm off my waist by next Tuesday (which will be two weeks from when she weighed me) and that if I stick to the diet she has put me on (1200 calories in the week, 1500 at weekends), I will definitely lose that amount!
She told me in no uncertain terms that I am carrying an unhealthy amount of fat around my tummy and I think this has scared me into complying, I have been good so far anyway.

4lbs off for me this week!!! Your nurse seems a bit harsh!! In my experience, being under pressure and dieting don't go together very well! Hence you being scared to comply. Everyones body reacts differently. There are no definite guaranteed set losses that you can achieve each week. All you can do it follow the diet and your body does the rest at its own pace. Try doing some cardio exercise to burn some extra fat maybe? Anyway, at least you are here so we can all empathise together!

Thanks Dejay, I will be posting regularly on here. Well done on losing 4lb this week, that's very impressive. I am doing a fair bit of running for my cardio already. I agree the nurse was harsh with me, she said things like "I can't understand why people would rather overeat than be a healthy weight" and "It's a question of self-control, you just have to discipline yourself". I would guess she has never been overweight herself and doesn't realise we don't all find it that easy.

Back