Tuesday Weighers

I'm a Tuesday weigher and new to this Forum, have been a Slimming World member since October and achieved my stone and a half award last Tues. Would have been sooner but I took a week or two 'off' at Christmas :) Looking forward to checking out more threads and posts :D

Well I missed this week again as this Tuesday I had an operation so obviously couldn't go x

Hello, so I'm new to the group. I joined last Tuesday & think I have done ok 2 days till weigh in eek will share with you all my hopefully "weight loss" :) feeling positive!

Height- 5'6
Weight- 11 stone

This is just fantastic, I'm loving all the new members and I can hear the optimism and enthusiasm in all your voices.

Alabama_worley, you have summed it up in words, your confidence is growing and you look forward to getting up on the scales, that is definitely a positive and I suspect you will be in slimming world for the long haul (ie forever) as I am too. When I first joined, I knew that it was my best shot at losing weight but I never thought over a year later I would be still there, part of my own local social team and that I would have nearly 5st lost but I am and this is something that can be a bit surreal but yet exhilarating.

Peggydee, I was the same too when I started first, I couldn't wait until Tuesday and sometimes the week felt way too long and I don't think I have ever changed in this since. Even if I know I did a bad week I still go, I so need my image therapy and lately our consultant Pauline has been asking me what syns are in this, she sees me as a successful member and that does wonders for my confidence and in time it will be for you too.

SWKate, well done you, I absolutely love getting my rewards and I have my certs up on my fridge (more for a deterrent) and I love looking at them as they were hard earned and I'm sure your the same. By the way, the fact that you took a week or two off at Christmas is amazing because you came back and you got your reward last Tuesday and I'm sure there is more to follow.

Roxy101, just look after yourself and give yourself time to heal. I would say once your sticking to plan then your weight will go down but I was told by a nurse in slimming world that right after surgery your body is in shock and not sure how it works but I think you would usually record a gain so maybe better to stay away for a week or two until things settle for you

Hi, im new to the group and am due to weigh in on Tuesday evening.

I started Slimming world on the 8th January and in 3 weeks I lost 12.5lbs, was slimmer of the week, 2 weeks running and on the eveining got Slimmer of the month.

I stopped following 'the plan' on the 28th Jan for 3 weeks as I had a hysterectomy and relied on others cooking and shopping for me.

I re-started at group last Tuesday and weighed in 0.5lb heavier than my last weigh in. Not bad for 3 weeks off and hospital stodgy food.

First weigh in is this Tuesday and im hoping for similar results to last month.

Good luck this week everyone. Hope the scales are good to you

Wow is all I can say Rache83, that is amazing, your first month in slimming world and you have won slimmer of the week twice and won slimmer of the month in your first month, that is fantastic. I have been in slimming world over a year now and I have never won slimmer of the month and have only won slimmer of the week twice and I still have lost almost 5st.

Fingers crossed now for tomorrow, hopefully you will get your stone award as your quite close to it now

Wow is all I can say Rache83, that is amazing, your first month in slimming world and you have won slimmer of the week twice and won slimmer of the month in your first month, that is fantastic. I have been in slimming world over a year now and I have never won slimmer of the month and have only won slimmer of the week twice and I still have lost almost 5st.

Fingers crossed now for tomorrow, hopefully you will get your stone award as your quite close to it now

thank you, I was so close last time, hoping this week will bag me the 1 stone award.

this week has been a hard week, as I'm really craving naughty foods. Just need to break that and fingers crossed I will straight back in like before.

Good luck everyone for tomorrow

keep focused and treat each day on its own, don't think of the next few days just the next 24 hrs and that usually works for me. I know your all going to think I'm weird here but what I do is talk myself out of it and yes that could be done in public (usually not though thankfully)

Oh my god I am so nervous about tomorrow. I have been quite strict this week but this evening I had a small slice of my daughter and husbands b'day cake, will I gain 1 or even 1/2 a pound from eating a small slice of cake??? I really think I have messed everything up now :( I really want a 3lb loss minimum :(

Cherry Darling, if you have been 100% on plan for the rest of the week then a small bit of cake shouldn't effect your weigh in tomorrow, don't be so hard on yourself

Yay I had my first weigh in just now, completely ecstatic!! Gone from 15st 2 to 14st 9.4!!! Been stuffed all week, not felt like I have been on diet at all! Amazing!

Good luck everyone, not sure about this evening but I have been 100% on plan and hopefully it will pay off, well done lemonandlime1 that is a fantastic result, keep it up

Not sure if you have seen the group 15st to 14st group, as you go through each stone then you move on to the next and so you should join that group, it is a way of keeping in with everyone else and hopefully stay with them along their journey too.

Just thinking you should join 14st to 13st group, I will try and find the link for you

lemonandlime1, the link is as follows:

forums - slimming clubs - slimming world - through the stones to your zone - 14 stone to 13 stone support

Really not looking forward to WI tonight.
I know I have put on, how much will be another matter.
Really cross with myself for not keeping some self control.

I weighed this morning as DH is out tonight and i'm not taking 3 kids to group! It was a different consultant, are her scales likely to be calibrated differently? and does weighinh on a morning make that much difference? I have had an awful week, not enough super free, massive (cheeseless) pizza out on Friday folllowed by lemon sorbet and 50g of dark chocolate, Saturday the baby screamed at me all day, we went out for lunch at a pub, and i ate over half a box of after eights and over 2 nights drank a whole bottle of wine, Sunday was DH's birthday so MIL cooked us a big roast with plenty of fat, i have felt sluggish and horrible all week yet the scales sho a 2lb lose. I am sceptical that it can be accurate.

Anyway, 10lb down, only1/2lb needed to be half way to target!

Back