Tuesday Weighers

Snowbryneich, if I knew I was going to have a 5Ib loss on my birthday then I would go, you can always celebrate after and besides they might do something at class for your birthday (I do the till too at class).

I have never had my birthday fall on a Tuesday since joining slimming world but I celebrated my 40th last year and I was going to take a holiday (had even booked one) but the following week after my birthday they were doing woman of the year so I went and I got my 3st award (came 2nd in that competition beaten by one vote).

Kirstle, your health is more important so thankfully it is not a blood clot but all you do is get up on the scales and dont look (I know easier said than done) and ask the girl who weighs you not to tell you

Well i feel utterly demotivated atm just cannot get my head in gear. Keep making the wrong choices and I'm eating lots more than i usually do :( expecting a gain for sure and after tomorrow i have 2weeks holiday. I'm scared i know I'm just going to go off the rails again. I have to lose 10lbs by Sept 4th I'm just not sure i can do it. I hate myself when i sabotage. I know exactly what I'm eating / drinking but i can't stop. Anyone else fail to draw a line? X

misspinky, in that situation take one day at a time and try and be prepared when you know your going to want to eat the wrong stuff (I know easier said than done). On holidays try and get loads of body magic in and eat lots of fruit. We are all entitled to enjoy ourselves on holidays but if you can find the balance then you would be amazed what you can achieve.

One other thing, we are always here for you, sending you this :bighug:

misspinky I do that all the time. Sometimes one bad day can lead to a bad week because in my head I'm not going to get a loss anyway but then I have to try and remind myself of why I am doing this. I have a motivational list with a list of reasons of why I am doing this to try and keep me on track.

I have texted my consultant and told them I will be there tomorrow so now I just hope my home scales and group scales say the same. (The home scales actually normally weigh me a little heavier than group scales so if that stays true I do not know how I have managed it this week!)

Well i feel utterly demotivated atm just cannot get my head in gear. Keep making the wrong choices and I'm eating lots more than i usually do :( expecting a gain for sure and after tomorrow i have 2weeks holiday. I'm scared i know I'm just going to go off the rails again. I have to lose 10lbs by Sept 4th I'm just not sure i can do it. I hate myself when i sabotage. I know exactly what I'm eating / drinking but i can't stop. Anyone else fail to draw a line? X

Misspinky, don't be too disheartened. In my food diary I keep on here I've explained why I'm expecting a gain. It's just been 'one of those weeks'. I have had a terrible week with personal circumstances and 2/3 days I've absolutely ate whatever made me feel better but I drew a line and been back on plan 2 days now so hopefully will limit the damage a 'bit' x

Looks like a lot of people have had a rough week! :( Sorry to hear guys. Having had a sizeable (and expected) gain last week all I can say is go and face it and don't let it get into your head too much. I don't think I've done as well this week as I would on a week where I have put no pressure on myself. Learning the hard way that stress gets your nowhere! But sure we'll all know soon enough!

Trying to line myself up with some non-scales victories, I am generally allergic to gyms, though I love swimming, and this morning I got a deal for 1 months unlimited access to a nice gym (with a decent pool) for 22 euro (about £18). Planning on blitzing myself with swimming and maybe a kettlebells class for the next 4 weeks and seeing where I am then :)

Thank-you all for your kind words its really made me think. I'm starting a diary today so i can't hide from my synning in the hope that i won't do it! I've also forced myself to go to boot camp and i feel much better for it. I just need to look at the big picture one bad day doesn't ruin a week unless i let it become a week! Big hugs xxxxx

Now you said it misspinky, that is the right attitude to have, all your hard work (take a look at your stats, simply amazing) and all the other non-scale victories and I'm sure there are many plus you have all of us supporting you. Enjoy your holiday and feel great when you can get into a dress which is a size smaller

Just one other thing, I got up on the scales this morning and I down a little bit more so it looks like I may get my 6st award tonight but I dont want to jinx that in case it doesnt happen

Good luck Orla!

I'm nervous about this week because I haven't had that good of a week. I'll be happy with a sts to be honest.
Feel ill today. Horrible cough and sore throat. Will ask at group what medicines I'm allowed.
Good luck to everyone with weighing in today :)

Take whatever medicines you need! Your health has to come first. Cough syrup is 2 syns per teaspoon but if you need it, you need it.

Thanks MelonCollie, hope you get better soon and Broken Mirrors is right, look after that dose otherwise it will get worse

Blah. I'll have a lemon and honey tea now as I have no meds in and feel too blah to go out. I'll get OH to pick me up after club and we'll go to the shop.
Have decided if I lose anything I'm going to have a Chinese tonight. I know it will be a comfort eating thing but I'll just share my syns over the week instead of daily. I just feel really down and want some chicken balls :( but if it's a sts or gain I won't have one. Sigh.

Guess I'll just have a low treaty week this week with Chinese and meds :)

Just leaving now wish me luck

Seven and a half off tonight. Not sure how I managed that even being on plan. Got my two and half stone and my gold body magic award. Definitely glad I went for a birthday weigh in!

And I was slimmer of the week :)

Last edited:
Seven and a half off tonight. Not sure how I managed that even being on plan. Got my two and half stone and my gold body magic award. Definitely glad I went for a birthday weigh in!

And I was slimmer of the week :)

Happy Birthday, and what a present!! That's an amazing loss, well done :)

I lost 1.5, not as much as I was hoping for but at least it's still going down!

Back