Tuesday Weighers

Minniemouse, I love that expression and I agree about doing the food diary.

I82much, join the club. That is how I found out about this, a work colleague and I used to google a lot about sw and usually the first site we both would see was minimins and I got curious but when I get weighed on a Tuesday evening, my routine now is to update sw website page and if I have any news to tell then I come on here and post here but I cant update my stats until the following morning, this is pure routine for me now (no laptop at moment so only have access to desktop until the following morning as my iphone wont let me update)

Don't let it get you down! Do you go to meetings or do it at home? If your at a meeting why don't u do a food diary and show it to your consultant if not show us on your thread we will all help! I kept gaining and couldn't for the life of me tell you why until I realised blended fruits have to be sinned!! There was me thinking I was being all healthy with a smoothie! And I upped my exercise but not my fluid, do a diary and show us x

I'm trying not to! I go to group, and have been given a diary for this week. I think I know what the problem was last week as I went camping for a long weekend so found it difficult to have a third superfree for meals. At least I know where I've been going wrong, but I'll post my diary on here if I don't get a loss next week to get some help! Thank you :)

Looking at your reply Bethany, I think it all comes back to the one word and that is preparation. Our whole class was based on this last Tuesday and the more you think of it the more sense it makes. I generally dont prepare fully but I have a good idea what I'm going to have each day and I think key as well is when you get the munchies always have something in the press/fridge to keep that at bay because for me if I'm having the munchies the only thing that would quash that feeling is bread and I dont want to go back to that ever again

Am staying in a hotel with the bf tonight and we don't have time to go for proper dinner before we go back out to something. A few months ago I would have grabbed a McDonalds or a chipper or gotten late night room service afterwards or something but obviously these are all out the window!! Can anyone give me a suggestion for low syn food on the run? I need something filling or else I'll crack and raid the minibar which would not just be bad for my weigh in, but also crippling for my wallet!

I'm already planning to bring a box of alpen lights and some strawberries in case I get a snack attack, it's just dinner I'm worried about.

what about Mediterranean (No idea if that's spelled right but it's what my auto correct corrected it to!) couscous? It holds, nice cold, and easy to pack into tupperwear, and you can jam lots of veg into it.
You could also make a sandwich and use that as your hexb, get snack pots of fruit, if you go out steak's a good one just ask them to grill it instead of fry.. :)

Or what about a chicken shish kebab? You could ask for extra salad and leave the pitta, or syn it if you want it (I think large is 9 for the pitta, small/medium 7? Someone correct me if I'm wrong please :) )

Welcome, I82much :)

Some good suggestions and thanks! I won't be home, am going straight from work so I can't bring anything with me. I might get a sambo and knock 6 syns off as a HEX B. Am worried the devil on my shoulder will get the best of me later though!!

Thanks for all your suggestions MellonCollie :) You've given me some ideas anyway! We pass a tesco on the way so might find something decent in there - I just couldnt stand the thought of pre-packed salad for dinner, I need something more substantial.

Some good suggestions and thanks! I won't be home, am going straight from work so I can't bring anything with me. I might get a sambo and knock 6 syns off as a HEX B. Am worried the devil on my shoulder will get the best of me later though!! Thanks for all your suggestions MellonCollie :) You've given me some ideas anyway! We pass a tesco on the way so might find something decent in there - I just couldnt stand the thought of pre-packed salad for dinner, I need something more substantial.

Where abouts are you going? Have u looked at the local restaurants? You can do a nandos for 6 syns? Butterfly chicken rice and corn on the cob! You can also have fish from the chip shop just remove the batter alternatively get a chicken shish from the kebab shop!

I'm sure you have probably eaten BrokenMirrors at this stage but I always go for a chicken curry and usually ask them is there oil on the chicken and do they use cream in it and if they say no to both those questions then I order that

I had two chicken curries this weekend as I was away up with the in-laws and I think I was lucky because it looks like I have a sts this week and star week has arrived :(

Hope you had a good weekend BrokenMirrors - is your boyfriend anything like mine, and encourages you to eat badly? Not in a mean way - just because we both love food and he's not fussed if I'm skinny or not!!

Good luck for tomorrow everyone, how do we all think we've done? I was super good all week, then had a few (a lot) of drinks on Saturday and was off plan on Sunday. V bad, hopefully I did enough during the week!

Hope you had a good weekend BrokenMirrors - is your boyfriend anything like mine, and encourages you to eat badly? Not in a mean way - just because we both love food and he's not fussed if I'm skinny or not!!

Good luck for tomorrow everyone, how do we all think we've done? I was super good all week, then had a few (a lot) of drinks on Saturday and was off plan on Sunday. V bad, hopefully I did enough during the week!

Hi, good luck hopefully you'll STS of have a loss!

I've been on plan minus Friday. Had a breakfast out for lunch and then Nandos on the night on a date night... Surprisingly got back on plan so hoping for a tiny loss at the least! :)

Sent from my HTC One X using MiniMins

Star week is never nice! Hopefully you'll see some nice results tomorrow. :)

I have no idea how I have done. I've been taking shortcuts with cooking by using easy packet stuff but is still syn free.. normally I cook EVERYTHING so I'm a tad worried.. I doubt I'll get the 3.5 I wanted for my club 10. :(

Otherwise have had a good week.. No longer ill so no more meds to take.. not been over the syns at all during the week..

I've also just restarted the contraceptive pill so I get to see if that makes me gain at all. Implant is running out and I don't want children. :eek:

Hopefully I will have a sts as I ate out twice this weekend but went for the healthy option, it looks like a sts on the scales this morning

You were all so good with your advice!! I found a thai takeaway on Friday that had a "healthy options" section on their menu! Was thrilled :D Had a gorgeous spicy dish which was chicken and steamed vegetables (which they said they would do without oil for me) and jasmine rice. The only bit of bad was a few cashew nuts through the dish but I had the syns to cover them :)

While I behaved on Friday, I was planning to flexi-syn Saturday but I got a bit out of control. Am hoping the rest of my week has saved me!

MaryMary YES! "You're gorgeous as you are, you don't need to be so strict with yourself all the time bla bla bla". It's hard to stay disciplined when around that attitude, as I am sure you know! He is very supportive though :)

MellonCollie, I wouldn't worry about the pill, I found I gained more on the implanon than I ever did on the pill.

I was considering the implant but was worried about gaining weight.. think I'll stick with the pill (sorry - off topic!).

That's exactly it BrokenMirrors, and yes he is very supportive too. I think he's worried if I get to my target I'll think I can do better than him - haha! (Obviously wouldn't happen!). Relationships are feeders aren't they.. one of my favourite things to do is stay in with him and have something naughty to eat, or go out for breakfast somewhere nice, or have a few glasses of wine.. god I could go on for hours!!

I think I overall gained about 5st since I got the implant. (before I started SW) I was just over 20st when I got it and my first WI at SW showed me at 25st 12lbs. :( I know a lot of it is because I was naughty with food, but I also never felt as snacky before I had the implant. It's coming out on the 6th so I can't wait. I do hope that my arm won't get infected like when I first got it, though.

Had a chunky tomato soup with two eggs earlier.. I'm hoping if I'm good today it will help tomorrow, haha.

No idea what I will have for tea tonight. I've decided on no short cuts though!

Good luck to everyone for tomorrow. :D

Got up on the scales this morning and I'm seriously thinking of taking a holiday today but still go to image therapy as I just cant face a gain (a lot happening lately and none of it good)

It is * week and I had no choice but to eat out twice at the weekend so I know why I gained even though I did go for the healthy option

My mother had a pet scan done on her liver yesterday so we are waiting on the results and also my brother isnt too well either (wont go into details) and the thoughts of a gain now today is just something I dont really want to see as it takes forever to lose that gain and get back on track again

Fingers crossed everything comes back ok for your Mum, and your brother gets better soon. Sending positive thoughts!

You've been doing this longer than me, so I'm sure you've heard it all before, but there's no shame in a bad week, or skipping it. Some things are bigger and more important than Slimming World (and you've made a phenomenal amount of progress so far!)

x

Back