Tuesday Weighers

I hope there are some new people for me to actually greet this time, lol.

I'll probably go in about 5pm, then it's 15 mins before weigh in. :)

I feel really nervous lol :( I have a horrible feeling that I ahve gained. Urgh. I guess I'll find out in a few hours.

Apart from arguing about back fees is it nice? :D

I am sure you will have lost - you have been doing so well. We don't have a greeter as ours is a really small group with a relief consultant so I don't think he's leafleting etc to get people in. The social team is just the pay in, weigh in and the shop. I was going to do a body magic table when I volunteered but then the shop person stopped coming to group so I got that.

And it is nice! There isn't a lot of arguing really - I just feel a bit awkward about that bit. It's fun really, I've only been doing that bit for three weeks so I am still getting used to it and the system. I like being on the social team though and helping out and I volunteered so I would have that extra commitment so I wouldn't be tempted to miss group if I thought I had a bad week. (I also buy a countdown so it's a waste of money if I miss a group.) I like doing the pay in better than the shop - its a little more involved and also I didn't like doing the raffle because I was always mangling tickets when trying to rip them up for the draw.

I'm the backup pay person at my meetings. I've had to do it 3 or 4 times? Quite like doing it though, means I get weighed first too haha. Also got to hop on weigh as well once, that was weird.

Hello everyone, have been missing in action for a while, was away for birthday and hospital appointments but back today for weigh in. Had a great birthday but went out of control on syns but I was good before and after and my scales says I have sts this week so fingers crossed for this evening

One other bit of good news, was in hospital yesterday and today and it may be possible I dont have sleep apnoea anymore, that is totally the weight loss

I will catch up tomorrow morning on all the posts, no doubt there has been amazing weight losses today

I'm the backup pay person at my meetings. I've had to do it 3 or 4 times? Quite like doing it though, means I get weighed first too haha. Also got to hop on weigh as well once, that was weird.

Before I did pay in, it was someone from the relief consultant's main group who comes along to help him who did it. He still comes to help set up - I've just pinched his job, I think that is so we are ready to go with a full social team if we get a new consultant though I'm not sure there is much interest in us because we are a little group and because we only have a relief consultant (who does a good job at the group) but doesn't do the leafleting and such there is not much chance of us growing. I went to this group at a previous slimming world attempt and it was much bigger - during this attempt I was the back up weigher which I liked too but I felt bad writing certificates though as I have messy writing.

Happy Birthday Orla - fingers crossed for a STS

Happy birthday Orla! It's really interesting reading your losses over the last 18 months as I'm starting to feel that things are slowing down - I'll be lucky to lose 4lbs total this month - but looking at your numbers reminds me that slow and steady wins the race and you've done so well! Fingers crossed for your STS tonight.

Hope you had a great birthday Orla!

Fingers crossed everyone gets what they're hoping for today :)

I've lost 5st 5lb and can tell you that for me it has really slowed to a crawl. It's almost like two steps forward one step back.

To be fair though I used to swim every day but have changed jobs and can no longer do that which probably explains the slowing down. That said, I've spent a few weeks getting out on my bike instead as it's been nice weather and the one week where I gained the most I've ever gained (1.5lbs) I had cycled 83 miles and done a 3-mile walk but apparently 2 off-plan meals snookered it. Incredible considering the amount of exercise I did!

So I'm still plodding on but my overall impression is that I have far less wiggle room than I used to - in my first few months I went to beer festivals, had occasional meals out, and would sometimes still lose 2-3lbs, but now it seems I only have to make even a tiny change or breathe on a biscuit and I might STS or gain a little.

I've made my peace with the fact it's just taking longer but it's annoying for sure. Ultimately though I am still literally half the woman I used to be so that is what matters, and as long as things are moving on the right direction albeit slowly, that's okay.

Yay, another 3 1/2 gone. Will be getting my 1/2 stone award tonight :)

Wow well done everyone!

3lbs off for me taking me to 2stone 12.5lbs :D I WILL get that 3 stone by next week. I've dropped into the next stone bracket and dropped another BMI point so I'm really happy with that.

Also, was nominated for Woman of the Year and will get the results next week. I hope I don't win as it'll involve having my photo taken and I'm far from ready for that :(

2lb off for me - which gets me my club 10 and I was slimmer of the week. very different to the study scales so I should stop paying attention to those! But it's a loss and as long as weight is going in the right direction I'm happy.

God it's all going on in here tonight! Congrats to you all, you are all doing fantastically!

I was down 3lbs, getting me another cert and taking me out of obesity!! Yayyyy!

6lb off for me , got my 4.5 award and sotw :) and only 2lb needed for my 5st award .

Happy birthday Orla , hope you had a lovely day :)

Well done on the losses Tuesday peeps. Let's all have a fabby week this week :D

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Nice to meet you all, I'm Ian. Tuesday was my second visit to local chapter of SW. I had an encouraging first week's loss of 6lbs.

There's lots more to go so I expect that I will be posting highs and lows here again.

I pray that my ongoing progress is in keeping with the other inspiring losses I've seen on this thread.

This week I will master HEA & HEB. They kicked my butt last week but I can eat kids cheeses and find a good B choice too.

Make it a great week!

Back