Tuesday Weighers

Would it not have the same effect just making sure you drink lots of water?

probably would but done now

I have somehow put a pound on, instead of losing the 1/2 I needed for my 1 stone! No idea how. Fortunately I'm not very bothered because I have exams and stuff on atm plus my head is pounding, so it's taking very low priority! When exams are finished I'll be more bothered about it, my stone certificate wouldn't have been appreciated today!

6.5lbs off :)

Well done everyone!

I lost 1.5lbs tonight which takes me to 3 stone lost exactly in 16 weeks. There's 17 weeks until Christmas and I'm writing this week off due to a wedding and a birthday meal so I wonder if I could repeat that 3 stone in the other 16 weeks...

I also came runner up in Woman of the Year and won some Slimming World pens :D

I'm still chasing that elusive 5.5st award. As of last week I only had 1lb to go to get it and this week the situation remains unchanged!

I was 100% on plan allllll week UNTIL the weekend when my dad was rushed to hospital (he's okay folks). We went all the way over to see him in hospital but as a result didn't have any lunch then went to the parents'-in-law for the most AMAZING meal. Not only did I have 2 desserts but there may also have been a cheeky cheese board and a copious amount of wine.... followed by a fry-up the next morning. So I'm lucky to escape with a magical maintain!!! :rolleyes:

Hello lovelies !! I had a sneaky weigh in Monday.. 3lbs off so I'm really pleased !! Well done everyone..had a naught day today..raided the biscuit tin coming off night shift just craving sugar.. But back on it now..xxx

Week two I managed to lose another 1.5 lbs.
On the plus side this gave me my first half stone shiny sticker but to be honest I was hoping for better. :sigh:

From reading minimins (rather than SW site) I believe that I never quite groked the 1/3 superfree rule for meals. Specifically that it is a rule and not, like traffic lights and speed limits, optional.

On my way back from WI in visited the supermarket picking up frozen brocolli and Frozen green beans. Using these as a bedrock I shall craft a more impressive result next Tuesday.

Also trying to figure out simple grab & go HEB. The book seemed to like Ryvita Minis but my supermarket did not seem to carry them. Anyone know of another prepackaged HEB that I could stock up on to keep HEB simple?

Gratz to Amanda on framing this weeks result in such a positive manner. I aim to develop that grace about my less than stellar weeks.
Gratz to Snow on excellent loss and being such a cheerleader for the rest of the Tuesday Weighers.

(So tempting to look at playing with Tuesday for a nickname. Tuesday = Ruby = Curry Club. But I digress)

May we all find the inspiration to reach the best goals possible for ourselves!

Slán,
Ian

Week two I managed to lose another 1.5 lbs.
On the plus side this gave me my first half stone shiny sticker but to be honest I was hoping for better. :sigh:

From reading minimins (rather than SW site) I believe that I never quite groked the 1/3 superfree rule for meals. Specifically that it is a rule and not, like traffic lights and speed limits, optional.

On my way back from WI in visited the supermarket picking up frozen brocolli and Frozen green beans. Using these as a bedrock I shall craft a more impressive result next Tuesday.

Also trying to figure out simple grab & go HEB. The book seemed to like Ryvita Minis but my supermarket did not seem to carry them. Anyone know of another prepackaged HEB that I could stock up on to keep HEB simple?

Gratz to Amanda on framing this weeks result in such a positive manner. I aim to develop that grace about my less than stellar weeks.
Gratz to Snow on excellent loss and being such a cheerleader for the rest of the Tuesday Weighers.

(So tempting to look at playing with Tuesday for a nickname. Tuesday = Ruby = Curry Club. But I digress)

May we all find the inspiration to reach the best goals possible for ourselves!

Slán,
Ian

Well done on your loss! It is going in the right direction.

I have tons of frozen veg in which makes it easy to make up any meal to super free, frozen broccoli gets tons of use in my house - it's really handy.

I think the easiest grab and go HEB is cereal bars, I like the hifi's from group but you can also use alpen lights and there are tons of other options. I've only ever seen the ryvita mini's in salt and vinegar which I tried as it's my favourite flavour of crisp but it was just wrong on a crisp bread and made me want crisps.

Slán?? Are you Irish, Ian? Haha.

Back on track with a vengeance today. I've been lazy with keeping a food diary lately but am giving that a proper go again too. I'm going in holidays in 5 weeks and I would love another stone off, so that's a real push. Even 10 pounds would be great.

Disappointed with a 1/2 lb gain after being 100% on track all week but I know it's water retention due to * week. Will defo try that tea in future, I didn't have time to get to a shop in the morning and don't like to drink after lunchtime. Hopefully I will see a double loss next week.

Slán?? Are you Irish, Ian? Haha.

Back on track with a vengeance today. I've been lazy with keeping a food diary lately but am giving that a proper go again too. I'm going in holidays in 5 weeks and I would love another stone off, so that's a real push. Even 10 pounds would be great.

BrokenMirrors - Yes. Expat in London 25 years, for my sins. Still they are graceful enough hosts here in Blighty. Certainly they have not been starving me!

Best of luck with that extra stone. Approaching the thing with "beginners eyes" might well give you the boost necessary to move on to the next step. Often it is a slight ingrained habit that prevents us from moving to the next step in - anything.

Read the advice for newbies - including any advice you gave out yourself. Often we lose sight of our own insights.

Make it a great week.

Regards,
Ian

Some fantastic advice and thanks! I had been thinking that I should sit down and read the books from cover to cover again and am writing down EVERYTHING that I eat. You're doing great by the way! You might find that a week after a big loss, you'll have a small loss or a STS, then another big loss the following week and so on.... It sort of works like that for me even when I've had a good week.

Also, sorry to hear that Bethanie. It's really rough when you've been good but I'm sure you'll more than make up for it next week!

Thanks Broken Mirrors, going to keep to plan this week and hope for a good loss to make up for it. Well done on all the lovely losses peeps, keep up the good work :) xx

Everyone's done so well this week! Haven't been on much this past week so doing some catching up, but I lost 2.5 yesterday and got Slimmer of the Month which was a surprise :)

On a bit of a side note.. Has anyone struggled with keeping weight off which they lost quickly due to going off food for whatever reason? Only I haven't been eating very much for a couple of weeks which obviously has caused the weight to drop off, but now i'm starting to eat again i'm worried I might gain it all back! Do you have any suggestions on how to at least try and maintain what i've lost?

Back