Tuesday Weighers

Wow Orla, that's great news about no longer needing your sleep apnoea machine!! I could go on all day about the benefits of Slimming World, I mean I've climbed a mountain this year which would have probably given me a heart attack last year.

Anyway, it's almost Tuesday again. I was on holiday last week so I didn't weigh in. We went away on Friday 5th and got back on Thursday morning just gone. I ate so much while we were away that I am not even going to speculate, I am assuming it's a gain. I've been bang on plan since the moment the plane touched down at Heathrow though so I'm back on it like a car bonnet.

Have a meal out this Saturday night though. Bugger.

Good luck for tomorrow all!!

I'm slinking back in with my tail between my legs. The wedding I went to a few weeks ago meant I put on 8lbs in three days! It was awesome though. I didn't weigh in the next week because I felt so awful about it but took myself back to class last Tuesday and had lost all but 1lb of that. That said, I have really realy struggled to stay on plan since I had the weekend off. I hope at tonight's weigh in to lose that 1lb and be back to my three stone loss. One weekend caused a lot of damage and showed me how easy it was to put it back on. I've another weekend away the weekend before Christmas and would really love to lose at least another two stone by then.

I think sometimes it is no harm in having a gain as we feel we can go right back on plan and that is the important part, we have a life, we fall off the train but we get back again and that is why this site is so addictive for me (yes Franpod, I joined almost a year ago and said exactly the same thing). If I were to think, OMG I have to do this for the rest of my life straight away I would fail because I know I cant be perfect always and I think this is the key to slimming world, it is why it is the biggest weight loss group in the UK and fast overtaking WW in Ireland too. I'm thrilled you had a great time at the wedding Guru and I bet you looked amazing at it, draw a line and start afresh you can do it and with our help and support you will lose all that and lots more.

Thanks Amanda, have to say it was quite emotional handing it over, it felt like the old me was leaving for good and this new and happy me was starting again. By the way, I have a meal out next Saturday and lots of drinks I plan to consume but I'm taking a holiday the following week and start back fresh again after

Aww Guru, don't worry about the gain. As Orla says there's no shame in a gain, as long as you work to get it off. :)
And don't worry about going out and stuff like that. Why don't you try to flexi syn next time you'll have a weekend away? Or just write it off the books and start afresh. :)
Also focus on how far you've already come. You're doing amazing!!!!

You could always try a few days of success express as well if you have a gain. An extra boost for loosing then x

But yeah, Good luck everyone! I bet you'll all do well. :)

I really hope to be in the 21's....!!!

I knew flexi synning wouldn't work - it would have been a horrific amount of syns. I really, really enjoyed the weekend away though but have struggled to get back to it after having such a nice time!

What is success express? Does it involve not using syns? That's just asking for trouble lol

Thank you both for the kind words though. Hopefully I'll get that last pound off at weigh in tonight and can move forward to actually losing some weight this month.

I knew flexi synning wouldn't work - it would have been a horrific amount of syns. I really, really enjoyed the weekend away though but have struggled to get back to it after having such a nice time!

What is success express? Does it involve not using syns? That's just asking for trouble lol

Thank you both for the kind words though. Hopefully I'll get that last pound off at weigh in tonight and can move forward to actually losing some weight this month.

Nah same amount of syns :)
It's basically 2/3 of the plate being super free and 1/3 free instead of the other way around, and two of each healthy extra instead of one.
Or that's what I'm led to believe any who, lol. :)

Everything MelonCollie said is correct but you have to count the highest value on syns for all three plans, lets say something was 2 syns in EE, 5 in Red and 1 in green then you count it as 5

Apparently it does work though

I am dreadign the gain this week. I know it's going to be bad as I can feel it in my clothes :( Really annoyed at myself but I know it couldn't have been helped really.

Don't be annoyed at yourself brokenmirrors. It won't help anything. Consider the WI a line in the sand. It'll be off before you know it!

woohoo, 4lb off at group and got SOTW :D

Hi all, I've been a bit busy this past week hence why I haven't posted for a while! Anyway I have lost 1lb this week (yay!!), I've been on ee most the week filling up on pasta and potato which always gives me a slow loss but hey ho I'm pleased!! :) Good luck to you all and a big well done to Lumina (4lbs and sotw! That is amazing!!)!! :D

Thanks Franpod and I know you're right! I'm going to Spain in 2 weeks and really wanted to be in the 12 stones by then but unfortunately that is probably completely unobtainable now. I should take the pressure off and just follow the plan a week at a time.

Well done Lumina! You must be so proud! :D

Well done Lumina, that is fantastic, it certainly wont be sotw for me as I was up last week but if I can get a good loss then I will feel like sotw (if you can understand that !!!)

BrokenMirrors, Franpod is right, draw a line, stay on plan from now until the holidays and then when you come back work it off again but most importantly, enjoy your holidays

Thanks Orla! I am definitely planning to :)

I really hope you get the loss you deserve this week.

Thanks BrokenMirrors, glad to be able to help you in any way

Lets hope I will have a loss this week, just for my emotional well being, I really need to have a good one, I'm finding it so difficult just to get moving again and slowly but surely it is ebbing away at my confidence as each week brings a gain or a maintain

I need to get back involved in this thread it gave me masses of support before... sadly since I've come back from holiday all I've wanted to do is eat!!! Here's to starting again... Again!

Best of luck with the weigh in this week ladies. I am in Ireland and will NOT be finding a new group of people to humiliate myself in front of this week. Trying to be good and will get back into my own approach after I get back to London tomorrow.

... and a lot of Mushy Pea Curry will be created and eaten!

Regards,
Ian

Last edited:
Another 4.5! GET IN!! Although I am going away for the weekend so I know next week won't be as good. I'll take it all the same! Well done to everyone who faced the scales today, whatever the outcome!

3.5 off which I'm relieved about as my scales have been all over the place so wasn't sure if * week was going to have a bad effect.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Back