Tuesday Weighers

1lb off for me, yay I am happy, thats a total of 8,5lbs for september. Well done everyone and those who have put a bit on don't give up! X

I love the feeling of a challenge Amy Elizabeth and well done on winning so far, nothing like a healthy bit of competition to keep us motivated

Well done new_patty, that is a huge loss for month of September, keep it going

I've been missing for a few days! Stressed to bits with work and haven't been 100% on plan. Was still down 1.5 last night though so happy enough.

Excellent BrokenMirrors, all going in the right direction, I have to say I notice the losses are quite good this week, is anyone thinking of the Christmas countdown yet, it certainly is at the back of my mind

I will definitely get the Christmas countdown Orla - I buy countdowns anyway so it is covered (and also because I am useless about having money in my purse so it is handy if it's covered) I am hoping to have a more SW friendly christmas so looking forward to the recipe book.) My current countdown runs out on the 21/10/2014 so I will be getting it towards the end of the offer. I did think I might get my club 10 free week that week and thus have to buy a countdown voucher but I was counting the week I got my club 10 in that and it's 10 weeks after so I will just get the countdown and my club 10 week will go on the end (if I understand it right) I always buy a countdown voucher if you are getting a free book and my current countdown runs until the offer is over as I would eventually be paying that money anyway and I like getting something free! Plus I definitely want to have a countdown over christmas even more than usual to make sure I don't try and talk myself out of going if I do slip up at Christmas.

didn't think I was going to have lost anything last night - only another five pounds gone!!! Extra Easy is Really working for me! I'm being very lazy about counting anything, but so long as I stuff my face with 'free' stuff then there's no room for unhealthy things :D It's working!

I completely understand you Snow, I'm actually thinking of buying the countdown too and getting the free book as I want to do my Christmas dinner slimming world style. We are having a christmas party in two weeks time and apparently every slimming world club has to do one and we are having a taster night as well, does anyone know if there is christmas recipes on here as I want to try and do some and see what they taste like

Enough, well done that is a huge loss and I find EE is the only plan for me but keep it up, your doing brilliantly

When does the Christmas countdown from from and to? I think I should commit to one!

I took a new friend along to join last night but because it's outside of the dates the offer is on I don't get the Christmas book. Boooo.

You can buy the countdown anytime between 13th October and 1st November to get the free book and it will be 12 weeks from when you get it so if you get it week commencing the 13th then it will expire week commencing the 29th Dec and so on. I really rate having a count down as it helps me always go to group which helps me stick on plan but don't forget if you are getting one you have to book your holiday when you buy it.

This is a little bit silly to be pleased about but I started SW in March this year and haven't used a single holiday yet. I booked one in for my birthday but then went anyway (which cancels it) I am going to try and not use any if I can because I never go away for a long time but mostly weekends and I know that if I book a holiday part of me will use it as an excuse to be bad.

Thanks Snow. I've resisted buying countdowns so far thinking that I should take it one week at a time. I've only taken one holiday in the last five months but I'll need to take another this month as I'm going to an awards ceremony (which I am dreading as it's a three course meal!)

I think I should suck it up and buy one though. I am going to be doing this for a very long time!

That has been my attitude Guru - Slimming World for life now so may as well get the countdown - you can still get it and use holiday though just book it when you buy it. I have a work do this month with a three course meal and I intend to enjoy it have the completely none slimming world meal and then get back on plan - I also plan to have nothing but super free outside of the night out so fruit for breakfast, veggie soup for lunch and then night out then back on plan.

Orla I like the idea of trying out christmas recipes at a taster night but I am little irate at the idea of a Christmas party in October! nooooo it's too early. I am sure I saw a recipe for Scanbran christmas cake somewhere on here which is the only specifically christmas recipe I recall.

You can buy the countdown anytime between 13th October and 1st November to get the free book and it will be 12 weeks from when you get it so if you get it week commencing the 13th then it will expire week commencing the 29th Dec and so on. I really rate having a count down as it helps me always go to group which helps me stick on plan but don't forget if you are getting one you have to book your holiday when you buy it. This is a little bit silly to be pleased about but I started SW in March this year and haven't used a single holiday yet. I booked one in for my birthday but then went anyway (which cancels it) I am going to try and not use any if I can because I never go away for a long time but mostly weekends and I know that if I book a holiday part of me will use it as an excuse to be bad.
Sorry i am a bit lost with the countdown thingy, what is that you buy? I went to group yesterday but didnt hear anything about this! Sorrry if i am being thick it has been a long long day x

No I don't think it is always well explained in group New_patty so don't worry. A countdown is just essentially paying for group in advance and you get some free weeks for doing so. You just tell the social team member you want to buy one, pay in advance and all the weeks are then on your card so you don't pay until it runs out.

You can get a 6 week count down where you pay £24.75 for 6 weeks so you are paying what you would for 5 weeks and getting 1 week free or a 12 week countdown where you pay £49.50 for 12 weeks - paying what you would for 10 weeks and getting 2 weeks free. Quite regularly they will have an offer where you get a slimming world recipe book or booklet for free if you buy a countdown (normally only on the 12 week one) and that is what the offer is from 13th October - 1st November buy a 12 week countdown and get a free christmas recipe book/booklet.

A day late and a pound and a half on. :break_diet:

I knew I was not being on plan but decided that I had to weigh in and take the hit. Missed my usual meeting yesterday due to family commitments so went to a different meeting.

I do hope that the consultant doesn't think I'm trying to hide my bad weeks from my fellow Tuesday weigh-in cohorts!

Props for all the great losses reported here this week. Hopefully I will join that august company next week!:)

Regards,
Ian

Thanks for explaining it so well snowbryneich! X

I'm having to use a holiday day this month, off to France for 10 days from next Friday. I'd like to try and limit the damage although I know there will be quite a few restaurant dinners happening. Staying at family house though so will be able to have plenty of kitchen access, can buy and keep food in the fridge and will be able to make healthy dinners when we aren't going out. My main worry is that I adore authentic french breads :(. This will be my first hols while on SW and any holiday tips would be much appreciated. :)

Snow, apparently according to my consultant this Christmas party is for every club in Ireland and the UK (not sure about the others) and I'm totally with you on been irate as well but that is whats happening.

I'm thinking of buying the countdown myself but not sure yet as we have a lot of outgoings now and very little coming in (story of my life)

Ian, have to say you were missed, I look forward to your weekly update but well done on going for weigh in, not easy but now you can draw a line under and leave it behind

Back