Tuesday Weighers

I typically bought a countdown on tuesday, the day our consultant told us about the book. :( I would have waited a few weeks otherwise :/

Miatiablue, I think that is the ultimate praise when someone else notices your weight loss, I think personally I actually have lost more on inches than on the scales and people are stopping me all the time and saying how well I look, enjoy it my dear, you worked very hard to get to that point and never say no to praise, it has helped me cope with all that is going on around me

Thanks orla :) apparently I don't take praise very well lol. I didn't really notice but a lady asked me in group whether I realised that when our consultant is reading out everyone's losses and she gets to me, I immediately look at the floor :-/ it's strange the things that people notice lol.

I'm still not sure if I've lost any inches as I keep forgetting to measure myself but I noticed today that I kept having to pull my trousers up so hopefully I have :-D xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I've just been looking back over everyone's losses this week and as a whole this group has lost a whopping 40lbs this week!!

I think I'm going to buy a countdown in a few weeks. I was referred for a 12 week course via my doctor and only have 3 weeks left of it xx

Wow I knew that this weeks total losses was a lot bigger than other weeks but that is almost 3st between us and that is only the people who posted their results, I'm sure there is someone who has lost 2Ibs this week

Miatiablue, I used to be like that too but lately I always think that I have worked pretty hard to get to where I am, us Irish are not great at taking praise, we tend to get a bit shy about these things but I'm lately very polite to people who give me a compliment because you never know how hard it was for them to pluck the courage up to say it and be nice back to them

Wow I knew that this weeks total losses was a lot bigger than other weeks but that is almost 3st between us and that is only the people who posted their results, I'm sure there is someone who has lost 2Ibs this week

It is pretty amazing isn't it :)

Miatiablue, I used to be like that too but lately I always think that I have worked pretty hard to get to where I am, us Irish are not great at taking praise, we tend to get a bit shy about these things but I'm lately very polite to people who give me a compliment because you never know how hard it was for them to pluck the courage up to say it and be nice back to them

I've never really thought about it like that. Although I know I'm always wary of commenting on people's losses unless I know that they're trying to lose weight just incase it's taken the wrong way lol xx

Isn't it great that the NHS has cottoned on to diet "plans" like SW and started to prescribe them to people in need of help with getting their weight in hand?

Some years back I had a doc prescribe Gym sessions in a Leisure Centre. Brilliant concept but they were only valid during times that I was working...
:copon:

Our studio audience said ... X

I expect that a LOT of people can be helped and that the exchequer can save millions in Diabetes and Hypertension treatment by getting this to be standard practice in the NHS.

Props to you miataiblue for seeing the value received and looking to extend this with a plan. :clap:

When you get to target there will be no more need for countdowns or fees.

Kind regards,
Ian

Thank you Ian :) I think it's a fab idea and as you say, the money that could be saved by not having to treat weight related conditions would be a huge amount.

I was given the choice of joining weight watchers, slimming world or a weekly 1-2-1 or group session at the hospital. Having been a member of sw before I rejoined and the fact that that I knew it would work for me made the decision a no brainer. I can't wait to walk into group as a target member! xx

Hi all, hope you've had a great weekend. I spent the weekend at my folks so not entirely on plan, I tried my best but I am so worried I will now gain this week :argh: Having a red day today, that normally helps me drop a pound :fingerscrossed: How are you all feeling about tomorrows weigh in?

Success express days are very hard but well worth it from what I saw in group with people doing it, I'm afraid I couldnt do a day as I would have to do the week and that is really tough

Welcome MissAnonD, great to see new members in here, I'm sure you will be putting up your target sticker in no time

Good luck for tomorrow everyone. It's the first night with our new consultant, venue and time so I'm going along early to help set up and I am hoping we get lots of new members as the new consultant has been trying really hard with advertising and because the group has gotten quite small. Also hoping for a loss that is more than last weeks gain as I've had a really good week.

I did the same when my new consultant started in August and it was also the night woman of the year was crowned

Fingers and toes crossed, all I need for my next award is 1Ib and I have been totally on plan but you just never know

It's 13 syns with sauce, I had no sauce on mine (see I was a little in control!), which means I can deduct 1 syn off. Phew not so bad, but im pretty sure I've still gained this week.

Would love that loss Barbie Girl but I doubt I will get that

Thanks miatiablue, all I need is 1Ib and I havent a clue whether if I have that or not

Good luck my dear, fingers crossed both of us get it and thanks Barbie Girl, I would like to think I have some girl power in me :p

Back