Tuesday Weighers

I'm curious Stephanie, have you the recipe for the pasta sheets, they sound lovely. I saw on some site the idea of getting a very large potato, cutting them very finely without actually cutting right through the potato and spraying them with frylite, they look really nice and crispy

Yeah they are really nice...
Boil pasta sheets untill floppy... I then cut them in to triangles... Spray with frylight add a little salt and bake them in the oven until crispy..
They are gorgeous :)
Think I'll have a garlic dip next time

Hello and welcome Stephanie!

Orla I am always impressed with your determination to keep going. I hope I can stick it at like you have!

Ahhh thank you Guru, your very kind. There are times when I would love to break out but to be honest I always say I prefer a nice dress (especially now Christmas is approaching) than a chocolate eclair, five seconds of pleasure and then the whole week to undo the damage or a dress (and yes even a smaller size) that you will have for a longer time

Stephanie, I think I might try this, it sounds yummy and maybe some of those syn free dips as well

I remember the girl who does the weigh in at our class (she is sooo young at only 17) saying she was feeling peckish once and had no syns left and wondered what she could have that was syn free and she cut up potatoes very thinly and had the oven very hot (I think 230 C) and laid them flat on a baking tray and put in oven with lots of frylite and made her own chips, she was totally satisfied and had a big loss that week, I really mean to do this for a snacky night (especially with the weather been so bad) and use some of those dips too and have your own doritos (I have every spice imagineable)

I'm not too keen on the potato ones they burn and don't taste as nice.. And the pasta crisps are more crunchy to give the effect of crisps :) give them a try and let me know how you find then... Also buy supermarket own brand pasta sheets... It works alot better ?

Baaaah fatty gained 1lb this week! No surprises as * week and the jar of peanut butter/choccie sprinkles didn't help..

100% back on plan this week. COME ON!

* week hit yesterday so just after my weigh in and I think this explains why I only lost half a pound and not a bit more

Stephanie, I think I have the Tesco own brand pasta sheets at home (and yes still in date :cool:) so I think I will try them out tonight, sure I might be adventerous and take a photo

@snowsheep91 First off, commiserations it sucks to have a gain. :bighug:
Brokenmirrors and I are keeping food diaries this week. I gather that BrokenMirrors is doing SAS which sounds even more extreme boot camp. Join us and take control again.

@orla Do report back on your results with the pasta "crisps". Are you a savoury or a sweet person ordinarily. i.e. Would you be a fan of Tayto off diet or more of a cadburys and/or sugar barley kind of a lady?

Got a new slow cooker today that will hopefully allow me to more easily create SW meals. This week I will complete my Body Magic Bronze award exercise. The very best of luck to *everyone* with staying on plan.

I'm finding the diary to cause me to realise just how off plan I have been up to now.

regards,
Ian

Ian, I have more of a savoury person but then again I have a very sweet tooth as well but given a choice I would have a bag of tayto before a bar of chocolate. I have a snacky kind of appetite all this week, I think this is due to the change in weather so I think I may experiment tonight as I will be busy all weekend

Hey everyone, how is your weekend going? Still on plan? xx

Hi Barbie,
Food intake wise I believe that I am doing ok. Alas the weather (in particular the wind) has me being a LOT less active. There is something of the bear going into hibernation for the winter about how this weekend has gone so far.

Noting terribly off piste as regards the food plan. Omelette, Syn Free Chips, Slow Cooker Bolognase and Slow Cooker Chilli, mixed with apples and Ryvita & Tomato. I do hope that I get a decent loss come Tuesday. If not I will be tempted to try the 5/2 diet for a while instead.

i guess it's peppermint tea in abundance tomorrow, followed by a super-loss on Tuesday.

@Orla
Still waiting to hear about the savoury pasta crisps. Wonder if sea salt and cracked black pepper ones can be made. I have my airfryer coming sometime this week and will likely come over all Jamie Oliver in the kitchen.

Hope everyone else is having good choices.

Regards,
Ian

I'm not too keen on the potato ones they burn and don't taste as nice.. And the pasta crisps are more crunchy to give the effect of crisps :) give them a try and let me know how you find then... Also buy supermarket own brand pasta sheets... It works alot better ?

I tried the pasta ones once but I think I left them in the oven too long as I almost broke my teeth on them! Lol. I worry about the whole 'food abuse' thing so haven't made them since but they obviously didn't affect your loss! :)

Hey everyone, how is your weekend going? Still on plan? xx

I thought I was having a pretty good week but now I'm not so sure.

I got a new job and had a celebratory beef chow mein from the chinese. Syns online states 8.5syns for an average portion but having looked today, chicken chow mein is coming up as 16.5 syns for an average portion! I can't understand why there's such a difference in syns when the only difference is the meat so I'm really hoping it's not a misprint and the beef chow mein is actually higher than I thought. I've got visions of the half lb I need slipping away lol xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hey everyone!

Well I've had a good week EXCEPT....

Yesterday I went to a christening in my hometown of Stoke. It wasn't till 3pm and we called in to see my parents on the way so we left home around 11am and I packed some sandwiches for my husband's lunch and a banana and Muller yoghurt for me.

Got to the parents' house and my dad made us a lunch of cheese & bacon oatcakes! They are a dish that is local to North Staffordshire and they are basically a pancake made out of oats. 5.5 syns in each one + the filling. Bless, they'd even gone out and got reduced fat cheese in for me! I had 2. Not sure on syns in the cheese but basically I assumed I used all my syns in that one meal.

And then I went to the christening and stuffed my face at the reception!! Admittedly I had a lot of salad and cous cous but also more than my fair share of sandwiches, sausages rolls, etc. Have to say, I feel I was better than I normally am at buffets but I was still OTT.

So we'll see!!

Hiya guys,

I have been away from the site for a very long time as i have reviously lost 4 stone on slimming world but over the course of the last 2 1/2 years it has gone back on, i started back up with slimming world at the beginning of September and so i am now back on it, have lost 1 stone 12 lb so far with my next weigh in being tomorrow so should hopefully break through the 2 stone mark again then.

Hope everyone else has a great weigh in tomorrow and i will post my results up tomorrow

Regards

Paul

I've been on plan all week, except yesterday my cravings kicked in and couldn't say no or stop! I had several choccy bars and loads of shortbread smothered in nutella, then in the evening I had a bacon sandwich with fat on fried in oil in buttered white bread, followed by more slices of white bread dipped in EVOO and balsamic vinegar, so yea pretty bad! :sigh: I got back on plan this morning but haven't really been feeling hungry so I've only had cereal (hexb), milk (hexa), pineapple and a few slices of gammon with carrots and green beans.

I've been on plan all week, except yesterday my cravings kicked in and couldn't say no or stop! I had several choccy bars and loads of shortbread smothered in nutella, then in the evening I had a bacon sandwich with fat on fried in oil in buttered white bread, followed by more slices of white bread dipped in EVOO and balsamic vinegar, so yea pretty bad! :sigh: I got back on plan this morning but haven't really been feeling hungry so I've only had cereal (hexb), milk (hexa), pineapple and a few slices of gammon with carrots and green beans.
Very naughty. Put your line in the sand, step over it. Weight tomorrow and pray(hope) for the smallest possible effect. Next week be super on plan and work back towards goal. So long as it it not compounded, it's only a blip!

I'm being a bit naughty today myself. I got my new Air Fryer that I was planning to make SW Synn Free chips with. Alas when it arrived and my mushy pea curry was already ready I put Tesco Finest Chunky Frozen Chips into it and they were delicious in 15 mins. Hopefully the mushy pea curry mitigates the harm I have done but there is something primitive about wanting to eat the High Calorie naughty food. We have to get a handle on it though because there is no alternative.

May all your losses be huge and any gains be minimal and temporary.

Regards,
Ian

Back