Tuesday Weighers

Good luck all!

And Ian speaks the truth, Barbie - draw a line under the experience and move on. Don't let something negative hold you back and stop you from forging ahead with your slimming success.

I also think we all need a bad day every now and then to remind us of how we used to be and make us think about what would happen if we carried on doing those things.

Have been 100% on plan as usual and maybe that is why I'm not having the losses I want but anyway everything back to normal now but I wont hold my breath as we all know where that has got me before. Weather is pure miserable here so didnt get my walk in this morning and that just sets my day up the wrong way, I'm praying for a miracle that the heavy rain may stop at 4pm and I get my walk over to my weigh in but I wont get soaked either for the sake of a piece of paper that says I have lost 6.5st

I had a non scale victory though this morning as I'm down another inch since last week (not surprising because * week hit the following day) and I have to pinch myself when I say I have lost 18" off my waist (I was 51" when I started, I'm now 33") so if the scales dont reflect this this evening then I know I have had my non scale victory

Ian, was very busy this weekend, I didnt log on here at all as I was supervising a load of teenagers making christmas cakes (thats a real Irish thing !!!) but I think this week will be the week for new recipes and I'm even going to mention the pasta chips in class this evening, I think this is the season for snacks and I think these will go down really well

Paul your very welcome, it is nice to see a new person on here. Have to say I dont know what it is like to lose all that weight, put it back on and start again, that is amazing and it takes a lot of willpower to do that. Have you any advice for us, I think it is no harm to get a new "thing" that works here. No doubt you will have your 2st award this evening, what time is your class at, mine is at 5.30pm and I'm part of the social team where I am and I also cover for the 7.30pm class too but I love it as I meet some very interesting people every week

One other thing, they are doing nominations for Miss Slinky/Mr Sleek this evening, my consultant didnt know if there is a winner for both or just one

Hiya,

Well i went to the Gym after work yesterday for the first time in ages, did 15 mins on a the cross trainer and then 3 different resistance machines, worked up a bit of a sweat which was good, feeling positive about tonights weigh in so fingers crossed

good luck to everyone else!

Will update later this evening / tomorrow morning

Regards

Paul

I think I'm going to have my first gain this week :/

Paul good luck this evening, it might be no harm to measure yourself first as often when you start going to the gym it can show a gain on the scales because of muscles weighing heavier

Jensonbuttongirl, I know it is not easy to possibly face the first gain but I always say a gain can often make us dig in our heels and get a huge loss the week after and besides, you may be okay and get a loss or a sts, let us know either way and we will give some support here

Snow, good luck too, how was your week

It was a mixed bag Orla - I had a crisp binge on Thursday and flexi synned meals on Fri and Saturday but was 100% apart from that - my own scales were showing a little loss until this morning though which made me think I'd got away with it and I did calculate the calories in my crisp binge and flexi syn meals and only went a little over what i was allowed which is a bad habit I have due to using myfitnesspal as a food diary however this morning my scales show a little gain. (I weigh every day as part of a university study on weight loss that i am taking part in - they provided the scales, however they vary between being exactly the same as group to up to four pounds heavier or two pounds lighter so I should ignore them.) I think this is partly because unlike some people I am not always at my lightest in the morning when I use those scales. I am okay though as if it is a gain I know where it came from - I am hoping not to go back up into the 24's as feels like it took me forever to get in the 23's!

Gosh Snow, this weight loss thingy is driving me mad and I suspect your the same. I would hate to have to weigh myself every day, dont think I would be able for that, I have actually stopped weighing myself on a Monday and Tuesday morning a few weeks now (thanks to a new consultant in Ireland gently telling me how it would affect the mood if there was a gain or even if there was a loss but not as much as was anticipated) and the freedom already is palpable, I'm so glad I did that

At least though you are ready and you know why you gained, hopefully you will stay in the 23's and keep going down, good luck though

Yes - I don't regret the flexi synning as you have to live and those were planned events that I really enjoyed. I am bit annoyed with myself due to the crisp binge mind.

The study is a mixed bag - you get text messages to support you which I do find helps and it's for Public Health England so it's really good to see them doing considering other options to help with weight loss other than pushing weight loss surgery etc but weighing daily isn't ideal. i never used to have scales in the house before this so was never an obsessive weigher (more of a scale dodger to be honest) so I hope I will be able to break the habit when the study is done!

Well done on your none scale victory though - I still have not taken measurements as I find it too depressing but they did take some at the weight loss study when I signed up so I have been thinking about asking them what those were so I can see the difference which might make it less depressing.

One other thing, they are doing nominations for Miss Slinky/Mr Sleek this evening, my consultant didnt know if there is a winner for both or just one
Hi Orla,

In my class there will be both. I gather that it is one of the things left to the consultant's discretion. No doubt it helps with recruiting new bodies!

Have a great weigh in all. I'm off to buy some running shoes as extra exercise is likely my next move.

Regards,
Ian

Snow, fair play to you for doing that, if that were me then I would want to see the results just to prove it does work and your an advertisement for slimming world yayyyy as you have done very well

Ian, I suspect our consultant will do both because there is one guy in the glass who is a student and he is doing really well, today will tell a tale anyway. Good luck later on and well done on all the exercise

Right I'm off wish me luck and hopefully I will be posting a minus xxx

Hi all, I rejoined Slimming World last Tues. Had my first weigh in today and I've lost 9lb.
Im so pleased. That's my best first week loss ever!!

Stayed the same. Which is good considering I was significantly off plan on Sunday but I'm a smidge disappointed cos I thought maybe I'd cracked it - maybe I have and maybe Sunday ruined it!!

1.5 lbs off - thank God. I was beginning to feel like the weight was going to stay permanently at the same level.

I have been naughty this week and still got away with it. I also need to step over my line and be extra good not to have it catch up on me next week. Today I handed in my fit sheets and got my Bronze body magic sticker - cert to follow next week.

Props to MsStephanieSamanth, Pepsi77 on super losses!

Comfort to Snow and Amanda.

To those pending weigh in, the best of wishes and the highest of losses. (Still waiting to hear about the pasta crips Orla! Including recipe if they are good!)

Have a great week everyone. May all our syns be indulgent and all our losses be easy.

Regards,
Ian

3.5 off today.:) I am soooo happy because it was a surprise as I haven't been too good this week. Had cider & wine. Must have been the 14 mile bike ride. Only 1/2 to go for my stone. Fingers crossed and I hope I can keep off the Parkin that my friend has made.

Well done all you other losers and positive thoughts to those who didn't. x x x

Back