Tuesday Weighers

Sadly I must report a gain this week. I will attribute it to the Beer I had with my sisters over the weekend and being a bit fast & loose with interpretation of "the plan" over the weekend.

I am switching back to whiskEy and plan to have reversed this blip by this time next week.

Congrats to all who lose and comfort to others experiencing a week like myself.

Kind regards,
Ian

-3lbs! Shocked.... no idea how that happened?!

Hi all,
Haven't been on for a couple of weeks. I lost 0.5lb this week and feel it's a miracle as haven't been on plan at all this week and been scoffing my face with countless many bags of Chocolate, Crisps etc etc. Really been struggling this month though and unfortunately i'm +0.5lb for the month.

Storm, often when you were good it doesn't show on the scales until the following week so hopefully this will show tomorrow, what time do you weigh at, I weigh in at 5.30pm

My group's at 7.30 so quite a late one but it works out best for me as that's normally when I'd get home anyway. How did you do this week, Orla?

Congratulations to everyone who lost and no shame in a gain - just try to pinpoint what happened and put it behind you. A new week is a new start. :)

(I lost 3.5 lbs this week so have lost all the weight I gained over the past 2 (+3) and an extra half a pound, so quite happy with that! If I lose half next week I'll get my 5 1/2 award so hopefully I can resist temptations...)

Thrilled to say I was down 2Ibs and I move into a new stone category so very happy with this

Ahhhh Orla am delighted for you! You really deserved it. Save a space for me down in that 12 group, fighting my way back :)

Yay! Well done orla you must be delighted!
Well.done everyone else on your.losses, I managed half a pound again this week which I'm delighted with as yet another week off plan, but I'm back on it 100% from now on hopefully get a good loss next week :)

Hi all,
Haven't been on for a couple of weeks. I lost 0.5lb this week and feel it's a miracle as haven't been on plan at all this week and been scoffing my face with countless many bags of Chocolate, Crisps etc etc. Really been struggling this month though and unfortunately i'm +0.5lb for the month.

But you're back now and that's all that matters! 0.5lb up over all isn't much at all in the grand scheme of things. Good luck :)

Thank you all, I just signed into. The 12's Laura so get yourself over there pronto

Eurgh, stayed the same this week after +1lb last week...! Only just teetering over 7lb lost so far, feeling a little disappointed with myself having only lost 8.5lb since beginning of Jan :( ....oh well, onwards and upwards hopefully! Had two bad weekends on the bounce + TOTM (excuses!!)

...so drawing a line and hopefully going to see a loss next week. Fingers Crossed anyway.

Well done everyone, keep up the good work

I know this feeling, keep persevering it always pays off xxx

Well done everyone on your losses, some really good ones!

Ian - that beer is a bugger isn't it.. I am the same with cider. New week now and all that! :)

It certainly is Mary!

Beer & Cider have given me a 100% FAIL rate on the SW plan. Someone who is better at the tech than I needs to explain to me why Beer and Cider seem to weight more than lead a week after consumption.

As it is, I plan to give up beer completely, ignoring Lent to make it a given that I drink Wine if I want volume and spirits or cocktails when I just want to get drunk!

Perhaps writing it here, someone can learn from my pain. Step away from the pump - it's not clever and it is not impressing anybody.

Best wishes,
Ian

Eurgh, stayed the same this week after +1lb last week...! Only just teetering over 7lb lost so far, feeling a little disappointed with myself having only lost 8.5lb since beginning of Jan :( ....oh well, onwards and upwards hopefully! Had two bad weekends on the bounce + TOTM (excuses!!)

...so drawing a line and hopefully going to see a loss next week. Fingers Crossed anyway.

Well done everyone, keep up the good work

Don't feel too bad about it, it'll drop off before you know it. Could just be water weight :). I weighed myself 2 days after a first weigh in and the scales said I was up 4lbs! Near had a heart attack but by my next weigh in I was down to what I was before then with an extra half lost so can't ever really trust the scales. Make sure you take measurements too! I do mine every 4 weeks. I think we must have started the same week as i'm on Week 8 too and i'm only 7lbs down with averages a 1lb a week which is perfectly fine really although it never feels quite quick enough.

Have two other threads going if you fancy a look. Ones a food diary and ones a superfood supplement 'experiment' haha. I have found that having a food diary where others can see it helps :)

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/350292-mini-curves-still-required-d.html

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-wo...ioglan-superfood-supergreens-supplements.html

The dreaded Irish and their drink, I have to say I'm very proud of how I control my syns when drinking, I only drink red wine now and have no problem going all day without syns but I agree about the beer, it is full of sugar but you have to enjoy yourself too, we would have a very boring life if we couldn't go out and have a few beers every so often

I weighed in on Wednesday this week as I've been in Iceland for a long weekend. Gained 2.5lbs and I earned every one of those! I had multiple pints of beer every day that I was away not to mention cheese, bread, cereal and fruit juice for breakfast every morning. There's no reason I shouldn't lose some of that next week.

Well done Orla!!!!

Something tells me that in years to come people will consider monitoring weight loss on a weekly basis as being unhelpful. Over the period of a month the weekly measurements do help show us trends but the individual weeks can give us jarring results.

Not entirely sure that the problem with drink is only experienced by the Irish Orla. Some of the members of my group struggle with fitting in some drinking too. The group my Mom attended in Dublin called it "Liquid Cake".

There is something to be said for the stoic pragmatism of people accepting that there are times when the events are more important than our eating plan and being prepared to live with a few pounds.

:booboo:
My mention of the beer this week is as a result of it precipitating such a bad result without being especially enjoyable.

Had I that evening to do again; I would simply have had a few whiskies instead, avoiding the blue funk I've been going through since weigh in on Tuesday night.

Hey ho!
I trust that everyone keeps to plan and that we get to leverage the power of "Free food February" despite any glitches.

Have a great week folks!

Kind regards,
Ian

Back